Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Napoleon: Total War Collection [Online Game Code]
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on April 15, 2013
If you know this franchise then you know what you are getting. It is more of the same stuff.

This is one of those titles that will go on sale for the Holidays if you are willing to wait for it. Requires Steam activation but I am actually getting to like Steam. Games eventually become inexpensive so there is little limit to the number I can own and play as long as I am patient. And I can play anywhere as long as I can log into Steam. I did in fact download many games to a friends computer while on an extended vacation visiting my daughter. Downloaded what I wanted while I slept. Not a single issue.

One interesting note, the tutorial is very well done.

Hail Flavius!
on June 21, 2013
This is a distinct improvement on Empire Total War. Really it's Empire with the bugs worked out, which is a shame. It's not really limited in scope, because one can battle all across the European theater as Napoleon and, in the Wars of the Coalition campaign, as the other major European powers. But it somehow seems limited compared to Empire's grand vision of fighting in the Americas and India. It would have been nice to be able to invade India - or Washington - as Napoleon. But this isn't too bad and I still like it. It does come with all the DLC, which makes things much easier, and considering that it's not a bad value. It does require Steam, as all the Total War games do now.
on December 11, 2014
Great game, well designed but for 2 things: 1) way too short. Only 3 campaigns means very limited game play in single player. 2) when you beat or lose a campaign, the campaign ends. You are not allowed to keep playing it, shortening the game play even further.
on October 7, 2015
It was ok. They should have kept the similar format of Empire:Total War. I wasn't able to play Grand Campaigns like in In Empire Total War! Also, by limiting the game to the Middle East, North Africa, and Europe, they took the sense of "Empire" and Global Reach away from the franchise. Graphics are cool, and Napoleon's Egyptian Campaign is fun. Overall however, not worth the buy!!!! Sorry SEGA, but this game was more like Partial Battle than Total War!!!
on September 2, 2013
I am an avid wargamer and having seen the "ify" reviews of Empire I was very concerned, having tried to avoid steam for so long. Well this is my first try, and I have to say, at times it can be irritating but for the most part it works (I have Comcast WIFI and an i3 core processor). The game itself is much fun with the sounds, music and battle feel (the screen shaking when you take artillery). I have to say, when the computer puts that colored line (blue-red) showing the balance of forces, and it looks like you cannot win, you can, because in any AI the computer cannot follow certain tactics. Example, in the naval battles, the french showed up out gunning some of my frigates, however, since they attacked, all I had to do was survive the hour, so first two broadsides were chain shot, which slowed them WAY down, and then I just out ran them for the rest of the battle. On land battles, kill the opposing General first, then go after everything else. I find the AI leaves artillery alone on the battle fields which is when my Cavalry does an end run and overrun. So enjoy, worth the price.
on July 6, 2013
Napoleon Total War is a great follow-up to Empire Total War, that further refines the AI and gameplay.

Although you cannot play as the USA in this one, the included Peninsular Campaign of Spain is a hoot and highly recommended and the best part of the collection.
on October 26, 2013
The graphics are very impressive, better than Shogun 2 in some places. Its a bit smaller than empire total war, but is still a solid TW game.
on July 4, 2013
One of the most ambitious games in the series. Just like the little french's emperor. It's a GREAT strategic game.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2014
For the price on amazon vs other places I definitely recommend! Great game for all strategists!
on May 5, 2016