The Narnia Code
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis has become one of the most globally beloved franchises in history. And yet, there are mysteries about the author and these seven stories that have fascinated scholars and fans for nearly half a century.
Enter Michael Ward who takes us inside the pages of Lewis’s masterpieces and discovers a “secret imaginative key” – THE NARNIA CODE. Like a detective embroiled in an elusive chase, Ward takes us on an illuminating adventure into medieval cosmology and spiritual symbolism. His absorbing conclusions reveal a new third layer of hidden delight that will forever change your love and appreciation for C. S. Lewis and the Narnia books.
INCLUDES OVER 45 MINUTES OF BONUS FEATURETTES: Three Friends, Hearth and Home, Heart of the Code.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• Jesus as King in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, where the children rule under Jupiter’s orb.
• Jesus as Commander in Prince Caspian where children rule with forest folk under Mar’s wooden shield.
• Jesus as Light in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader where they drink light and slay dragons under the Sun’s golden embrace.
• Jesus as Mirror showing God’s glory in The Silver Chair where they avoid lunacy and reflect truth under the mirroring Moon.
• Jesus as Word in The Horse and His Boy where they learn truth under the active word of Mercury.
• Jesus as Life in The Magician’s Nephew where they witness creation and learn to love under Venus, the Morning Star.
• Jesus as eternal Mystery in The Last Battle under Saturn’s awful and awe-full influence.
This perspective and more is also examined in the 'Discovering Aslan' series of devotional commentaries on The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis.