Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on July 17, 2013
Hardware: iPad 4 with Lightning Connector
Software: Traktor DJ (iOS App) 1.2.1.148

Build Notes:
+ The knobs are all rubberized. They're soft to the touch.
+ The Line faders have a very nice glide to them. They're not completely loose and offer a bit of resistance.
+ The crossfader is very loose. I can flick it from one side to the other with a finger.
+ The buttons make a "click" noise and have the texture of an Akai MPC pad.

- The deck plate matches an iPad's bezel, but is very prone to smudging and surface scratches. Do NOT wipe this with a dry cloth.

Contents:
+ AC adapter (with many different plug adapters)
+ Thick guage USB cable (for computer connections)
+ Thick guage USB to 30pin Apple cable (for iOS device connections)
+ Paperwork: card with software and hardware serial numbers
+ Paperwork: instructions
+ A sheet of Native Instrument stickers (for cases, laptops, etc)

- There's NOTHING in the box for newer Apple device connectivity (Lightning port). You'll need the Apple 30pin to Lighting adapter to make this work.

Other notes:
+ Fully compatible with the Traktor Gig Bag. 0 issues. The Z1 fits inside of it perfectly.

Final thoughts:
The iPad app is magnificent, but a fingertip isn't great for sliders. The Traktor Z1 gives the user more precision over controls (levels, gains, highs, mids, lows, fx) that require finesse.

The form factor is amazing. The app is powerful. This setup is perfect for dj's who don't feel like dragging around equipment for small parties, backyard bbq's, or tailgating.
on January 24, 2014
Synced RIGHT up to Traktor. NO lag on the crossfader either. Has so many other functions you may miss, like start/stop and selecting loops. Built just like the s4 and s2 with the same dependability you can expect from Traktor/NI.
I LOVE IT !!
on August 21, 2016
Been testing this out with Traktor DJ for iPad Pro, and I must say, it's been easy to figure out and a boon to my ability to mix across the two interface points. I do wish I could mix with this device and have audio still come out the headphone jack on the iPad if I choose (probably a software issue, not the device), but that's no big deal considering how great this mini-board is. Highly recommended if you want to try DJing live with the iPad version of Traktor.
on September 2, 2014
this has made djing so much easier for me. no more lugging around cds and lps. now i have my whole itunes library on my ipad and i'm able to quickly find any song i want to play.
on January 11, 2017
I am old school DJ (Two turntables and mic) and I only due private parties. I am slowly adjusting to the digital world. This with a couple of other controllers is all I need.
on September 30, 2014
I've purchased NI equipment for years and love their quality and functionality and the Z1 is no exception. Coupled with the Traktor DJ app on the iPad, this is just a great piece of kit, giving you the hands on mix of the Z1 with the touch of the iPad screen, mixed together is potentially one of the best bits of kit I have ever had, real fun, rock solid reliable..Buy it !
on June 6, 2017
It doesn't work properly- the power lights come on but then go out straightaway. The help desk at Native Instruments were useless.
on December 8, 2013
Nice equipment, well made, excellent quality. Worth the price. Comes with a US$50 dollar voucher and a license for Traktor LE. You may use your voucher to buy the Traktor PRO, a complete version of the program. Works with Mac and Windows. No problems so far at all. For home Dj's, this is the best product.
on June 30, 2017
Sounds great!. Easy to setup and use
on December 13, 2014
I love this guy when i play mobile as a back up but also in my studio. I use it when i make my mix tapes and podcast for z108.net follow me on https://soundcloud.com/rocketpantsradio

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.