National Security (Jericho Quinn Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There aren't many writers that are capable of that. Marcus Wynne is one, Lee Child and John Sandford are some others and now Mr Cameron joins the list.
What's even scarier is this is his first book...if he gets better (and most writers do as they gain experience) then I am going to be plagued with more sleepless nights.
If you enjoy Vince Flynn and Brad Thor etc you will love the character in this book. "Jericho Quinn" is refreshingly different than the heroes in the others in many ways and his big Cajun sidekick is a welcome addition also.
So, get yourself a copy...only don't start it until you have a solid block of time to finish it.
I loved, loved, loved this book. It caught my attention from page 1 and held me captive until the end. The story is tight and smooth-flowing. The characters are complex and jump off the page. The action is fast-paced. I had to force myself not to peek ahead to see what happens, a failing of mine when I'm enthralled with a book. I judge how good a book is by how badly my need to peek is and this one was off the charts. However, I did resist. For the most part. *sheepish grin*
If you like stories that have a race-against-time theme and have a good deal of excellent general info on how our military operates (I do since my husband and son were both Marines) then I highly recommend this book. Heck, I highly recommend it anyway. Read it now or drop and give me 20!
The story involves terrorists who agree to be live biological time-bombs and enter the US to kill as many Americans as they can before they themselves die of the horrible disease they are carrying.
The good guy, Jericho Quinn, nickname 'The Hammer' (you can guess why, can't you?!) answers only to the Director of National Intelligence & the U.S. President. His job is find the terrorists and stop them before millions of Americans are exposed to this hideous weapon.
There is a considerable amount of blood and gore but only enough to make the story believable. Too little Of it and the story doesn't seem real. Of course, Quinn finds true love in the story but the book ends with an opening large enough to drive a truck through so you can be pretty sure that there will be a sequel to the original story line.
This is very well-written with dialogue which you can easily imagine taking place with complex characters battling their own demons, etc.
For pure escapism and a wonderfully relaxing way to spend an evening or a weekend, you can't go wrong with National Security by Marc Cameron.
If I have an criticism at all, it's the cliff hanger ending in the epilogue but that only means the sequel is already in the works and I've actually put it on pre-order with Amazon, something I seldom do. If you like action, suspense, realistic plot lines that are well researched, you will love this book.
A Saudi sheik has developed a biological weapon that he intends to unleash on American soil. Quinn has to stop him.
The series has promise but the author is not quite as accomplished as the masters of this genre - Silva and Flynn. Hoping he improves his craft, his storytelling is first rate.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nicely written, charachters are well developed. Story line is very relevant at this time in our history.Published 2 days ago by Brian Moyer
A gripping Jerico Quinn adventure. Mr. Cameron scores a true hit in this throat-clutching story. If you like true action, likable heroes and motorcycles, you'll love this one! Read morePublished 9 days ago by kittyb1
Awesome book! Kept my interest the whole time, I couldn't wait to read it and purchased the next in the series right away!Published 9 days ago by kbal781315
Non stop action, couldn't put it down! Looking forward to the entire series. Jericho seems to have an edge that will rival any character of his nature!Published 19 days ago by Donald Finck
I was hopeful to discover a new series to follow since I have exhausted all of my favorite authors. This one would not be it. Read morePublished 20 days ago by LilyKate
Enjoyed the hero Quinn. Although he is not quite Mitchell Rapp, he is close.Published 21 days ago by Beth W. Brewster
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Terrorism
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Political
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Terrorism