National Geographic Magazine Kindle Edition
All subscriptions include a free trial period, 30 days for magazines and 14 days for newspapers. You can cancel your subscription at any time during your trial and you will not be charged.
Cancel at anytime with Amazon’s Kindle Kindle Newsstand Subscription Manager, where you can also change the delivery device for future issues, download past issues, and more.
This publication is not available for some devices. The publisher may have opted out of making it available on certain devices, or the reading experience may not yet be optimized for this publication on those devices.
- This subscription comes with a risk-free 30-day FREE period after which the subscription starts. Learn more about subscriptions.
- This subscription will automatically renew until you decide to cancel at any time. We’ll renew on your behalf at the lowest price available on Amazon at the time of renewal. Learn more about auto-renewal.
Kindle Fire Interactive Edition
Kindle Fire customers can now download the interactive edition of this magazine.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle magazines on your smartphone or tablet - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Privacy & Security
We will share your name and address with publisher, but we will not share your email address without your permission.
- This subscription will automatically renew until you decide to cancel.
- Before your subscription expires Amazon will notify you via e-mail of the rate at which you will renew. You may change your credit card, address information or cancel your subscription before the order is placed.
- Amazon will renew on your behalf at the lowest renewal rate then available to Amazon.com customers at the time of renewal.
Learn more about auto-renewal subscriptions on Amazon.com
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Before I continue, I want say I have been very happy with the service of Amazon for a long time until I have issues with my national geographic subscription. Amazon's policy makes me mad. the magazine looks so great with the kindle fire especially the 8.9 but Amazon makes me want to yell at them.
First of all, there are limited number of issues which can be stored in the cloud. only the most recent 7 issues can be stored. before I had time to read the issues before the last 7 they are deleted from the cloud without noticing me. I didn't get a chance to explore the possibility of downloading the old issues on my kindle or other device before they are deleted from cloud.
Second, after I realized what happened I decided to cancel the subscription. This time I downloaded all the issues in the cloud to my kindle(7 of them). I know they will delete the content from the cloud after it is cancelled. I got to access these seven issues from my kindle right after I cancelled subscription.I thought at least I got some damage control. today I turned on my kindle again and they disappeared. after 20 minutes on the phone I was told that it is Amazon' s policy to delete all issues from the KINDLE after the subscription is cancelled. Really?! I never heard anything more ridiculous than this? Basically I paid $1.99 a month for more than a year and at the end I didn't even get to read most of the magazine I subscribed? $@&=&:+#$(():
Stay away from Amazon e-magazine unless you want to be ripped off.
1) There are a limited number (7) of back issues issues that can be kept in the cloud. You can keep more on the Kindle Fire itself, however all the Fires including the new ones do not have expandable storage. Color magazines like these are not tiny files and if you have some music plus books plus back issues of a couple of magazines (like I do) then onboard storage starts to diminish pretty rapidly.
2) And this is even more important. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION YOU WILL LOSE ACCESS TO ANY BACK COPIES STORED IN THE CLOUD. YES YOU LOSE WHAT YOU HAVE PAID FOR. Now again you can elect to "keep" the back copies on the KF but they eat up onboard storage and if you have several subscriptions you will have problems.
It is much better to use the Z i n i o app and buy publications through them. In this case they are always held in the cloud. The company also has a much wider range of offerings than Amazon and is often cheaper
I bought a regular sent-to-my-mailbox subscription instead.
Why not five stars? The electronic version is more expensive than the print (something common to all magazines) and I'm no longer a member of the NGS, just a subscriber to their electronic edition. I have to assume I will no longer receive the maps, but for me that's not a big loss. To others it might be.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought the Trial but when I tried to b designate my new Fire 10HD as the device for reading it, it was shaded out - only my regular Android Tablets were available to choose from. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Kindle Customer
I'm a subscriber to the magazine through the magazine. There is no app for kindle as the magazine claims to receive your digital issue. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Timbre Wolf
Bought the $5.00 yearly subscription ON MY KINDLE FIRE HDX, only to find that there is no Nat Geo app available to actually read the magazine, I'm stuck using the Silk browser to... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Dr. Strangelove
Ever since they switched to the ne Kindle App (without notifying existing Kindle subscribers who were stuck with an old digital issues for month because old app simply stopped... Read morePublished 13 months ago by AR
Like others my objection is not to the magazine but to the policies used with it. At one time I had all my back issues - over 2 years worth - on my Kindle 8.9. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Robert Coleman
...the magazine is top notch, but the app for my Kindle Fire HDX went from a "no frills" OK and perfectly usable app, to very bad headache (which I got to try for all of... Read morePublished 17 months ago by Tim Barter Sr.
This new app is absolutely dreadful. For one, it's very, very bulky in size--over 300 mbs. For someone with an 8gb KF, that's a significant chunk of space. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Mike
Both Amazon's subscription policy & the app itself are inferior to other alternatives. Many reviews discuss the difficulty & expense involved in purchasing the magazine through... Read morePublished 19 months ago by P. Fontaine
We bought this for someone else. We've been getting NG for many years. I will predict the one receiving this as a gift will give NG ten stars.Published 19 months ago by Stuart D. Robertson