- Size (LWH): 4.36 inches, 1.3 inches, 6.08 inches
- Weight: 7.68 ounces
Native Union Play Video Memo - PLAY-BLK-PD - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Total record time : 180 seconds
- Camera : 0.3 Mega Pixels
- LCD Monitor : 2.4 inches
- Screen resolution : TFT LCD 320 (RGB) X 240
- Battery Type : 3x AAA
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Designed by the designer Fabien Nauroy, "Play" is the ultimate video-memo. Slim line and stylish, "Play" has a magnetized back so it can be mounted on a fridge or other metallic surface and is also supplied with a magnetic wall-tape pad. "Play" has been designed and manufactured to the highest specification and includes high quality video camera, 2.4" color screen and a sophisticated 3 minutes of multiple messages recording system that allows. Messages are recorded with time and date. Suitable for all ages, the smart design allows full operations from 3 simple buttons.
Top Customer Reviews
What I like about The Native Union Play Video Memo Pad:
It is very easy to set up and use. The not needing to use a computer to set it up is a huge plus - you just put in the batteries and you're good to go. It is small so it doesn't take up a lot of room on the refrigerator - having it magnetized is a big help (you can also slip it into your pocketbook or pocket if you need to use it while you are out). I use it the most when rearranging my freezer to see what is in it. When I did so in the past, I made a list of whatever was in the freezer so I knew what I had; I also made a list of what I needed to buy. Now I use the Play to do both. This is so much more convenient since I don`t have to continually stop what I am doing to write down what I have or need. I also use this when going through the stuff I have stored in my basement. This is especially handy since I don't always have a place to put paper and pen (and my basement can be a bit too dirty to put down a piece of paper) and it makes taking inventory so much easier.
What I don't like about The Native Union Play Video Memo Pad:
It doesn't work as well as it could. While there are only three buttons (play, record, and delete), you have to press those buttons multiple times to get the device to do something. You have to press the Play button each time you want to hear a message - if there are multiple messages you have to hit the play button to listen to each message (you can't play them in a continuous string), and the machine doesn't tell you how many messages there are to be played back. It can be a bit confusing when you go to record a message, you have to push the record button several times. I could do without the camera - it doesn't take very flattering pictures. The sound is very tinny - family members have had to ask me in person what I said on the recording! And it is loud (I don't see an option to adjust the sound) - I can't imagine taking the device with me to go grocery shopping (unless I want to annoy everyone around me!).
The Native Union Play Video Memo Pad is a cute little gadget but has a few too many flaws for my liking.
- The buttons seem a little slow to respond even with brand new batteries
- It takes four button pushes (with hesitant reaction from the gadget) to record a video - one to "wake" the device, one to put it in record mode, one to begin recording, and another to stop recording. This takes 10 - 15 seconds not including the video recording itself.
- The audio is terrible - playback is too loud when recording with normal speaking voice, scratchy sound
- Recording display shows your reversed image which doesn't seem like a big deal but it's very unnatural to have to move yourself to the left to get the video image to move to the right.
- When standing at a comfortable distance away from the camera to push the buttons it records the image very close up which may contribute to the bad sound, too.
- If more than one message is recorded and they are meant for more than one person, if one person sees the flashing alert that there is a new message, they listen to all of them and then the light no longer flashes. Then the next person doesn't know there is a message for them. Maybe that's a lot to expect from this little device but it sure does make it awkward to use.
- There's a typo on the box. (Not a big deal, just an observation.)
I was hoping to use this as a quick way to leave reminders - like "don't forget your football pads" or "buy milk, eggs, and bread." For me it hasn't convinced me to put down the sticky notes. For what I would use it for it's really not useful.
However, if you're leaving messages back and forth with one other person in the household - "Dinner is in the fridge. Heat it up at 350 for 15 minutes" or sweet love notes, this may work.
Aesthetically, it is a cute little device. The magnet is strong enough to hold it securely onto the refrigerator. It also comes with a flat magnet that has a sticker on the back so if you want to mount the Play somewhere that isn't magnetized you can. (Like a car dashboard.)