|Product Dimensions||12 x 5.2 x 4 inches|
|Item model number||43224-183|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Additional product features||Video|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Power Source||Battery powered|
|Alert type||Motion Only|
|Sensor technology||Room_temperature, Nightvision|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $39.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Nanit Smart Baby Monitor and Wall Mount Gen 1 (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Enhance your purchase
- Best view of baby day and night: See and hear your baby 24/7 with HD live streaming, unparalleled night vision, and zoom to get in close. Plus, Nanit works over Wi-Fi, even when internet is down.
- The Nanit Wall Mount: No painful set-up. No exposed cords. Nanit easily mounts to the wall behind your crib, giving you an amazing overhead view of baby.
- Smart notifications: Nanit tracks sound and motion to keep you in the know about what's happening in the nursery. Temperature and humidity sensors monitor the environment, ensuring your baby is comfortable.
- Soft Glow Night Light: Find pacifiers and loveys in a snap without waking baby with a diffused, ceiling-directed LED nightlight with gradual dimming technology. Drill a 3/16 inch hole in the marked spot and insert the anchor until flush to wall
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Baby Monitor Reinvented
The Most Advanced Nursery Camera Ever
HD video and audio give you a crystal clear view of baby, while nightvision and pinch-to-zoom let you see every detail. A built-in nightlight, plus temperature and humidity sensors, let you easily oversee room conditions. Access all of it anywhere, anytime with remote viewing.
Built To Live Next To The Crib
Nanit's innovative Wall Mount gives you the perfect overhead view of baby, and makes it simple to safely position your baby monitor in the nursery. The included cable management system keeps cords safely away from curious fingers for peace of mind.
With Nanit Insights, Nanit tracks not only baby's sleep, but parental habits as well, and gives you scientifically-backed tips to improve. See a briefing each morning of how last night went, or look at trends to see improvements over time and age-based comparisons.
Designed from the ground up with babies and parents in mind.
The Best View of Baby. Period.
Bird’s-eye perspective delivers stunning HD live views. Pinch-to-zoom and best-in-class night vision let you check in on baby without disturbing their sleep. Whether you're in the next room or across the world on business, you can check in on baby in seconds.
Oversee Room Conditions
Temperature and humidity sensors let you oversee room conditions from your smartphone. Plus, a ceiling-directed, soft-glow nightlight helps prevent sleep disturbances.
Nanit comes with enterprise-level security and AES 256-bit symmetric-key encryption—the same standards used by hospitals.
Stay In The Know, Anytime and Anywhere
Smart Alerts & Background Audio
Real-time motion and sound push notifications keep you updated, and background audio lets you listen in, even when you're in other apps or your screen is locked.
Shareable Moments & Milestones
Hooray! Celebrate special occasions with fun, shareable recognition for developmental achievements and day-to-day successes.
Unlike other cameras, Nanit keeps streaming even when Internet is down thanks to dual local and cloud streaming.
Parenting Team Approved
Keep caregivers on the same page with multiple account logins and in-app commenting.
Supercharge your monitor with Nanit Insights (1 Month Trial Included)
Save Every Moment
Never miss a moment with saved video history. Plus, Night and Day summaries give you timelapse briefings so you can see your baby's whole day in seconds without scrolling through hours of empty crib footage.
Sleep & Visit Tracking
How long was that nap? How many times did the nanny visit? Get an exact recap of baby’s sleep activity, plus a Sleep Score that tells you how well your baby slept.
Tips, Trends & Achievements
Is baby’s room too cold between 2 and 3am? Too hot? Is she soothing herself back to sleep 4 out of 5 times? Get customized sleep tips for solving your baby’s unique sleep challenges, plus see how your baby's sleep compares to healthy averages and watch it improve over time.
Compare with similar items
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We purchased this after using a Levana with our first son (which I was very happy with) because we wanted the ability to view footage from the nursery from work as we are hiring a nanny.
The major pro is the app and ability to access the footage from anywhere. I chose this over a Nest Cam as I liked that you have the ability to turn the sound on as background when not on the app (so works like a sound monitor and when you hear something you just click on the app to see the video footage). I also like the long cord and that it comes with materials to “hide” the cord along the wall spot isn’t jist draping and looks nicer.
- for an expensive monitor the picture quality is not what I expected. I purchased a “cheap” $55 generic monitor off of Amazon for travel and it’s image quality is much better.
