Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on October 2, 2011
I am mystified by the reviewer that seemed to think there was some sort of false advertising involved with this product or that the installation process was excessively painful. The software is installed using 12 DVDs and it does take some time to do that. I don't see that as a huge problem because you are getting a LOT of content and you only install one time typically. I didn't sit around staring at my computer while the installations were going on. I took that time to just play my instruments! It is not like you are getting asked a lot of questions during the installations. Pop a disk in and wait till it gets done with that and asks for the next one. I like that I can install samples on a different drive than the programs. My system has three drives for maximum performance. Some of the libraries are large and you are going to want to be careful to not overwhelm your system if you bunch everything together. Use more than one drive!

I am also surprised by the remarks about MKII not being available and deceptive advertisting about it. They clearly tell you that you get a link to download it AFTER you register the product. I registered and received via email my discount coupon and a download link to get MKII in under 24 hours. If your ISP does not let you download large files I would suggest seeking out a different ISP. That just is a silly reason to criticize the company. I WILL say that the Windows installation process for MKII has a slight issue in that there are two files to download. The larger one is a DVD image that you can burn to disk and install off of. The smaller file is an executable that allows you to load the larger downloaded file without burning to DVD. The problem is that the file does not have an .exe extension so Windows does not know it is an executable. If you rename the file to add the .exe extension you don't have to burn a DVD. I DID burn a DVD just because it was a convenient backup medium and it installed fine off it. So much for that complaint.

The software you get is absolutely a great value. Just Kontakt, Guitar Rig 5 Pro, and Absynthe alone would be great. You get way more than that though. You get some really nice sample libraries that will have you spending a LOT of time in the studio checking out. Warn your loved ones in advance that you may disappear for a few days. I would have liked stronger guitar libraries but with Kontakt I can buy what I need and plug it in which is the beauty of having a full version of that program, The Scarbee electric keyboards are pretty nice. The New York Grand is a decent piano to fill in tracks with. There are some very nice cello and violin libraries with many voices you can select from.

I am very happy with this purchase and think that this software base will serve me well going forward. It seems to integrate well with my Sonar X1c 64 bit setup.
on June 13, 2013
Ok, actually if you can afford it, get Ultimate, because the compressors that come in Ultimate are awesome, apparently.

But yeah, the biggest problem you will have with Komplete is finding time to go through all of the amazing plug-ins and presets. The Reaktor ensembles and instruments alone are absolutely stunning. The Kontakt instruments are fantastic too, I wrote a beautiful orchestral piece of music for one of my class projects at music school and it sounded absolutely fantastic. I won't go on and on about the features because there's plenty of places on the internet where you can see what's included. Suffice it to say, it's a fantastic product, really good for serious musicians, and you don't need to spring the extra $$$ for Ultimate if you just buy a really good separate compressor plug-in like The Glue. The only bummer is that I got this on special in January only to see NI put out Komplete 9 a couple of months later. Honestly though I don't see the need to upgrade yet, there's just SO MUCH stuff to explore in Komplete that I don't know if I'll ever get through it.

Info: I use mainly Logic 9 Pro, in addition to Ableton Live and a little Pro Tools. I'm a Master Pro certified in Logic Studio 9.
VINE VOICEon March 1, 2013
C'mon we've all heard the hype about Native Instruments' high quality samples and synths. They are the standard by which every other company is judged. And deservedly so They are one of the few companies whose reputation is earned not bought. The richness of the sounds are jaw-droppingly gorgeous! You simply cannot overstate the outstanding quality of NIs products.

The interface is clean and easy to understand. Don't get me wrong: the depth of each and every synth and sample collection is , well Massive, to use the name of just one of the synths in this collection. If memory serves there are 27 instruments/collections in Komplete 8, each one incredibly detailed and infinitely rich.

You can use Komplete as a standalone instrument or as a plugin in your favorite DAW. I use mine with Logic Studio and native Instruments' equally impressive hardware controller, Maschine (yes that's spelled correctly lol).

And I love that there is a whole community and eco system around NI with tons of excellent tutorials on Youtube. But do yourself a favor and invest in a month of Macprovideo.com's outstanding tutorials on everything from Maschine to Komplete to the individual synths themselves.

