- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.8 x 8.4 inches ; 1.46 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: 1426216513
- Average Customer Review: 202 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,617 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
National Geographic Guide to The National Parks The USA 8th Edition
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Soft cover. 496 pages. Covers 59 national parks.
- 300 photographs. 80 colorful maps. Park descriptions & brief history.
- Travel planning tips. Itineraries. Directions.
- Activities. Camping information. Weighs 1.5 lbs..
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Prepare for your next big outdoor adventure with the eight edition of National Geographicƒ_Ts Guide To The National Parks Of The USA. This 496 page guide includes 80 colorful maps and directions to help you make your way through the parks, and includes information on various activities, camping information, and travel tips. Aÿ
Color: One Color | Size: One Size
202 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 202 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here's how we utilized it: As I drove to the next park along our route, my wife would read aloud that parks entry from the book. Each entry includes interesting details about the park's history, the most popular features/sites, and the best way to visit the park. The entry also includes a fairly detailed map of the park. As my wife read, she would make marks on the map, highlighting the places we would visit. Once we arrived at the park we had all of our stops planned out and ready to go!
Why not just use the internet? In many of the parks and surrounding areas there was little to no cell coverage. Parts of Montana, Wyoming, and various other states just aren't covered. This book serves as a great fill-in. Obviously, it isn't as comprehensive as the web, but it provided us with all the information we needed to have enjoyable visits and all 9 parks we toured.