- the camera does not have the ability to turn or rotate unless you manuall do it, and even with this movements are limited which limits where you can mount it. My Levana camera I am able to move the camera head almost 360 degrees as well as up and down from the video screen monitor, and I really like this feature and wish the Nanit, which is much more expensive, had it.
- I have not figured out how to zoom in , only how to make the video screen bigger, which I don’t consider “zoom”
- the night vision is not what I expected considering the price. Again, the $55 generic monitor I bought off Amazon is much better quality in this regard as well.
Of note: I have yet to try my one month free trial of the Nanit insights. I am waiting until we move my infant son into the crib for night sleep and not just naps. If the Insights is remarkable I may change my review, but I am also hesitant to subscribe to the service as I did not need anything like that for my first son, so I don’t think it is a necessary thing.
Long story short, I would tell those looking for a monitor that their money would be better spent elsewhere. If we hadn’t mounted ours to the wall, I would have returned it.
UPDATE: I have moved my rating from 3 star to 1 star, as I had chalked up my problems with our nanit to possibly our old home/plaster walls interfering with the signal. Our nanit has truly worked maybe 15 nights over the course of a year+. It is ridiculous how poorly it has worked for the cost! However, we recently purchased amazon cloud cameras and they work perfectly! No signal issues whatsoever, never has it gone out, etc. I am beyond annoyed that I purchased a nanit and would advise those looking for a baby monitor to buy a Nest or a Amazon Cloud cam instead.
When it works it does exactly what we want it to, but keeping it connected without interruptions or having to reboot our router is an endless ordeal. I had suspicions about a baby monitor that could only run on a cloud network and not locally via Bluetooth or a home network but the reviews on the mommy blogs we read were good enough that we figured “well they must have figured that out and that’s what sets them ahead.” Sadly, that is not the case.
The Nanit loses its connection to their network frequently, and that’s even when you’ve got it configured to their laughable optimal standards.
In order for the Nanit to work according to their troubleshooting guide your router should more or less be in your baby’s nursery, which is just bonkers. Even after setting up a new dedicated network for the Nanit, staying connected to their cloud is an impossibly finicky scenario. It doesn’t do us any good if the Nanit stops working in the middle of the night while we’re sleeping and can’t hear our baby crying.
The UX in the app is also difficult to navigate, when it does disconnect (which is often) it doesn’t remember passwords, and you have to go back through the process of setting up a “new camera” every time.
We use a white noise machine in our baby’s room, and the lag from the Nanit app makes it really difficult for us to get to sleep most nights because the background noise constantly cuts in and out all night.
I wish Nanit had focused more on usability and versatility and less on their paid data insights plan that they try to sell me on every time I open the app. I’d be willing to be the company is not doing well because their baby monitor sucks, and they’re trying to subscribe people to this service to show monthly recurring revenue to their investors in hopes they’ll keep them afloat.
- set up. It wouldn’t connect to either of our phones with ease. We had to start and re-start the Nanit several times. It took a couple of hours until it finally worked. This is a known issue.
- connectivity. The connection is shockingly unreliable. It struggles to maintain a connection for the full night and frequently cuts in and out. It’s anxiety-inducing and dangerous, and we keep white noise on in the baby’s room overnight so the silence alerts us to a lost connection. It means we’re regularly woken by the white noise stopping and starting through the monitor.
- the multistand. We purchased this for a vacation and it’s been a total waste of money because the Nanit doesn’t work on a public networks - such as the one in our condo - and Nanit doesn’t communicate this. We arrived after bedtime with a crying baby to spend the next hour trying to fruitlessly set up the monitor, only to have Nanit customer service confirm their product wouldn’t work on our network. They told us to go to Walmart and buy an extender, which wasn’t possible late at night (not to mention disappointing that a product so expensive simply doesn’t work as advertised and needed).
- great picture quality
- great data
- great features (ability to speak to baby through monitor, play white noise, etc.)
It’s an unreliable product which isn’t fit for purpose.
Top reviews from other countries
I've even tried optimizing my router to give it more speed but every time it cuts off, loads forever and has a HUGE delay. The delay gets so bad that sometimes my daughter has enough time to fall back to sleep before I can ever hear her cry through the app for the first time. Honestly it can get as bad as 30 seconds!!!
I even tried changing my router to see if that helps and disconnect EVERY device in the house. Sadly the results are the same. If I could get a refund I would! We not recommend even to my enemy! Thanks for the waste of $400
Biggest vice: it's expensive but you get what you pay for.