Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Napoleon PRO605CSS Mirage Charcoal Grill with Rear...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 14% off the $1,299.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Napoleon PRO605CSS Mirage Charcoal Grill with Rear Burner
Want this professionally assembled?
- Have an expert assemble your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your assembled product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 845 Square inches cooking surface for ample room (Primary cooking area: 605 sq. in.)
- Stainless steel construction for longevity
- Includes a charcoal rotisserie burner
- Optional accessories: Heavy Duty Rotisserie Kit, Stainless Steel Griddle, Smoker Pipe, Heavy Duty Cover
- President's Limited Lifetime Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Professional Charcoal Grill with Rear Burner
You’re a traditionalist. If charcoal grilling is the best way to grill, then the PRO605CSS Professional Charcoal Grill is the perfect grill for you. Napoleon’s elegant Professional Charcoal combines the stability of a cart model grill with traditional charcoal grilling for incredible results. Getting the best of both worlds is an understatement with this all stainless steel grill. The Charcoal Professional has an impressive 605 square inches of main grilling area. Just think about grilling up to 32 burgers, not small ones, but big 4-inch ones. The generous side shelves give you work surface to spare. It even has convenient integrated tool hooks, just like a big gas grill.
Gas Grill Style
You don’t have to raise the space saving LIFT EASE roll top lid to find out how amazing this grill is. Front and center is the convenient front-loading door. Add charcoal on the fly by just opening this hatch and adding the extra coals that you need. The 304 stainless steel body is not only beautiful, but shrugs off corrosion and wipes down easily too. For added style, the door and lid handles are chromed out. The ash and drip pan slide out when you’re done grilling for quick and easy cleaning. Keeping your PRO605CSS spotless.
When cooking, being in control is key. Traditional grilling takes careful observation and regulation, especially when fire is involved. With the Charcoal Professional’s adjustable charcoal bed, you rule. Set the height of the lit charcoal to six different positions. You also have sliding air vents to increase the control that you have over the heat and burn rate. Knowing you’re in the zone is easier than ever with the built in ACCU-PROBE temperature gauge. Napoleon’s Professional Charcoal Grill is so versatile, you can sear over high heat, getting that perfect lick of flame on the perfect steak. Or you can roast, low and slow over indirect heat using the charcoal dividers. Even better, you can get the delicate flavor of smoked dishes by using the Charcoal Professional as a smoker too. Just by adding soaked wood chips to your lit charcoal, you can easily add smoke to your grilled foods.
The most amazing feature on this unique grill is the Charcoal Professional’s exclusive rear rotisserie burner. That’s right, a charcoal powered rear rotisserie burner. This exclusive burner allows you to create rotissed meals, glorious and perfect, on your Professional Charcoal Grill. People won’t believe you when you tell them what you cooked on the Charcoal Professional.
What's In The Box
When you open the box containing the Charcoal Professional, you will find a fully assembled, stainless steel grill head, the stainless steel side shelves and all parts to put together the stainless steel cabinet, including the hardware. You will also find the porcelainized cast iron WAVE cooking grids, and the warming rack. Also included is the ash tray, drip pan, and the rear chamber to hold charcoal and act as the rear rotisserie burner. You also receive two charcoal dividers for use when smoking and indirect grilling, as well as the manual.
- Adjustable Charcoal Bed.
- Two Charcoal Dividers.
- 854 Square Inches of Total Cooking Area.
- Stainless Steel Construction.
Adjustable Charcoal Bed
Large Cooking Area
|Item Dimensions||49.5 x 22 x 67 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||PRO605CSS|
|Shipping Weight||275 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Napoleon PRO605CSS Mirage Charcoal Grill with Rear Burner
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||1 Stop Camera & Appliances||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||22 x 67 x 49.5 in||50.51 x 60.22 x 28.16 in||28.43 x 55.79 x 50.98 in||48 x 30 x 43.5 in||18 x 21 x 22.5 in||28 x 45 x 52 in|
Who said that charcoal grilling can't look good? With the Napoleon Mirage Charcoal Grill, you can now enjoy your favorite meals on a large 845 square in cooking surface. The lid is double-lined stainless steel with a LIFE EASE roll top lid for oven-like performance. An adjustable charcoal bed for multi-level heat control allows you to easily control the temperature. Included is a porcelainized cast iron WAVE reversible channel cooking grids to give you Napoleon's trademark sear lines. With a unique front loading door that allows you to add additional charcoal while cooking with ease. The two stainless steel doors gives you a generous amount of storage space under your grill. Heavy duty stainless steel shelves completes a solid grill made for longevity backed with the President's Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Top Customer Reviews
Quality of Construction and the Joy of Putting the Napoleon Grill Together: Putting the stand together and seating the grill on top was more of a headache than I expected, and I did have some problems with putting some of the screws into the pre-threaded sheet metal (I had to drill out one pre-threaded hole and replace the sheet metal screw with a small nut and bolt)., However after an afternoon of struggle I finally got it together and the completed unit is very solid. The main reason I opted for this particular grill were the reviews indicating that internal mechanics for raising and lowering the charcoal were strong and solid. They are, and in that regard are unlike the “premium” charcoal grills you find at Home Depot and Lowes, which have internal workings that feel flimsy and destined to fail in a year or two.
