Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.75 shipping
Nantucket Seafood Lobster Shears by Fox Run
|Price:||$9.77 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Use lobster shears to cut around joints and bottom of tail to extract meat
- Keep closed with safety clasp at end of handle when not in use
- Handle is -inchridged-inch for a secure grip
- Great for king crab legs
- Dishwasher safe - top rack only
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Nantucket Seafood Lobster Shears by Fox Run
Nantucket Seafood Lobster Shears B003D2PAUW
Norpro 1527 Shanghai Crab Scissors B000SSSWHW
Prepworks seafood scissors B009VKJT52
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Stock Your Home||Amazon.com||etailz|
|Dimensions||0.63 inches x 3.63 inches||0.38 inches x 2 inches||6 inches x 3.25 inches||6 inches x 3 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.25 pounds||0.4 pounds||0.1 pounds||0.15 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
The spring that sits in between the handle falls out with great ease, and without this tension being provided, I would have been better off buying kids scissors. Try eating a lobster with kid scissors, and that's exactly the experience these provide.
Additional, the red plastic tab, broke off 3 of the 5 units before even using them. So even if the springs lasted (more than one meal), you cannot close the unit for storage. Its so cheaply made, that they practically disintegrate at the dinner table before use.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
1. The red rectangle piece you see on the handle is the tool lock. Each time you use the shears to make a snip, the "safe switch" re-engages and locks the shears closed. You must use your other hand to unlock the shears after each snip, thus getting food grease on the shears.
2. Since there are no finger holes in the shear's handles, your hand slides forward on the two handles because of the now introduced food grease. Your hand slides forward enough that you can't get any pressure to make the cut....no leverage left. I ended up having to stop after three snips to wash both my hands and the tool itself. It took about 7 minutes to snip out the chicken's back bone and the breast's keel bone.
3. About every third snip, the handles slip enough that the shears open too far. At this point the spring between the handles falls off the shears.
4. I now know the necessity of getting shears with finger holes so your hands stay in place on the tool. This tool has none.
I would strongly recommend you finding a different brand shear than this tool.
The first pair of shears fell apart before first use.(spring disconnected)
The second pair ceased to work on fresh lobster SOFT shell. Shears would
not cut through 1 lb. soft shell claws. Do not bother,
buy good pair of kitchen (chicken) shears.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
When I brought 2 pair of these April 3, 2015 they came with a plastic cover and cost $4.91. Now they don't come with the plastic cover they pop a loose and the spring comes out. Read morePublished 4 months ago by pamela jean ellis
I was refunded for these because they fell apart the first time I used them..,Published 15 months ago by Debbie Squier-Bernst
Shears work very well for lobster and crab. The closure clip is flimsy.Published 21 months ago by BB
We bought this along with the 8 piece seafood tool set and they are great. Much easier for getting into the shellsPublished on January 24, 2014 by Gloria J. Trammell
these are fine for cutting down the soft belly shell of the lobster but are too lightweight for anything else. Read morePublished on January 22, 2014 by Book Nut