Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 5, 2016
This is a great guide for anyone new to wildflowers. The pictures make it easy to identify the flowers you spot in the wild. ... I also love the Petersen's Guide--which, for instance, is better about teaching you the different parts of a flower and the different kinds of leaves, and also has more evocative descriptions. It also includes many more species. But Petersen's is better once you get a little more advanced, because it's a bit harder to identify the flowers you find using that one.
on April 1, 2016
Husband is a cellular biologist/biotechnologist and LOVES the National Audubon Society field guides. He is slowly building his field guide collection and was thrilled to add this one to it. He's taken it on a few hikes and found it useful. My 10 year old nature-loving son has read many pages in it and found it interesting and was able to identify a few flowers in our neighborhood. These are wonderful books and I highly recommend them.
on April 20, 2007
I bought this book to help me identify the flowers I encountered both in my backyard and in a local state park. Happily, I can report that I was able to identify almost all of them that I came across (one Violet variant, the Confederate Violet, was not mentioned anywhere I could see in the book, but a North Carolina State wildflower website helped me identify it). The color photographs are top notch, many showing both a closeup of the flower, and the plant as a whole. Detailed information on each plant is also available, including the common flowering periods, a location range, dimensions of the flower as well as the entire plant, and much more. If you purchase this book, be sure to read this detailed information when identifying a flower; a number of variants are mentioned in the text that are not shown in the photographs. Overall, I am greatly pleased with this book (though it was the only one I could find that covered plants in the south-eastern part of the United States). Highly recommended!
on October 25, 2017
Can't go wrong with a "National Audubon Society" Guide of any kind, and this one is no exception. Easy to understand and the pictures are fantastic. Makes identifying wildflowers easy.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
All the Audubon books I have are very high quality have great pictures and are easy to use. I use it mostly to identify wild flowers I have taken pictures of its not easy but you can do it might be easier int he field where you know the size some flowers look the same except for size.
on June 20, 2017
This is a great field guide that makes identifying wildflowers super easy. The pictures are very clear and the identification system are simple to follow. Has a lot of information for each plant. Thick little book, plastic cover, sturdy binding. Great overall.
on December 18, 2017
Excellent reference book....My wife likes it, fun on spring & summer hikes, but it takes up some room in the pack. Cool though.
on June 6, 2006
There are excellent photos in this book, grouped by color and then by flower complexity. Each picture in the photos section then has a reference to a printed page where detailed information about the plant/flower is presented. It is easy to use and great for an "amateur". My only complaint with the book is that there simply isn't quite enough of it... but, overall it is far and away the best wildflower book I've seen and I have about a dozen different books I use to try to identify wildflowers.
on September 11, 2016
I have used this book for about a year and have found it the best I have found to identify wild flowers deep in the woods and in my fields. Pictures are excellent as are the descriptions. Strongly recommended.
on May 23, 2016
Great starter guide, easy to use as plants sorted by color. I assumed it was fairly comprehensive and wanted to use it to ID wildflowers in my yard. Several have not been in this guide and I will need to hunt down a more comprehensive guide.