Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: National Lampoon's European Vacation [Blu-ray]
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on March 5, 2003
I'm flabbergasted that they put the dumbed-down tv version of this movie on dvd and not the theatrical version. They took scenes out, changed scenes and dubbed dialog to create this mess of a dvd. Not only that, but the movie looks funny. The aspect ratio they used makes the movie look weird. I was eagerly waiting for this funny, well-done movie to be released on dvd and I am bitterly disappointed at this made-for-tv garbage. This tv version will only appeal to an unsophisticated mass audience.
Attention Warner Home Video: If you are reading this, you need to issue a press release in which you apologize for this garbage and then announce that you will release an uncut version of the movie on dvd.
on September 19, 2003
This is NOT the original version!!! I'm very disappointed that Amazon.com didn't disclose this information. Scenes are missing and parts are dubbed over. Funny parts are still funny but it's just not the same. I feel duped.
1111 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2003
I was very disappointed when I purchased the dvd from Amazon.com only to find that parts of the movie are cut and some
of the language has been either eliminated or dubbed.
I expect to purchase a movie in its entirety. I feel
I was cheated. I absolutely loved this movie and
I don't feel we should purchase movies that
have been edited from its original content.
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2010
I of course love the first two "Vacation" movies and I always will. So I was excited to see this come out on Blu-Ray. Sadly, this is yet another "cas grab" Blu-Ray that is nothing more than an upconverted DVD in disguise - grainy picture, mediocre sound. You're better off saving a few dollars and getting the DVD instead, as you'll get the exact same home theater experience.
on March 7, 2013
The first time that I watched this movie I was no more than ten and it cracked me up. As I grew I found it more and more comedic every time that I watched. The Griswold's are back and this time they're taking on Europe. The antics that the family gets in are comical for both Americans and Europeans. As any Vacation movie the best part is the family; Clark and Ellen's relationship are constantly tested throughout the movie while their children Rusty and Audrey are up to their usual antics of goofing off. European Vacation has the best daughter/son combination in my opinion. Rusty is the American boy just trying to get anywhere with any European girl while Audrey is mourning over the separation between her and her boyfriend Jack. The whole family is spectacular and for any National Lampoon fan this movie is one of, if not, the greatest in the series.
on July 21, 2015
If you have not seen the vacation movies you do not know what you're missing. Most of the time sequels are not as good as the original movie. You will not find that problem with European Vacation. As always Chevy Chase is extremely funny and will have you crying with laughter. If you have not seen the movie buy it immediately so that you can watch it as soon as possible. These movies have not aged at all and are still relevant and funny today.
on December 27, 2012
When our beloved family wins a trip to Europe can it be anything but comical? Now this one is not as good as others in this series, but, I like them all. I would recommend anyone who owns the first to own them all.
on December 3, 2014
Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo star in this 1985 comedy sequel.
The Griswold family has another disastrous trip after winning on a
game show. This is my favorite in the series and Chevy is great
as usual. This Blu-ray has nice picture and sound, but only
features the trailer & commentary. I recommend this.
on January 19, 2013
This is the least favorite of the Nat'l Lampoons series for me. maybe it's because of the kids in this one don't seem to fit the role to me. But when we talk about London and when we went..."Look kids, it's Big Ben"
on October 2, 2015
I saw the video earlier this evening, and the movie did provide some laughs: the opening credits with the passport stamping jokes, the sinking bed, Mrs. Griswold talking dirty in the bathtub to a man she had assumed was her husband, the Griswolds mistakenly going to house number 16 instead of 6 in Germany. But overall the pacing was erratic, the jokes hit and miss, the characters irritating. Worst of all was the fact that the daughter was too young for the role she was playing. (Whether this was intentional or accidental is uncertain.) Overall, the movie depends on hackneyed stereotypes: extremely stupid American tourists, unflappable Brits, nasty anti-American French, violent Germans, and slimy Italians. We don't even really see Europe, and some scenes are too contrived. Getting into the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower so easily? If you want to take a vacation, this is not the place to go.