National Lampoon's Animal House
Double Secret Probation Edition
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
One of the most popular movie comedies of all time is also the film that made John Belushi a star. This raunchy, screwball comedy directed with madcap zest by John Landis offers a relentless spoof of 1960s college life by following the hilarious adventures of the Delta fraternity. In addition to Belushi as Bluto Blutarsky, the outstanding cast includes Tim Matheson, Tom Hulce, Stephen "Flounder" Furst, Karen Allen, Donald Sutherland, Peter Riegert, and Kevin Bacon, along with Otis Day and the Knights with their show-stopping performance of "Shout".
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
That was a major mistake, since the 30th Anniversary Special Edition features:
1) NO, and I repeat NO forced ads or even previews for other movies at the beginning. It only features a quick 15-20 second Universal Studios splash, then straight to the menu screen.
2) A second DVD featuring a nice little documentary about the making of the movie, featuring all the main cast members, save (of course) the late and very great John Belushi (gone, but not forgotten) explaining nearly any aspect about what led up to the production, filming, and even how the actors in the Delta House and the Omegas actually WERE separated to inculcate some real rivalry that would translate well to the screen. You also get the theatrical trailer and a fun little Scene It (R) quiz about the movie.
3) The movie itself in glorious full 16x9 widescreen format, with excellent image quality and sound.
4) The first DVD also features an amusing little mockumentary about "Where are they now?" featuring most of the actors, including John "Dean Wormer" Vernon (RIP now, sadly) playing along to what had happened 30 years after the Deltas destroyed the parade.
5) Even the case is slightly better than most DVD cases, featuring the two small latches that prevent it from accidentally popping open.
About the movie itself, I need not comment for anyone who has already seen this, one of the funniest movies ever made.
For the rest of you, I suggest you not rent, but instead BUY, and buy this edition of the DVD.
Trust me, every so often, you will want to watch it over, by yourself or with friends.
As Belushi says after destroying the guitar from "Charming Guy with Guitar," if you don't, you'll be "sorry!"
Film seems less "wild" than it was 30 years ago. But it is an interesting study in how the underdogs, the flunkies, the cast-offs turn out to be the winners in the end (some of the so-called campus leaders in Omega who pal with the Dean end up either getting tarred working for the Nixon administration or fragged in Vietnam).
Most recent customer reviews
And I am also the fans to this Movie too.Read more
"Forget it, he's rolling."