Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
National Geographic's Guide to the State Parks of the United States Paperback – June, 1997
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top Customer Reviews
The book is attractively designed, well illustrated and printed on glossy paper, as you'd expect from the National Geographic Society. But if you were looking for a comprehensive guide to all the state parks, you're going to be sorely disappointed. What you get for your money is a small, slickly produced guide to the most popular 5% or so--the same parks everybody else is heading for. The other 95% are left out...you'll have to look elsewhere to discover them.
The usual excellent National Geographic photography attends a fine, readable text. Maps show you where to go and how to get there. I really believe that anyone planning a motor trip should consult this book before drawing up an itinerary. Otherwise, you run the risk of missing much that is great in our country.
A definite must for the traveler. I recommend it very highly.