Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

88%
12%

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
on November 15, 2009
This book was all I hoped for and much more. I'll give you a little background about me and NASCAR. I was raised in a household that treated this sport more like a religion than just entertainment. When most people had the NFL football games on during Sunday afternoons we had the race on. Just about every male member of my family and most of the females are practically statisticians on the sport. I even have a baby picture of me on my grandpa's chest with the race on the TV in the background. Needless to say growing up in this environment I became a huge NASCAR fan and watch it religiously every weekend (Truck, Busch, and Cup).
But after reading an [...] article about Tim Richmond several months ago I realized I really didn't know that much detailed information about the roots of the sport I loved so much (keep in mind I'm 25). This lead me to a search for the most comprehensive book I could find on the subject which lead me here.
When I first opened the book and began browsing through it I was amazed at the ease of use it has. It's set up much like a High School History text-book (almost identical actually) which I find very efficient for me. If I want to learn about a certain period I can skip right to that section and learn everything I need to know without being lost from not having read the previous chapters.
All-in-all I give this book 5 stars it is simply the best if you want to learn about the great sport of NASCAR.

Enjoy,

Terry
on February 28, 2017
Per my nephew-- "I love it!" He is a Nascar freak!!! (anything to get him to read...)
on January 16, 2008
I have quite a few NASCAR history books and none of them come close to this. This is the most thorough, year by year, look at the sport I have come across. There is a decent section on the years leading up to the first official NASCAR races, as well, that shows why short track dirt races are still popular today. I purchased this for the full price and now that it's reduced by a few dollars it's a MUST HAVE!!!
It's beautifully bound with a soft black vinyl covering that will last for years. One final thing. The majority of photographs presented in this volume are not repeats of those found in other publications so if you already own a huge library of NASCAR publications this book will still be a very noteworthy addition.
on April 2, 2017
Lovely book, husband loved it.
on January 14, 2013
I'm not a big NASCAR fan myself, but my 65 year-old older brother is and has been for decades. So this boo& looked like a great gift for him, and it turned out to be even better when I received it, prior to mailing it to him.

At six pounds with a fine "leather" cover (real or fake, doesn't matter), the book contains what looks to be a complete history of NASCAR from its dirt track roots to today's corporate glitz. Scads of photos and no detail left out --- when my brother received it he said it's going to take him 'til he's 75 to finish it, but he's going to enjoy it all the way!

Our father raced on dirt tracks in our small western town in the '50s and the early parts of this book brought back warm memories of watching Dad race (except for all the times he crashed).
on August 30, 2010
This book gives a compact chronological overview of the Nascar history from 1947 to 2008 with colored tabs for the different decades. There are lots of pictures and interesting side notes for every year including championship results. There is also a highlight of an important driver or subject for every year.

If you are looking for a detailed history with lots of facts and interesting information then this leather bound four pounder is your book. Don't expect a thrilling background story about the early days of moonshiners dodging police on weekdays, and racing for fun in weekends. The book starts with only a few pages about the years before the inauguration of the official championship. From 1947 on it is presented as a year by year overview with six to eight pages per year and a few pages as introduction for every decade.

All in all a great book that should be on the bookshelf of everybody who enjoys Nascar not only on Sunday afternoons on the couch...
on December 30, 2016
I gave this book to my step-dad for Christmas, and he LOVED it. He is all things NASCAR, and he couldn't wait to read it. It is VERY heavy, and much larger than I expected. It is nicely bound. This picture doesn't do it justice.
on February 28, 2017
My husband loves the book, worth waiting for!
on October 25, 2015
Very interesting book with lots of pictures. Kids and adults alike enjoy this book while visiting my home. I bought used and condition was excellent. I may be a little partial, my father's car is almost in the middle of book. The beginning of the modern age of racing.
on April 22, 2017
I bought this book as a gift for my son who is a big Nascar fan. He really loves the book.