Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 17, 2014
This book wasn't what I thought it would be. It was written very nicely and the topics are fantastic! However I knew most of the information already. It also didn't go into detail with the topics discussed and that was very disappointing. for example it talks about infant massage and it mentions the benefits and how great it is for your baby but doesn't give any information or explanations on how to give the infant massage it just recommends other books to buy. The main reason I bought this book was because I wanted literature on how to give herbal remedies to my baby if he were to catch a cold or the flu. This was the wrong book to buy for that.
12 people found this helpful
on December 13, 2012
This book has some really good ideas on how to care for your baby and his enviroment without the use of heavy chemicals that are found in most of our commercial products. It also has great ideas on how to treat eczema and other skin issues that you and your baby might develope during these delicate years. It's a good book to have at hand for all the nature lovers out there.
One person found this helpful
on October 6, 2015
Not what I was expecting. Not a lot of care advice. I wanted more remedies or tips on common problems.
on March 18, 2009
While I enjoyed reading this book, I found it was more focused on taking care of yourself as a new mother than it was about caring for your baby. This is so important, of course! A tired, weary mother can't offer the same to her new baby as a well rested and relaxed mother can. I just expected something else from this book, since the title made me think there would be a lot more recipes and techniques for taking care of BABY naturally. You'd probably enjoy it if you're looking for a book about aromatherapy for babies and moms. I'm not sure what I think about using essential oils on babies or young children, as was suggested in this book (even though the author suggests to use caution and not to use them on a baby less than 3 months old). I've used these oils in baths before and they don't mix in with the water. If you're not careful, they'll float right over and burn your skin. I haven't tried mixing them with a base oil first, as the author suggests, so maybe that solves the problem? I learned a few things from this book and I found it easy to read, but I'm giving it only 3 stars because I was disappointed that it was more about mom and aromatherapy than caring for baby.
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 18, 2014
I've only just begun reading this, but so far its got a lot of good information! I am just embarking on my journey to natural healing etc. and I am looking forward putting this book to good use.
on May 10, 2016
Although the book has a lot of great info it is very general in the instruction (does have some recipes) and refers to a bunch of other resources to get specifics. its been helpful in getting a direction but that's about it
on March 2, 2016
I had borrowed the book from a friend and enjoyed it so much I purchased it.
Copy is in excellent condition and I'm so pleased.
on January 28, 2017
Well written, and easy so understand. Great ideas and recipes. Have enjoyed it over and over.
on July 25, 2014