If you make music or are learning to make music this is a no brainer. Get Komplete 8 and Maschine and prepare to have your music taken to a whole new level. It's that good!
on December 3, 2011
as other people already said, the value for money is incredible. there's something to make everyone happy.
keyboard players,guitarists,drummers,sound designers,DJs,hip hoppers,experimental musicians & world/ethnic people,
everyone gets an incredible product in this package of 27 products.
the quality of the sound libraries is unbeatable at this price, the synths overall have thousands of sounds, but
its still easy to use becos of a browser which allows u to find sounds based on style,articulations etc.
special note about ethnic : it has a product called west africa, which is simply unbelievable. Normally, its a bad idea to use samples or loops for ethnic instruments, I cringe when i hear a mechanical loop from them. they are heavily feel based, no one plays a tabla or a djembe like a dance beat, they always have infinte subtleties in technique which really makes u feel the music. this product faithfully recreates those subtleties in a way which made my jaw drop. they even have a randomize feature which continously introduces random changes in velocity/articulation to make it sound truly human.
unbelievable ! even the drum sw like studio drummer have this feature which means u can now throw away all the gbs of mechanical loops u collected. the drums also sound incredibly human, which u can notice
in the hi-hat work. the hats are the make/break of sampled drums. any machine-gun hats will immediately show that u just programmed your drums. studio drummer nails this so beautifully, i almost cried when i heard them.

the only cons in this product : the installation time : took me nearly 12 hours to put it on a external usb hdd.
of course, i cudnt sit in front of the comp for 12hrs, it includes me taking a nap, waking up,putting a disk,doing sumtin else etc, but i'd say that it'll take u almost 7-8 hrs. i was almost fed up of the sw by then, but it was worth every minute of waiting.
only other negative : many of these products are cpu hogs. 1 instance of studrummer takes up 50% cpu on my core2duo 2.2ghz,4gb ram. guitar rig takes 35% cpu for a simple overdrive & cabinet with reverb, but all this can be overlooked cos of the quality.
finally, even though the product says its only compatible with win7, i'm running it on xp without any issues.
on February 22, 2014
Komplete 8 is the last version compatible with Mac OS snow leopard (10.6.8). It was a great deal for the amount of software provided here. If you want to know more check out the product description or use google.
on November 19, 2011
The Komplete 8 bundle arrived in a timely manner and was more-or-less easy to install. There were 12 DVDs, which I wasn't thrilled about, but the installer made it easy to deal with. Each DVD copied its contents then eject the disc and the installer would prompt me with the name of the next CD it wanted. This way I could do other things and only pay minimal attention to the install itself.

A little over 24 hours after activating Komplete, I received emails with a download link for Retro Machine as well as an e-voucher worth $30 USD, as promised.

It's still too soon to give an in-depth review of all of the individual plug-ins, though I'll say I'm really happy with Massive and FM8 so far. Absynth too. There were even a couple I didn't realize I was getting in this bundle. All-in-all I think I got a great deal here. I've purchased a couple of NI plug-ins over the years and regret not buying the bundle sooner.

I considered going with Ultimate but decided not to because of a review I read about a faulty USB hard-drive (and difficulty containing NI support.) Also, the only thing that Ultimate had that the regular didn't have, that I wanted, was Razor. (I already purchased Session Strings a half year ago.) So I just purchased Razor separately.

Really looking forward to trying out the rest of the set over the next couple of weeks. It's almost over-whelming. :)
on December 9, 2012
I ordered this after using some programs contained in this package on a friend's computer. If you actually plan to use and experiment with these then buy this set! If you're just a casual sound engineer then perhaps look elsewhere at a lower rate, amazing software and packaging.
on April 16, 2013
Pretty much everything an electronic musician would need, irrespective of genre. This massive amount of samples, synths, effects processors, and plugins is absolutely worth the price, unless of course there is a more recent version
on August 15, 2012
the sounds are great and the capabilities are infinite, some persons complains about the installation , it is very ease, you just have to change discs, it lasts almost 3 hours but what do you expect when installing samples, Im from Mexico, and the box arrives 15 days after the purchase,and I have to pay like 110 usd for taxes, any way, al Cesar lo que es del Cesar
I receive an email for 30 usd e voucher besides i get razor and session strings for free, i bought skanner with the evoucher, another great piece if software , I was deciding betwen omnisphere by spectrasonics and Native instruments, and camel, and nexus, but I Think NI are more flexible and unlimited. The only thing I dont like about NI are the demo sounds at the web page, I think they can make many more songs with diferent styles of music.
I own I 7 1.6 cpu speed laptop with 4 gigs of ram and my daw is fruity loops and the plugs runs very nice, I have to make more tests but it seems to run very fine. Without doubt a great piece of software, Germans are amazing.
on April 22, 2013
I would recommend this to anyone with their own recording studio like myself. I use studio drummer or guitar rig on almost a daily basis and I'm never let down. They did a good job on this one.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question