NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Break Open 10 Premium Geodes – Includes Goggles, Detailed Learning Guide & 2 Display Stands - Great STEM Science Gift for Mineralogy & Geology Enthusiasts of Any Age
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DISCOVER CRYSTAL TREASURE - Break open these rocks to reveal amazing crystals inside! Geology doesn’t get more exciting than breaking open rocks and finding crystal treasures. A great STEM activity that also makes an excellent gift for girls and boys!
- COLORFUL VARIETY – Geodes can form with a wide variety of crystals inside. These geodes have been hand-selected to bring you the best variety available.
- 100% NATURAL GEODES – These real specimens may be as big as a tennis ball, or as small as a ping-pong ball. Kids will love the thrill of cracking them open to see the natural beauty inside. This STEM activity emphasizes fun and discovery!
- 16 PAGE FULL-COLOR LEARNING GUIDE – You’ll learn all about the fascinating science behind how geodes are formed in the detailed, full-color learning guide. National Geographic educational toys make science and learning fun, and are the perfect STEM gifts for boys and girls!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – The National Geographic STEM series provides kids high-quality educational toys that are a whole lot of fun! If your experience is anything less than extraordinary, let us know so we can make it right for you.
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Discover crystal treasure!
Geology doesn’t get more exciting than breaking open rocks and finding crystal treasures! Geodes can form with a variety of crystals inside and National Geographic strives to bring you the best variety available.
This earth science kit provides a hands-on science experiment that you and your children are guaranteed to love.
This science kit includes:
- 10 high-quality crystal filled geodes
- 1 set safety goggles
- 3 display stands
- 1 Full-color learning guide
This is a perfect activity for energetic boys and girls! The included display stands are perfect for showcasing the crystals you find and starting a rock collection, while the learning guide will teach you many amazing facts about geodes!
National Geographic Toys makes the highest quality hands-on science toys, and all products are backed by exceptional service.
About the National Geographic Society: With a mission to inspire people to care about the planet, the National Geographic Society is one of the world’s largest nonprofit scientific and educational organizations. National Geographic’s net proceeds support vital exploration, conservation, research, and education programs.
choking hazard - small parts - not suitable for children under 3 years
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Wendy E. Stallings on February 4, 2017
I have sampled a few other geode-breaking brands and a lot of them were very hard to crack. Usually ones that are harder to crack are mostly rock and less cavelike crystal space. Only one of the rocks in this lot was hard to break, and that was because it was completely solid crystal. I'm not too upset about it because that's just the nature of geodes- sometimes you get a rock. 9/10 geodes is good enough for me.
Now, a problem is that even though there were many decent sized geodes, there were two that were pretty small. One was extremely small and seemed to have been under 1.5 inches in diameter.
Another thing is that about 6 of them were the same type of rock and looked exactly the same inside. I wasn't expecting a hand-picked assortment, but when over half of them are the same rock despite the varieties that exist, it seems a bit odd. Maybe I just got a bad lot.
But even still, the quality and overall easy-opening of these geodes compared to the other brands I've bought will keep me coming back for more every time I decide to start a new craft project.
By Brenda Wilhelm on April 16, 2017
By R. Miller on September 2, 2016
Top reviews from other countries
For starters they don’t come a part like the video advertises.
Daddy ended up taking a sledgehammer to one and it didn’t even help. With the exception of maybe 2 they actually seem to lumps of rubble.
Even IF you get them to break these are clearly poorly man made substitutes. Lumps of concrete with particles mixed in.
Definitely wouldn’t recommend buying this product which claimed to “100% satisfaction guaranteed” but is nothing but a pile of pot luck boulders, a leaflet, eye goggles and stands. The stands of course a pointless addition as we have nothing to display.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 15, 2020
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 23, 2020