Other Sellers on Amazon
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 12 Bluetooth (Wireless), English (Old Version)
|Price:||$135.94 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$164.05 (55%)|
- Improved Accuracy: Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11. This means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever.
- If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance
- Better performance: Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before
- Dragon 12 Premium Wireless comes with a premium wireless bluetooth headset
- More Natural Text-to-Speech Voice: Dragon 12's natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text-with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control-for easy proofing and multi-tasking
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location
superior comfort and mobility
Use your compatible iOS or Android device as a wireless microphone
Control Your Digital World by Voice
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Premium speech recognition software ignites new levels of personal productivity and convenience by enabling you to interact with your PC by voice. Dictate or modify documents, spreadsheets and presentations, manage e-mail, search the web, post to Facebook and Twitter, and more. Launch applications, select menu items, save files, and switch windows using simple voice commands or create your own custom commands to insert boilerplate text and/or graphics. Even dictate notes into a digital voice recorder or a compatible iOS device and Dragon will later transcribe the recorded files into text on your PC. Dragon 12 Premium is your key to less stress and more success at home, school, work, or wherever life takes you. Dragon 12 Premium Wireless comes with a premium wireless bluetooth headset.
Key New Features
- Natural-sounding text-to-speech reads back editable text for easy proofing or multitasking.
- Smart Format Rules allow Dragon to adapt by detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it every time.
- An interactive tutorial provides simulations to enable you to learn and practice good dictation, correction, and editing habits.
- Use Dragon with two of the most popular web-based e-mail applications - Gmail and Hotmail - with Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions.
- Use a Bluetooth wireless headset for superior comfort and mobility.
- Use your iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad or your compatible Android device as a remote microphone.
- Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11.
- If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
- Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences.
Ignite Productivity with Fast, Accurate Dictation
Say words and watch them appear on your computer screen — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box. Correcting or revising your dictated text is fast and simple, too. Natural-sounding Text-to-Speech reads editable text for easy proofing or multi-tasking. Dragon adapts to your voice and the words you use to deliver better recognition results over time. You can even personalize Dragon with your own custom vocabulary of acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases that you frequently use. Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
Ignite Proficiency and Ease of Use, Right Out of the Box
Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. The Dragon Help system contains a Tip of the Day window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn what interests you. The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location. And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
Ignite Freedom and Comfort at Your PC
Say "goodbye" to repetitive stress injuries. Use your PC in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse. Open applications or folders, select menu items, click or move the mouse, press keys, switch from one window to another and more using simple voice commands. Use your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen) or your Android device as a wireless microphone over Wi-Fi for optimal convenience. Wideband Bluetooth support delivers outstanding wireless performance with no training required.
Ignite Convenience by Using Your Favorite Applications
In addition to DragonPad, the built-in text editor, you can use Dragon 12 Home with many of your favorite Windows applications.
- Dictate documents in Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, or OpenOffice Writer.
- Send e-mail in Microsoft Outlook or Windows LiveMail.
- Work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.
- Create presentation text in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Search the web using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- Post to Facebook or Twitter.
Dragon 12 Home even enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 10 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
Ignite Efficiency with Voice-Driven Multitasking
Dragon Voice Shortcuts collapse common multi-step tasks into direct voice commands you can use at any time, no matter which applications are currently active. For example, say: "Send email to John Smith and Raphael Sanchez" or "Search maps for financial advisors in Boston, Massachusetts" or "search Google for 87 divided by 12" and Dragon makes it happen. You can also say "open top site for Facebook" and Dragon automatically opens the top-ranked page for these keywords. You can even use voice commands to create e-mails, schedule tasks and appointments, and search your computer faster than ever before.
Ignite Mobility for Productivity On-the-Go
A free Dragon Recorder app lets you record high-quality audio files using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen). For more advanced recording functionality, dictate into a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder, and then have Dragon transcribe the audio files into text when you return to your PC. These mobile recording capabilities enable you to capture thoughts while they’re still fresh in your mind to produce detailed, high-quality reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes, and more.
- Recommended: 2.2 GHz Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor
- Minimum: 1 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor
NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. SSE2 instruction set is required.
- Recommended: 2 MB L2 cache
- Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache
Free Hard Disk Space
- 3.2 GB
- 4 GB for localized non-English versions
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Recommended: 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit; 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Minimum:1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista; 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase)
NOTE: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick, anonymous process). This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
Dragon Premium Wireless includes a wireless headset.
Use Dragon with Gmail and Hotmail with Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions (view larger).
Top Customer Reviews
The following is a guide to helping new users to voice dictation to understand how to get the most out of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Now these principles apply to all voice dictation software. I will update this review with more of the new features and how Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 runs when I've had time to use the software more.
(This whole review is done with Dragon I will not edit it at all)
As a quadriplegic standup comedian (okay I'm the cant stand up comic) I spent a lot of time doing voice dictation. I have been using Dragon naturally speaking since 1995 and I must say it is truly an amazing product and Dragon Dictate for Mac/Dragon NaturallySpeaking are only getting better. I want to give a basic overview on voice dictation and being successful.
To see my comedy set just google: AskACapper or I'm The Can't Stand Up Comic
One other thing to note I do not use Dragon for mouse movements and commands as I had the ability to use a touchpad mouse so I will not delve into those features in my review. This will merely focus on how you can use voice dictation effectively to receive near 100% accuracy. And how Dragon does it almost perfectly every time.Read more ›
I had previously owned an earlier version of Dragon back in 2007. At that time I wasn't as highly motivated by hand, arm and shoulder pain to learn this software as I am now, and I was also intimidated by what I assumed would be a huge learning curve to master the software before I could use it. As a result, I never got off the ground with it.
This time around, keyboarding pain inspired me to push past my previous concerns, and in doing so I made a happy discovery: it only took me a couple of hours, on a single day, to fully train the program using the bluetooth so that it could accurately recognize my voice. Also, though there are a whole lot of potential voice commands available to be used, since I only need this for word processing, there are not more than a dozen I needed to memorize to get me well on my way, for example: CAP, NEW LINE, OPEN PAREN, CLOSE PAREN, OPEN QUOTE, CLOSE QUOTE.
Here are the some things I've noticed as I've been using this software regularly which might be useful for a potential customer to know:
1. I like the functionality of the bluetooth that comes with this software package. It works extremely well for voice recognition with this software. However, it is not the most comfortable fit in my ear that I've experienced in a bluetooth. I have to fiddle with it a lot to get it firmly lodged in my ear so that it does not feel as if it is going to fall off.
2.Read more ›
When contacted, Nuance informed me that I would need to buy a replacement disk. This program was never loaded anywhere; the disk was defective, out of the box. I find it appalling that a consumer is forced to buy a replacement disk for a defective product.
I reluctantly paid for the disk, but future consumers need to know that the company does not stand behind its product.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works well but is a resource hog, make sure you have enough RAM and a strong enough processor.Published 1 month ago by Pete Fail
This product is sitting in a drawer un-used as its not compatible with my operating system Windows 10 so waisted my $156 very unhappyPublished 10 months ago by anna daffet
Really good, makes writing much easier and faster.
Lacks features like bringing in profiles from older versions. Read more
i use dragon i am trying to write my life story we are teaching each other thanksPublished 13 months ago by george verity
Takes a little while to get set up, but works as expected.Published 13 months ago by Kelly.millican playa
I wish I had time to share more information about the quality and positive results from this product. You won't go wrong by purchasing this and other products from this company. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Stan Wiggins