Customer Service: The hood thermometer was dead on arrival – didn't work at all – so I called Napoleon customer service. They were very courteous and responsive and had a new one shipped to me within a week, no questions asked -- except, they wanted the serial number and where I bought it. So hang onto the label on the big shipping box. That's the only place the serial number is.
Stainless Steel Versus Matte Black: I purchased this grill despite the fact it was stainless steel, not because it's stainless steel. The disadvantage of stainless steel that I perceived going in – the need to keep it very clean if you don't want it to look unappetizingly awful – is real. You have to clean it frequently to keep it from looking filthy. Matte black, on the other hand, hides a multitude of sins. However stainless steel has another disadvantage that caught me completely by surprise. It is sizzling hot to the touch and will inflict endless little burns if you are not very careful. I used my matte black BarBChef grill for many years and don't recall a single burn. It just wasn't that hot to the touch. For the first couple of months using this grill, I burned myself a couple of times a week. I'm getting better at avoiding burns, but doing so requires being almost constantly gloved, which is a pain in the neck. This is not a deal breaker for me – I'm still happy with my purchase given the alternatives I saw – but I thought the surprising “burn factor” worth noting.
The Grilling Experience - Pros and Cons:
1. The elegantly curved cast iron grilling surface is as good as the manufacturer says it is – much better than the heavier cast iron grill surface on my old grill. More heat gets to the food, and its easier to clean.
2. I can't say why, but it seems to me that this grill does a better job cooking with the hood down than my old grill. The food seems to cook faster and more evenly.
3. This setting that raises and lowers the charcoal, at its highest setting, gets the fuel closer to the food than any grill I've seen. This is great for steaks.
4. The hood thermometer is easy to read and functional. You actually get useful information from it.
5. The mechanism for raising and lowering the charcoal, which involves moving a handle and seating it in any one of several pre-cut notches, is very easy to use – much faster and easier than the crank I am used to (however see the “Con” below on this same subject).
1. The little door in front for adding charcoal while you are grilling is too small – apparently for no reason other than “styling” -- and does not fully open. This is an especially serious problem when using the grill as a smoker, for a couple of reasons. First, given the burn issue described above, you do not dare try to put in new charcoal bare handed, but it's too small to accommodate a mitt (I use a standard Weber mitt), so I have to have a separate glove, which is not insulated, to do this. Second, once I'm properly gloved up and in, its still too small to properly stir the new charcoal in with the old.
2. The mechanism for raising and lowering the charcoal does not allow for fine (or even not so fine) adjustments; the settings are pretty far apart. I miss a crank's ability to get the exact distance between grill and charcoal I want. That said, I have adjusted for this problem by periodically, and easily, toggling between two settings that bracket my ideal height, and have not noted any problems with the quality of the result.
3. The air holes in the charcoal cradle are too small and too few to allow accumulating ashes to fall through easily, even when stirred Again, this is a problem when using the grill as a smoker, as the ashes build up and retard the fire.
4. The ash catch tray is oddly small and awkward to get to and empty while you are grilling. It's inside the cabinet and has to be pulled completely out to access properly. I'm used to a big tray that I can pull part way out and empty on the fly.
5. In my yard the grill is situated on a slight slant, but its basically impossible to set the wheel brakes, or even to put some kind of block against the wheels to ensure against rolling. The wheels are seemingly “protected” by various parts of the steel cabinet from any such interference.
The Neutral: I have not used the removable rotisserie grill in the hood and have no comment on it, except to say that it looks like it would be difficult to clean.
Overall: Minor complaints aside, this is a great barbecue for standard grilling. I would purchase it again. For use as a smoker, I find it overly difficult to use and generally inadequate. In fairness to the manufacturer, I don't think they market it as a smoker, but it's frustrating to think that a few minor modifications would fix the problems I experienced. I guess I'm going to have to buy a dedicated smoker too.
There are many possibilities to use this grill. But you have to buy the rotisserie set to make it perfect.
I like to make chicken or a whole turkey on the rotisserie.
Now the bad. My first requirement for a charcoal grill is that when you close the cover and close the vent the airflow should at least decrease enough to stop any flares. Not so with this grill. I can put the cover on, close up the vent control and there's still enough oxygen to support a continuous, roaring fire inside. So I've had to be very careful to avoid flare-ups. I'm looking to see if there's anything that can be done to tighten it up but until then I'd recommend this only with reservations.