Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Native
Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 11, 2014
This is a great album, first one I ever purchased by OneRepublic. The 2014 CD re-issue includes "Love Runs Out," the single that prompted me to give this CD a full listen and eventually purchase. The rest of the album also enjoyable and I highly recommend.

Here is the tracklist of this US re-release:

1. "Counting Stars"
11. "Something I Need"
12. "Preacher"
13. "Don't Look Down"
14. "Life in Color"
15. "If I Lose Myself" (Alesso vs. OneRepublic)
77 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 14, 2014
I am a newer OneRepublic fan and I started out with their first cd and found it a little hard to get into. It wasn't one that I got obsessed with. They just got better and better as they went on. This latest cd is the best yet! I love that they don't keep trying to reinvent themselves and change their overall sound with each cd. They have a tried and true sound that just keeps getting better as they grow. This cd was so good that I decided to go see them on tour and they ended up being the best concert that I have ever gone to! Their sound was awesome and the fact that they add live strings instead of relying on keyboards for everything was fantastic. Several of these songs should make it to the top 40. Great stuff from a killer band!
on July 29, 2013
Great use of percussion, can rival John P. Sousa with regard to marches. Ryan has great range but seems like he choose to use auto-tune on one of more tracks. Great melodies, catchy phrasing but too many references to death. Love the collection and each time I listen I like the songs more and more. Nice use of electronic instrumentation (The Beatles used melatron which became synthesizer which became a cliche) but it is nice to hear songs produced with thought behind the instruments rather than just trying to add something because you can.
Over all the album has wonderful lyrics, harmonies and vocals. The percussion tend to make the songs sound like Marches rather than pop songs but contrarily the percussion give great energy to the songs.
on June 14, 2013
I never considered OneRepublic to be one of my favorite groups, but this album has drastically changed my opinion. My usual favorite groups are Snow Patrol, Coldplay, and Keane. Native, however, has propelled this group into my top five. It is a rare occurrence that I like more than two or three songs on any given album, but I love most of the songs on Native. If I had to isolate my favorite cuts, though, they would be: Counting Stars, Burning Bridges, I Lived, If I Lose Myself, and Life in Color. I find myself listening to these gems more than to any other artists' songs that I have recently downloaded. If OneRepublic continue to produce music of this caliber, they stand a very good chance of moving to the top of my list of favorite bands. I can't wait until their next album!!!!!!
on December 16, 2014
I wanted the album to be great, because some of the songs are incredible, but in the end a lot of the songs just sound too repetitive.

That being said, it's still a worthy album. Half the songs can be pulled out into a playlist and added to any collection. If the entire album was as good as some of the individual songs, this would blow me away.

But, as it stands, once you get past Counting Stars and a few others there isn't a lot to bring you back in.
on May 31, 2017
There's a good mixture of fun and serious songs on here, and several ear worms. I, a 27 year old, like this album, and so do my niece (8) and parents (60s).
on May 12, 2014
Ryan Tedder is the singer-songwriter to the amazing One Republic band. With their latest masterpiece "Native", the listener is delighted with a full set of well-crafted and nicely polished songs that are incredibly euphonious, uplifting, and addictive. I have listened to the entire album easily multiple times and I have been so pleased that I was finally able to buy it at the sale price at $7.99! Tedder's vocals are fantastic and he and his team of One Republic did a superb job with "Native". I love the insane degree of enthusiasm that is infused into the album with the instantly catchy and ubiquitous song, "Counting Stars", the soaring and awe-inspiring "Burning Bridges" which became a fast favorite of mine, and the partly biographical and heartwarming "Preacher". When you listen to One Republic's latest album or previous work, you are treated to a rich and solid collection of stirring, fun, and memorable songs that will make you think, hum and dance along so effortlessly. Ryan Tedder and the bandmates of One Republic produced an extraordinary album! I love it!
on December 19, 2017
This is a band that might not be well known, but when I saw them live, I purchased and realized how talented this band really is. Nice CD.
on January 17, 2014
This CD blew me away. I love every song on the ONEREPUBLIC Native CD. Starting with Counting Stars. I was in awe at the flawless harmonies and so many directions the song went and worked excellently.On to If I Lose Myself and the excellent vocals,arrangement of up beat background drums and If this doesn't become the top requested song from clubs to radio. All the music instruments are played by One Republic,along with the awesome background vocals,harmonies of the guys Is perfection,and lead vocals all mix together to create a great band that will be here making real music that you feel emotionally charged and know walls will be filled with platinum records for many years of the best band in decades. Ryan Tedder,Brent Kutzle,Zach Filkins,Drew Brown,Eddie Fisher,plus Bobbie Gordon,David McGlohan,and of course One Republic.
VINE VOICEon May 28, 2013
We are huge fans of One Republic. We have seen them live 3 times. My teenaged daughter is probably Ryan Tedders biggest fan. As parents, we are happy with the songs One Republic makes. They are a very talented group musically, and the vocals are outstanding. Every song is different. All of their songs are appropriate for people of all ages, with no vulgarities or sexual overtones. This is pop music as its best.