Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 19, 2017
Can't believe how well Elin Hilderbrand understands human nature and the world and the times in which we live. Her knowledge, understanding, education, et. al. is as deep as the deepest well. For somebody who lives on a small island, or for anybody for that matter, she has a world view and a universe of understanding and knowledge. For those of us from The Cape and Islands, she brings back a world and scenes from decades of our lives.

For those of us who grew up with Cumberland Farms, The Cape Cod Mall, the Ferries, Stop Shop, Cape Air, the Summer crowds, the non-moving traffic, the full and jammed parking lots, et. al., Hilderbrand writes in HD big time. If the current version is 4 HD then that is certainly where she is at now. She is unafraid of life and all its dilemmas. Most of us at any age or of any gender have been where her characters are. To paraphrase the old ABC Sports, it is the "human drama of. . .competition." The thrill of agony and the victory of defeat.

Hilderbrand has dug into Nantucket and human nature to beyond their very bedrock.
on August 24, 2015
Three teenager girls meet in Nantucket. One a dancer, a future lawyer, and the future wife of a construction mogul. They've remained close friends for years. Their yearly ritual of "Summer Swim" included picnicking on the beach, sharing secrets, and a midnight swim has lasted for 20 years. But everything turns into a nightmare this year, when one women goes into the ocean and never comes out. A full scale police investigation ensues, pointing to one of the women as a murder suspect. Rumors and innuendoes make this a very good murder mystery to read on the beach.
on October 30, 2017
I usually like Elin Hildebrand’s books, but I wasn’t a fan of this one. It seems to be a story about a family destroyed, and I don’t see much redeeming about it. I don’t read Elin’s books to be depressed; I read them to be uplifted and entertained. In this way, this particular book isn’t at all the same caliber as the others I’ve read.
on September 6, 2017
I don't know why I keep reading these books! I love the setting and it's very descriptive, beautiful. The story starts interesting but falls apart with no explanations for the characters actions. Even with the quick ending, I'm left asking why? Why did he or she do this? What happened? It was disappointing.
on February 7, 2015
A VERY GOOD FRIEND TURNED ME ONTO ELIN HILDERBRAND, AND BEING ON VACATION IN MEXICO IS LIKE A SUMMER READ! The only problem I had was that towards the end,the last 100 pages or so, I cold not stop and was AWAKE until after 2AM. THe wonderful "beginning" of a long term "woman" friendship was beautiful to say the least: but I thought "VAL' S BETRAYEL UNFORGIVABLE!!! To throw her dear friend under the bus is NOT what friends do ever! Women are natural born nurturers! I don't want to spoil the ending, but "knowing" KAYLA, she is "Earth Mother". I wish there was a sequel, so Val could and should get her come-uppance! She is a selfish, thoughtless,-no she thought it out, so thoughtless is the wrong word!!!!! She is a poor excuse of a friend, confidante, and ARETHA' S DEFINITION OF A WOMAN WHO DESERVES RESPECT!!!! Kayla is questionable, but deep down does what's right. Antoinette deserves peace in her life, and a way to "forgive" herself. I still would recommend this book because sometimes "friends" change over 20 years.
on September 12, 2014
This author writes the best beach reads! They are set on idyllic Nantucket Island, and there is always some personal crises plaguing the main characters. What makes this author's stories different from others of this genre is that the problems are not neatly resolved with a happy ever after ending. The people in Hilderbrand's novels have their lives forever altered by the events, but things end on an optimistic note, so the reader feels confident that the characters are beginning the healing process. It makes for compelling reading.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 4, 2017
I can always depend on Elin Hildebrand to produce a book that is going to pleasure and fascinate. This book is well-written and has some unexpected twists and turns.
on July 12, 2017
The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars was because of the ending. I love her books but honestly she needs to learn how to write a good ending. Hardly any of her books end well and that's a shame because they are good. Frustrated!!
on March 27, 2017
This one didn't disappoint. Love all her books Can't wait for the next one. Hate to see the story come to an end.
on March 7, 2017
As all her books are, this one was a page turner I couldn't put down -- and didn't until finished. Mystery, love, friendships questioned. Wish there would be a sequel.