Gaiam Cork Yoga Mat | Natural Sustainable Cork Resists Germs and Odor | Non-Toxic TPE Rubber Backing | Great for Hot Yoga, Pilates (68-Inch x 24-Inch x 5mm Thick)
|List Price:||$39.99 Details|
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$4.52 (11%)|
Enhance your purchase
|Product Care Instructions||Yoga mats release a very strong but harmless odor when first unwrapped. Please unroll and air out your mat for 2-3 days before use. Spot clean with our Yoga Mat Wash or damp cloth with cold water and mild detergent. Dry flat. The mat may fade and become brittle and unusable if exposed to the sun for extended periods of time. We recommend storing your mat in a mat bag when not in use. See more|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||68 x 24 x 0.2 inches|
|Item Weight||1.71 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- CORK YOGA MAT: Features an all-natural, sustainable cork on the top, and a non-toxic, lightweight TPE rubber on the bottom for a premium yoga mat
- KEEPS OUT DIRT AND ODOR: Cork resists moisture will not absorb any funky smell or odor
- HOT YOGA MAT: A must-have for all types of yoga, but especially heated and hot yoga classes, as temperatures rise and the cork begins to loosen it will become softer and easier to grip when slightly damp
- SUPERIOR GRIP: The cork's grip and traction increases with moisture and heat, offering a superior grip
- DIMENSIONS: 68-Inch x 24-Inch x 5mm / Weight = 4. 5lbs
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Gaiam Cork Yoga Mat
Features an all-natural, sustainable cork on the top, and a non-toxic, lightweight TPE rubber on the bottom for a premium yoga mat. Cork resists moisture will not absorb any funky smell or odor.
A must-have for all types of yoga, but especially heated and hot yoga classes, as temperatures rise and the cork begins to loosen it will become softer and easier to grip when slightly damp. The cork's grip and traction increases with moisture and heat, offering a superior grip.
Dimensions: 68-Inch x 24-Inch x 5mm Thick / Weight = 4.5lbs
Gaiam Yoga Studio App
Download the Gaiam Yoga Studio App now to start your free trial for over 25 hours of ready-made HD video classes and 280+ poses with easy-to-follow teacher commentary to help you achieve your yoga goals.
Available on Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store and Microsoft App Store. Download practices directly to your devices to practice anywhere, anytime. Take your studio with you wherever you go - try a class today!
- Perfect for beginners, awesome for experts
- Create unlimited personal classes by stitching together poses for custom practices
- Stay on track with class scheduling - app links with iPhone and iPad calendar
- Developed and performed by a qualified yoga instructor
- Works on iPhone, iPad and iPad Mini, as well as Apple TV (4th Gen) Download on Google Play to enjoy 70+ ready-made classes and build your own custom classes on your Android devices
- Access to exclusive classes taught by world renowned yoga instructor Rodney Yee
Gaiam cork yoga mat features an all-natural, sustainable cork on the top, and a non-toxic, lightweight TPE rubber on the bottom for a premium yoga mat. Cork resists moisture and will not absorb any funky smell or odor. However, as temperatures rise and the cork begins to loosen it will become softer and easier to grip when slightly damp.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* There was no odd/chemical/factory smell
* I have no concerns about the cork cracking. It's extremely thin, and securely glued to the rubber
* Right out of the box, the mat laid pretty flat on the floor. There's a little bit of curling, but it's very minor, and the ends curl down.
Overall, it seems like a great mat for a great price. I've had it for a week and use it at least daily. I don't use it for yoga per se, mostly things like turkish get-ups, bridges, shinbox, etc. It's not very squishy, but provides enough padding for me. It doesn't stretch (e.g. during downward dog) or slip, and the cork surface is grippy and comfortable.
It only rolls one way and takes a full class to flatten out. If you try to roll the other way, it causes creases in the cork.
I really did try to give it a good shot (two weeks), but it's more slippery and less grippy than my Manduka (which can get real slick in a hot yoga class!).
Disappointed and wouldn't recommend or buy again.
I returned it though because it wasn't as wide as i would've liked. In comparison to other mats I have bought in the past there wasn't a strange chemically/plastic smell and it was very comfortable. I would have kept it, or bought another version if there was a wider option, but sadly there wasn't another cork wide version and if there was it was from a different company and it was drastically more expensive.
Top reviews from other countries
Oh, and the lifetime warranty mentioned, yeah it's only valid in the USA. I'm in Canada, so it sucks that it's not valid for me here too.
The product photos show the mat being rolled with the cork side in, but when I tried to do this the mat started to bend and crease. I couldn't start the roll without risking damage to the mat. It rolls up fine the other way, but then when you unroll it, the mat doesn't make good contact with the ground and moves around.