Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

VINE VOICEon December 8, 2007
A Nation of Sheep is a book that documents the abuses that are being perpetrated on the American public on a daily basis, and it contains a litany of instances where the current administration has broken the law by violating the Constitution. It is written in a very readable style, and is a relatively quick, but detailed, look at the various types of abuse.

I did find several problems with the book. First, I got the sheep and wolf analogy the first time and the second time, and every time thereafter. About the 5th time got annoying; by the 10th I wanted to quit reading the book. In addition, there is really no conclusion to the book. The author makes a few mild statements about what might potentially cure the problem, but doesn't really advocate any change, other than to tell us all to quit being sheep and start becoming wolves.

While actually a three star bok due to the problems, I will give the book 4 stars because I think it's a very important book for the public to read. After reading it, if you are not scared, you really haven't been paying attention.
on August 28, 2009
Many people are happy with the "status quo", going along with the day to day changes. This book challenges people to look into their daily lives and inspect his/her definition of liberty as of the present events.
This book is recommended for quiet introspection.
on February 15, 2014
A friend recommended this book and even though it was written around 1960, I was surprised at some of revelations.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2007
All three of Judge Napolitano's recent books on the subject of the loss of our civil rights and freedom have proven this author to be the most knowledgable of our Constitution and the workings of our present government. I found this book to be the best of the three and especially shocking. It would be hard to believe that the United States government has fallen to such tactics except for the work done by Judge Napolitano in finding and detailng the facts. The structure of the facts in this book is put together to not only build a "case" but to be a most "easy read". This book is a must read for all citizens of this country.
Martin Ullstrup, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
on February 1, 2011
I highly respect and trust the informative views of Judge Napolitano. He has a unique perspective on how our nation is run and the typical responses of its citizens. It would do us well to re-evaluate our reflexive responses and think forward to the resulting consequences. Perhaps thinking instead of reacting will save our nation from socialism. I recommend as required reading, "A Nation of Sheep."
on May 11, 2008
Judge Napolitano hits another eye-opening winner for anyone who wants to continually fine-tune their insight into the U.S. Constitution and our history. Just as he did in his book The Constitution in Exile: How the Federal Government Has Seized Power by Rewriting the Supreme Law of the Land he minces no words when it comes to the abuses we face today. This is a really strong read and when you combine it with the new book The Revolution: A Manifesto you'll have a really strong foundation for discussing the challenges our liberty and freedom face today.

If he were only allowed to speak so plainly on Rupert Murdoch's FOX network I may still be a viewer. Since he's not I am glad he's brought out another refreshing look at why we the people need to constantly be alert for further government control and a growing sheep population. Visit the social community of LibertysHaven.com and share your thoughts with other liberty-minded people about this and other political areas.
on December 8, 2009
Although this was written many years ago, it still applies today in a political environment!
on December 3, 2012
Nobody cuts through the crap like Judge Andrew Napolitano. If his books were required reading for all HS students, there would never be another graduate who does not understand his or her place in our society. As a political writer and blogger, I learned much about the liberties we are sacrificing to our government.
on January 8, 2008
Mr.Napolitano has written an easy to understand book. He explains where our "rights" originated, how today's war on terror has affected those rights. You will soon see how we are indeed "A Nation of Sheep"! When you are finished with this book I can guarantee you will want to read his other books...as I plan to do.
on February 5, 2008
Written with the style and insight of a deep thinker with insight from his many years within the beltway and associations with the courts. He has provided insightful narrative on the state of the people who have become "a nation of sheep" although I would have wanted to here more of his remedy for taking back the nation the first job is to awaken the sheep which he has done in this book.