About the Author
You might like one of my books if:
- you like a good love story that makes you laugh and makes you cry.
- you like the main characters in your reading to be someone you wouldn't mind being and someone you wouldn't mind marrying.
- you like animals in your stories: dogs, cats, horses, cows.
- you like books for kindle, iPad and other ereaders.
- you like to keep the rating at PG-13.
I fell in love with reading as a little girl, devouring most of the books in my elementary school library. At some point, I decided I wanted to pursue a writing career, creating romance fiction that might provide the hours of entertainment and escape my favorite books have provided for me. I love character-driven books that leave me feeling as if I've really known these people and make me wish I didn't have to turn the last page.
Romance fiction has always appealed to me because it deals with so many of the relationships in a woman's life. Not only the love of her life, but often her relationship with her mother, sister or best friend. Romance authors have so much room to explore many of the meaningful moments and transitions in women's lives. And who doesn't love a good love story?
I most often write stories about love and life that are set in small Virginia towns like the one where I grew up. I like to think the flavor of my hometown shows up in my books both in their setting and through the characters who people it.
Outside of writing, I'm actively involved in dog rescue, working with to place dogs and cats in need of rehoming. Helping an abused or neglected dog go on to have a wonderful life with a family who loves them is more rewarding than I can possibly say!