Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 564 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 597 reviews
on March 26, 2015
I bought this basket for my daughter for Christmas one year ago. It is a beautiful basket but has not lasted at all!!
The sides have separated from the wooden bottom, making it worthless. Although pretty to look at, the quality of this product is highly suspect. :(
review image review image
22 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2013
My birthday gift this year was a new commuter bike. I bought a Trek Allant 7 WSD, and it's perfect for running errands around town, getting to the beach, and just cruising around the neighborhood after a days work. I really wanted to outfit my bike with a wicker basket as I love the retro look. The Nantucket Lightship Classic dark stained is EXACTLY what fit the bill. This basket is well constructed, and it's wood base makes it sturdy and roomy. I keep my cable lock, and a cloth sack that holds everything else like keys, phone, Kindle reader or tablet, small wallet and a rolled up windbreaker if it gets chilly. I wouldn't pack heavy things in there as the weight limit is around 13 lbs. This basket completes my accessories and it's super cute.

June 30, 2013 - Updated review

To my dismay, the basket lasted only two months before it started to fall apart. The rim loosened up and the basket started to pull away from the rim. I was so disappointed and reluctantly returned it to Amazon (after the 30 day full refund deadline). Kudos for Amazon for giving me a full refund anyway, given that I returned a defective item. I then spend a couple of hours on the internet researching other baskets, both wicker and wire. Guess what? I did not find anything that I likes as much as the original Nantucket Lightship basket, so I ordered a second one! I'm hoping this one isn't defective and it will last for two years instead of two months. I will admit, I also ordered a mini alloy front rack that I will install as extra support for the bottom of the basket. I don't carry heavy items but I want this basket to last. I'm hoping to relieve some of the pull from the leather straps at the top by having extra support at the bottom. I'm going to keep the 5 start rating.
review image
on April 24, 2017
It's a bit delicate. The wrapping around the top edge has broken in a few places. VERY nice basket, however, it is so nice, I feel I have to removed it anytime I secure my bike.

Update 5/25/17 -- The brass nuts holding the emblem fell off and are lost. There is a reinforced bottom, but on the outside of the bottom, along the edge where the inside bottom is is weakening. The only thing I keep in the basket is a cable lock to secure my bike, and a pair of binoculars, and my wallet

I would only purchase something like this but to sit on a counter with flowers and not use it.
on May 11, 2014
When I saw this basket and it jumped out at me. I just bought a new cruiser and was on the hunt for a perfect basket. Nothing was hitting the spot but when I saw this, I didn't care the price, I had to have it. I'm so pleased that I bought it. It fits my cruiser beautifully. The leather straps are a beautiful detail. Surprisingly, my helmet fits in it! It also fits my cell phone, drink, and bike lock. I love it. My fiancé described it as classy, sophisticated, and earthy.
on May 22, 2017
Terrible quality -do not buy! This basket looks adorable and I received many compliments. However, the craftsmanship and quality are horrendous! I have only ever placed my cell phone inside and have only used the basket 4-5 times and the bottom is ripping out! That is absolutely unbelievable at a $50 price point! A basket certainly needs to hold more than a cell phone and last longer than a few bike trips! Very, very disappointing purchase and it looks like it's been too many weeks now to return. Do yourself a favor and do not waste your money, either. So sad because it really does look gorgeous on a cruiser.
on February 16, 2016
Durable basket looks great. I've purchased two of these. Perfect for caring a beach towel your phone, and other goodies to the beach. Just the right size. I've been stopped and asked multiple times where to purchase.
review image review image
on September 18, 2016
Cute accessory for my new cruiser bike.
This basket is well made and fits easily on the handle bars. It has quality leather straps with brass buckles to secure it in place and make it easy to take on and off, and the brass buckles add some lovely character to the style of my bike and the basket.
My only real complaint is that one of the screws holding the Nantucket logo plate on the front worked loose and is now lost, so I have to find a brass screw to replace it.
The price is a little high but the quality of the basket is definitely better than other cheaper baskets out there, overall I am really happy with my purchase.
on May 15, 2017
Pretty good product, good size. But the brass badge was missing entirely. Not on it, not fell off in the box, just missing. It's kind of a central aesthetic feature of the basket. Did the factory just run out of badges and keep going with production? Not cool.
on April 9, 2015
Very cute, looks perfect on my new Townie bike.
review image
on August 22, 2015
Love the look as it's everything I was looking for my new hybrid bike! The basket weave does appear to be thin and frail, thus giving it only 4 stars, and will have to evaluate as time goes on how it holds up but on the plus side, it's very light weight. I have fallen over twice with my crazy puppy training with a "Walky Dog" and so far no damage to the basket. There are two sturdy leather straps with brass buckles to adjust to your handlebars and making it easy to remove for theft protection if you're leaving the bike unattended. The size is good to hold just about everything i take on a bike ride and then some. Generous opening and loved the shape in that it's flat toward the bike handlebars and then rounds out to graceful curves. It's deep enough so that nothing seems to bounce out; and the bottom is reinforced with a flat wooden plank which looks very sturdy and supportive. The crowning touch is the Nantucket Bike Basket brass logo centered on the front giving it a note of authenticity.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.