Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on January 18, 2010
Absolutely love this vest! As a smaller framed woman (5'4") it fit my body type very well. The adjustable straps made it very comfortable for my last 50 mile ultra race. No rubbing or back aches! I used to run with a hip based double water bottle holder but not anymore. It was nice to have the water "weight" up on my back instead of my hips.

The vest has a nice sized back zipper pocket for holding larger items such as a flashlight/rain jacket/food. There are two smaller pockets in the front: one with a drawsting and one with a zipper. These two pockets comfortably fit five gel packets and a baggie of salt tabs. I would caution that you would need to wear a shirt with sleeves or the two smaller pockets might cause rubbing on your arms.

The "seal" on the bladder was great - no leaking. The bladder top has a clip that slips over the top part of the bladder so it is easy to fill with water/ice then seal it back up. I hardly noticed any "sloshing" but there is some.

I would definately recommend this soft, light weight vest for any woman who likes to hike, bike, or run for long distances.
on October 20, 2010
I bought my pack last year when I was training for my first half marathon. I started to get really sick around my 7th mile with bad runner's cramps and realized I needed some sort of hydration system. Although I have no experience with other packs, this one was simply perfect. Comfortable, the adjustable straps prevented the pack from moving around (which was one of my big concerns), and easy to carry on the back.

There is a top pocket in the back where I was able to place a Cliff bar, extra Gu Gels, my keys, debit card/credit card, my cell, and some cash. It also wasn't SO big I'd be tempted to try and stuff anything else in there. Since I trained by running through the woods near Santa Cruz, being able to carry these essentials always makes me feel safer in case I get injured and need to call for a taxi or help. A big step up from stuffing just my cell, keys, and a few twenties into my sports bra!

There also are two small and easily assessable pockets on the front straps. I placed my iPod Classic in one of them (retiring my wrist band to shorter runs) and 2 Gu Gels in the other.

One major CON - The pack itself is spectacular, but the bladder it comes with is horrible. It's poorly constructed, difficult to fill up, and it leaked over me during my first run. I actually didn't mind the unexpected cool down, but I really needed that water. Since I had taken the advice from an earlier commenter and bought a Camelbak 72 oz Omega HydroTanium Reservoir with my pack, I swapped it out. It fits perfectly. I don't know if a bigger bladder would fit, but the 72 Oz one works great. By the end of the race, I still had not finished all my water.

I would love to give this product 5 stars, but had to dock one for the poorly constructed bladder that had to be replaced and added another twenty dollars to the total. Even so, I still highly recommend this product!
on November 21, 2009
Great buy.
Having tried plenty of rehydration devices the Nathan is the best for me (the rest are now in storage). It's lightweight, non-bulky, plenty of pockets and storage space, non-shoulder chaffing, and fits my small frame a treat, great for the long runs and looks hardcore runner...(which I am not). The things I have noticed while getting used to running with the Nathan are: having something around ones chest can make for a quick heatup in hot weather so dress accordingly, the teet does have a plastic taste which diminishes the pleasure of your favourite rehydration drink (blargh). Female, bigger and better, runner friends, also love their Nathan (much better than the CB...). It's great having the rehydration system away from my dodgey runner's stomach, where having the weight of the bottles squash down on my abdomen, squeeze my diaphragm as I tighten up the belt once more to stop the bouncing...enough said.
on October 7, 2010
When I ordered this product, I had recently gotten into trail running and was looking for something that would allow me to go longer distances 12+ miles on the trail and that wouldn't move around on my back. During my runs, I would see several people with this backpack and decided to go for it! I LOVE IT! I don't know how they do it, but there is literally no movement of the pack when running. After a while, you forget that it is even there. It holds 2 liters, which is plenty for those longer runs. It has several pockets in the front to hold stuff, and a larger pocket on the pack that I usually put my iPhone and keys and other things in. Also, if I hike or run with my dog, I will sometimes put a small water bottle in the main part because there is plenty of room. It is a great pack, and I recommend it to everyone who wants to go on longer runs and doesn't want to hold water bottles or have them strapped around your waist.
on October 7, 2010
I dislike carrying drinks with me when I run, and I was getting sick of always running around the same paths that included water fountains. I have also left gatorade at particular spots during a run before only to find them covered in ants. After reading reviews online, I decided to order a hydration pack. I received my Nathan Intensity 2.0 Women's 2-Liter Hydration Race Vest very quickly. The first time I used it was for a 12 mile run, and I loved it! I filled it with water and ice, which helped to keep my water cool. Having never run with a hydration pack before, I had to make some adjustments during the first mile to keep it from sliding around too much. Once I figured out the perfect fit, I didn't mind it at all. It was wonderful to always have water available without having to plan my run around water stops. I didn't really notice sloshing. Having never run with a hydration pack before, I cannot say how it compares to other brands, but I can say that the fit was perfect for me. I highly recommend it.
on August 4, 2010
I LOVE this product. I have been wanting one of these for a while. I have used hand held bottles, a waist pack, and Camelbak, or combination for several years. This pack fits well, and does not chafe or bounce. The pack is a lightweight, and seems well made. I have wide shoulders, and womens products do not always fit me well, but this one does.

I would say that the retention clip for the tubing needs work. I had to rig a small velcro strap (the kind you use to wrap up computer cords), otherwise the tubing came out of the clip all the time. The bladder is different than the Camelbac style, in that it opens like a dry bag at the top, which makes for very easy cleaning. The bite valve has a lock, so that your water does not leak out in the car on the way to the trails.

I would definitely recommend this pack to other women runners.

The price through Amazon was also the lowest price I found.
on April 28, 2009
I wore this vest for the first time for a 34-mile ultramarathon (8 hours) in 90-degree heat. I found it to be much more comfortable than the Camelbak I've used previously, and the front pockets are very convenient for carrying gel packs and other small items.
PROS: Lightweight, comfortable, good fit, plenty of cargo space and fluid capacity.
CONS: Didn't like the Nathan reservoir (it sloshes and the tube fills with air after drinking). I substituted a 72-oz. Camelbak reservoir which worked well.
I would give it 5 stars except for the reservoir. It's a very well-designed pack and I will be using it quite often for warm weather running and in future ultra races.
on July 23, 2010
I run on trails and have always used hand-held bottles, but needed more liquids for longer runs, especially in the summer. I had resisted buying a backpack for a long time, but finally got tired of having to stash water. I tried a waist pack several times, but it felt very awkward, I had to cinch it really tight to keep it from riding up, and I ended up with a sore lower back. Finally, I ordered this vest. Last weekend I tried it out on a 4-hour run and it worked perfectly. The valve took a little getting used to and it was a litle bit sweaty, but nothing that bothered me in a significant way. I didn't have any shoulder soreness the next day. I will never use my waist pack again, and will definately use this vest for my longer runs from now on.
on February 16, 2010
I love the vest for hikes and shorter runs. It bothered me on long runs. My arms chaffed from rubbing back and forth on the mesh pockets. I definitely recommend it if you don't like holding bottles--it's light, not bouncy, and is great to have (and it looks cool!). BUT...I prefer to use the handheld bottle.
on October 23, 2010
This was sized for a child. I could barely get it over my arms and I am petite and 5'3". The strap went over my breasts vs my waist. The packets were just below my arm pits and chafed my skin. However, the pump worked very well and the pack is light. It did not impede my workout at all. I like the product so I am returning it for a man's vest. Hopefully the fit is better and the water pump works the same.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.