Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 870 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 976 reviews
on July 11, 2014
This is a great album, first one I ever purchased by OneRepublic. The 2014 CD re-issue includes "Love Runs Out," the single that prompted me to give this CD a full listen and eventually purchase. The rest of the album also enjoyable and I highly recommend.

Here is the tracklist of this US re-release:

1. "Counting Stars"
11. "Something I Need"
12. "Preacher"
13. "Don't Look Down"
14. "Life in Color"
15. "If I Lose Myself" (Alesso vs. OneRepublic)
77 comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 6, 2014
One Republic has released yet another pop driven collection of songs that are all worth a listen. Native contains a diverse mix of tracks that will have listeners singing along with the memorable lyrics and tapping to the pounding rhythms. Indeed, the highlights are the singles "Counting Stars" to the gospel tinges of "Love Runs Out" that can be compared and similar to Adele's "Rumor Has It," which was also penned by lead vocalist and composer Ryan Teddar, "To Live Again," and "I lived." Practically all of the songs has Teddar's initial songwriting stamp along with band member Brent Kutzle. And speaking of lyrics, the digital booklet that is included contains all of the production and song credits. However, the inner sleeve of liner notes does not include song-by-song lyric sheet. Nevertheless, the entire album has a great set of songs that is highly recommended for one's listening pleasure.
on May 31, 2014
I really liked their first album and a few songs on the second, but when did the lead learn to sing like this!? There was nothing to prepare me for this album. It came out of nowhere, the great sound is there, a little more upbeat, and man can this guy sing! It is so good, there is no way they can top this album!
on August 18, 2014
Irelands One Republic offer a bold heart pumping
rock inspired alternative to most of this years new
releases with ' Native ' .

Lyrically creative this band can bang out great songs
Counting Stars and their hit Love Runs Out worthy of
any play list, What You Wanted and Burning Bridges
show the same resolve .

The word Same perhaps describes this albums failings .

As a body of work, most of the 15 tracks are a variation
on a very narrow theme, something that can upset the
best artists who decide to produce themselves .

One Republic can look towards a bright future but will
be better served with an independent producer who
can bring out more light and shade from their god given
talents .

Buy It Or Fly It ? Native Is A Buy - PC - LA .

releases
on May 12, 2014
Ryan Tedder is the singer-songwriter to the amazing One Republic band. With their latest masterpiece "Native", the listener is delighted with a full set of well-crafted and nicely polished songs that are incredibly euphonious, uplifting, and addictive. I have listened to the entire album easily multiple times and I have been so pleased that I was finally able to buy it at the sale price at $7.99! Tedder's vocals are fantastic and he and his team of One Republic did a superb job with "Native". I love the insane degree of enthusiasm that is infused into the album with the instantly catchy and ubiquitous song, "Counting Stars", the soaring and awe-inspiring "Burning Bridges" which became a fast favorite of mine, and the partly biographical and heartwarming "Preacher". When you listen to One Republic's latest album or previous work, you are treated to a rich and solid collection of stirring, fun, and memorable songs that will make you think, hum and dance along so effortlessly. Ryan Tedder and the bandmates of One Republic produced an extraordinary album! I love it!
on November 16, 2013
Great album all of the way through. Certainly better than their first album (Dreaming Out Loud) and arguably better than their second album (Waking Up). Everyone probably knows the first three tracks (Counting Stars, If I Lose Myself and Feel Again), but the CD is really worth listening all of the way through. In my car, I listened to it from beginning to end and back to the beginning again without ever thinking about switching what I was listening to.
on May 31, 2017
There's a good mixture of fun and serious songs on here, and several ear worms. I, a 27 year old, like this album, and so do my niece (8) and parents (60s).
on March 13, 2016
Seriously pissed off. Bought this cd specifically for the song 'Love Runs Out' and it's not on the cd. Not real impressed with the rest of the cd or Amazon for selling this crap like this. Talk about false advertising. Thanks for making me waste my money.
on July 18, 2014
This CD exceeded my expectations. I wasn't familiar with the group until I heard "When Love Runs Out", which is awesome! I tracked down the artist and did a little research. I had heard "Counting Stars", which I also liked, so I decided to purchase it, hoping the rest of the songs would be good, too. I wasn't disappointed. One of my other favorites on this CD is "Preacher". It's been a long time since I enjoyed an entire CD as much as this one!
VINE VOICEon May 28, 2013
We are huge fans of One Republic. We have seen them live 3 times. My teenaged daughter is probably Ryan Tedders biggest fan. As parents, we are happy with the songs One Republic makes. They are a very talented group musically, and the vocals are outstanding. Every song is different. All of their songs are appropriate for people of all ages, with no vulgarities or sexual overtones. This is pop music as its best.