Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on January 24, 2014
The variety and quality of the products packaged with komplete 9 are top of the line. This may be one of the best deals available for budding computer musicians, composers, and songwriters in the market. Pair these instruments with a DAW of your choice, and watch your productions take on new heights in richness. Komplete contains an array of stylistic, textural, and performance based products that go beyond just introducing minimal instrument sets. I was looking for instruments and sounds that I could use towards creating both electronic and acoustic music, and this package has it covered.
-Negatives-
Only negative against this collection is that the installation location of the patches and presets for many of the instruments are not configurable. The library is but, plan on the rest of the patches taking up a good 8gig on your primary drive. These are not movable either, and present update issues with the update installer if moved.
-Conclusion-
If you have the space to spare, and the determination to learn some of the best virtual instruments available then Komplete 9 is a great deal.
on March 8, 2014
Great bang for the buck. The pianos are just fine. Strings provide lots of options for articulation, etc. One thing, the program is HUGE. I initially installed it on my stock laptop hard drive... but very soon realized I was in trouble... not because I didn't have enough space, but because the read/write speed of my drive had trouble keeping up sometimes during performance. I upgraded to a solid-state drive and haven't looked back!! For this suite of programs, a good filesystem is way more important than a fast processor. I may write more when I've had more time to play with it. It'll take years (literally) to use all the features of this works-class instrument!
on February 7, 2014
I was on the fence about Komplete for years and years, across multiple versions. I finally bit the bullet and picked up 9. Now I wish I'd done it sooner, and picked up Ultimate while I was at it!

Each of the individual components have their uses (though Absynth, which I was most interested in, has been replaced in my toolbox by Camel Audio Alchemy -- seriously, check it out, it's amazing), and some of the included samples are nutty. The Giant piano sample pack for Kontakt, in particular, is stupid good, albeit one that should only be used where it's appropriate. There's so much good content here, and buying each synth or effect individually would cost you some ridiculous amount more, so just stop reading this junk and buy it. NI's stuff just sounds good, and working with it instead of whatever default stuff your DAW may provide (like, Logic has a huge content library) means you're not locked into your DAW.
on August 19, 2014
I started with Komplete 5 and have upgraded through 6.7.8. and 9. so there are obviously things that I like about the product. What attracted me in the first place was the quality of their samples of acoustic instruments; the package originally included excellent stand-alone modules for piano, organ, and drums. But it seems that over time NI decided their focus should be on electronic music. Their synths and sound-design tools have constantly expanded while the piano and organ modules have been folded into the Kontakt sample player and the drum unit has had its electronic kits and features expanded while the acoustic kits remain unchanged. If you're into EDM or techno this is probably a good choice; if you want state-of-the-art acoustic sounds, you might do better elsewhere.
on May 21, 2013
I dislike how Native Instruments comes out with upgrades all the time. That being said...Monark alone is worth the upgrade. Haven't gotten to mess around with Battery 4 extensively, but so far I prefer it over Battery 3. The Giant is an interesting VSTi...something like a weird brother to a grand piano. The new strings aren't bad. They're on par with what I already have sound-wise on strings, but what I have is only mid-level. Haven't used any of the Solid Mix Series, so can't really say much about it.

Would've given it 5 stars if NI would come out with more significant releases. More stuff or more important additions
on June 9, 2015
This is an awesome product. I can't believe I almost never tried Native Instruments products. I've since upgraded it to Ultimate and just yesterday upgraded that to Ultimate 10 because it's on sale! And what's great is that Amazon mirrors the sale price! So not only do I get it quick but I can use my Amazon gift cards to buy it, which I did!
on January 6, 2015
Pretty happy so far. If you came across the advice that one does not need plugins for logic; it is wrong.

This quickly gets a person with relatively little sound experience, like me, quickly to new sounds..
on August 4, 2014
To my knowledge, this is the best virtual instrument package available at this price. Limitless possibilities and the spectrum of instruments and sounds available is immense.
on May 15, 2013
Essential collection of plugins for producers. The Monark synth is new to Komplete 9 and is an excellent reproduction of the Mini Moog. That synth alone is worth the upgrade price but I'm also liking the solid mix effects included in v9.
on November 17, 2014
Sooo many sounds lol the installation was the LONGEST part lol but it's well worth the wait tho lol love this as well!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.