National Presto 05461 Stainless Steel Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer,Silver
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Oblong-shaped basket is ideal for frying large pieces of chicken or fish
- Select from a variety of frying temperatures with the adjustable thermostat
- Signal light indicates when the oil is ready for frying
- Both the heating element and enameled pot are removable for easy cleaning
- Cover with filter serves as a splatter shield when lowering foods into hot oil
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
National Presto 05461 Stainless Steel Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
- 1800-watt immersion element provides quick preheating and fast oil temperature recovery.
- Big 8-cup food capacity for frying family-sized batches in a hurry.
- Select from a variety of frying temperatures with the adjustable thermostat.
- Signal light indicates when the oil is ready for frying.
- Cover with filter serves as a spatter shield when lowering food into hot oil.
- Both the heating element and enameled pot are removable for easy cleaning.
Oblong-shaped basket is ideal for large pieces of chicken or fish.
Steams and boils too! Versatile basket is great for steaming vegetables and seafood.
Heating element and enameled pot remove for easy cleaning.
Compare with similar items
Oster Professional Style Stainless Steel Deep Fryer
T-fal Deep Fryer with Basket, Stainless Steel, Easy to Clean Deep Fryer, Oil Filtration, 2.6-Pound, Silver, Model FR8000
Elite Gourmet 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer with Timer and Temperature Knobs, 4.2L/17-Cup
Secura Electric Deep Fryer 1800W-Watt Large 4.0L/4.2Qt Professional Grade Stainless Steel with Triple Basket and Timer
Secura 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer with Timer Free Extra Odor Filter, 4L/17-Cup
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||Silver||Stainless Steel||Professional Grade||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||9.83 x 20.00 x 10.25 inches||16.40 x 8.89 x 10.10 inches||18.30 x 13.70 x 14.80 inches||15.75 x 9.25 x 15.35 inches||15.48 x 15.29 x 11.43 inches||15.50 x 14.50 x 9.50 inches|
|Item Weight||7.00 lbs||7.70 lbs||12.40 lbs||—||—||11.65 lbs|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Professional-style deep fryer is a convenient at home size. 1800-watt immersion element provides quick preheating and fast oil temperature recovery. Big 8-cup food capacity for frying family-size batches. Steams and boils too. Versatile fry/steam basket is great for vegetables and seafood. 120 volt 60 Hz only.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I just now updated my review by taking away one star. I just got done with an email exchange with Presto. Absolutely miserable customer service. You better hope you don't have any problems with a fryer they made because they just blew me off.
I think the magnetic attachment for the cord in the back of the unit is maybe unnecessary, considering how short the cord is anyway; and I have found that, true to the intent of the design, the cord is easily pulled out of the socket in the back of the fryer.
The temperature control works well and is easy to read. Temps remain relatively stable during cooking. The basket has foldable handles, which might be handy for storage after draining the oil out. I just leave the whole thing set up and ready to go on the counter.
There's an air gap between thee cooking tank and the outside walls which allows the outside surface to remain relatively cool to the touch.
I've had no problems with the Pro Fry after several months of use and am happy I acquired this one.
When it cools (and it takes a while), pour it slowly back into your storage container, leaving the sludge layer out. I filtered it through cheesecloth the first time, but I noticed that by the time the oil cools, the particles have settled, and not much was filtered out, so I stopped filtering it. Instead, I just pour it slowly and leave the particle sludge behind. The oil darkens with every use, but sources say that oil gets better with use before it starts to break down. Of course, I don't use it for donuts after frying fish and onion rings, but having a different store of oil for different things isn't too bad.
- Much easier to clean with removable container and element
- More efficient rectangular shape / better fit for food
- Heats up much faster
- Good capacity
- Gives great results
- It's a bit flimsy and cheap construction (no surprise considering the price)
- The outside edge of the removable enamel pot will readily cut your hands when you handle it for cleaning
- If you fill the oil to max level, you cannot hang the basket from the bracket to drain as the bottom sits below the oil surface. If you don't fill it to max, you have very little oil to immerse the food in.
- The lid doesn't fit well around the elements which prevents the lid from fitting securely
- The plastic lid vents become misshapen from the heat where the lid touches the elements
I highly recommend this fryer! I made a batch of country-style buttermilk fried chicken last night!
It was a hit! I shared it with my neighbors, even!