Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

Native
Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 11, 2014
This is a great album, first one I ever purchased by OneRepublic. The 2014 CD re-issue includes "Love Runs Out," the single that prompted me to give this CD a full listen and eventually purchase. The rest of the album also enjoyable and I highly recommend.

Here is the tracklist of this US re-release:

1. "Counting Stars"
11. "Something I Need"
12. "Preacher"
13. "Don't Look Down"
14. "Life in Color"
15. "If I Lose Myself" (Alesso vs. OneRepublic)
77 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 28, 2013
I have been a fan of this group since their first single was released. I was so excited when I heard that they were making new music and when I read the reviews that this was their best album yet I believed it. However, I disagree with those reviews. This album is good. It has the classic OneRepublic sound which I love. But I am a lyrics person and I just didnt think the lyrics on this album lived up to the high standard of their past albums. There were really only 2 songs that I didnt like at all, "Something's Gotta Give" and "Light it Up". Despite that, it IS a good album and I do reccomend it, just dont expect it to be better than Waking Up. I will say though, get the Deluxe edition, because "Life in Color" is worth the price of the whole album.
on January 17, 2014
This CD blew me away. I love every song on the ONEREPUBLIC Native CD. Starting with Counting Stars. I was in awe at the flawless harmonies and so many directions the song went and worked excellently.On to If I Lose Myself and the excellent vocals,arrangement of up beat background drums and If this doesn't become the top requested song from clubs to radio. All the music instruments are played by One Republic,along with the awesome background vocals,harmonies of the guys Is perfection,and lead vocals all mix together to create a great band that will be here making real music that you feel emotionally charged and know walls will be filled with platinum records for many years of the best band in decades. Ryan Tedder,Brent Kutzle,Zach Filkins,Drew Brown,Eddie Fisher,plus Bobbie Gordon,David McGlohan,and of course One Republic.
on October 2, 2017
Great album. I like all the songs here which doesn't often happen on CDs.
on March 1, 2016
Ago Purchased 2 of these, because I was afraid the first one would go bad-because I played it SOOO MUCH!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE One Republic!! My Favorite all time band! One of their BEST CDs!! :) Saw them in Concert in GERMANY!! :)
on November 16, 2017
Saw them in concert and absolutely fell in love! The band implements classic instruments providing a unique sound and the bass is awesome!
on January 4, 2014
You know, because we can now so easily pick and choose to buy a snog here, a song there, sometimes we miss on the many jewels of those songs that don't get any air time on the radio. This album is chock full of one gem after another. I decided I want "I Lived" played at my funeral and that for the soul purpose of giving people a little encouragement to really live before it's too late. "Counting Stars" is finally being played all over and I chose it to dance a rumba/cha-cha to at the ballroom studio where I go - it was perfect, and I had lots of people asking about the song. "What You Wanted" and "Something I Need" are just another two wonderful gems that you shouldn't miss. Again, the whole album is just priceless!!♥
on January 14, 2014
I am a newer OneRepublic fan and I started out with their first cd and found it a little hard to get into. It wasn't one that I got obsessed with. They just got better and better as they went on. This latest cd is the best yet! I love that they don't keep trying to reinvent themselves and change their overall sound with each cd. They have a tried and true sound that just keeps getting better as they grow. This cd was so good that I decided to go see them on tour and they ended up being the best concert that I have ever gone to! Their sound was awesome and the fact that they add live strings instead of relying on keyboards for everything was fantastic. Several of these songs should make it to the top 40. Great stuff from a killer band!
on July 11, 2013
I have been a One Republic fan since I first heard the song Tyrant on the short-lived vampire-detective show, Moonlight. Fast forward five years and two albums later to Native and I can only thank the music gods that Ryan Tedder and crew are still around. One Republic has always delivered emotional vocals, smart lyrics, and catchy choruses, and in this sense Native is no different...except that it is their most versatile album to date. From trendy pop songs to soul-infused rock it is not only an enjoyable listening experience, but it is music with heart.
For the month of July you can download Native on amazon mp3 for $5.00. So whether you're a longtime fan or new listener, just do it--do it now. You won't regret it!

Stand out tracks: Counting Stars, Preacher, Burning Bridges
on June 17, 2017
This album is missing a track? Track 2 should be 'Love Runs Out'? Not sure why it is missing now, but I think it was included with this album previously.