Nature Bird’s Complete Hand Held Hummingbird Feeder Kit. 2 hummingbird feeders, training info & more
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Experience the thrill of up-close-and-personal encounters with fascinating, beautiful little flying jewels like the ruby-throated, rufous, broad-tailed or Anna’s hummingbirds
- Fun, educational, engaging for the whole family; a relaxing activity for seniors, helps teach kids patience. Unique gift for gardening hobbyists, bird watchers, nature lovers, long term campers.
- No assembly required; kit comes with everything you need, ready to use right out of the bag for our simple two-step hummingbird hand training system, clearly detailed on a handy instruction card.
- Features two feeders special to our hummer hand-training system: the Hum-fi mini window feeder and the Hum-button palm unit. Also includes dye free hummingbird food mix and nectar feeder tube brush.
- All items arrive in a high quality cotton pouch with a sturdy drawstring and striking hummingbird design; can double as a belt-loop tote for children’s trinkets, outdoor accessories, etc.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Item Weight||0.25 pounds|
|Model Number||NBD0001- DK- HDK1|
|Package Height||0.25 x 6 x 8 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.4 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Nature Bird’s Complete Hand Held Hummingbird Feeder Kit. 2 hummingbird feeders, training info & more
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||bird houses by Mark||One Way Pet||JC's Wildlife|
|Item Dimensions||—||8.5 x 6 x 2.2 in||4 x 1 x 6 in||4 x 4 x 4 in|
Have ‘Em Eating Out of Your Hand: Now it is easier than ever to have up close and personal encounters with the beautiful little creature known to some as a flying jewel: the hummingbird. From the ruby-throated hummingbird of the eastern U.S. to the lovely Anna's hummer of the west, these diminutive dynamos flaunt almost irresistible charisma as they zip about in lovely, sometimes downright dazzling plumage. And the good news is, if you live in an area that has native wild hummers, you can experience the thrill of hummingbird hand-feeding. Featured Feeders: We are pleased to present a hand training system based on two compact hummingbird feeders: the original Hum-fi dual purpose window feeder/hand-held unit, and the Hum-button palm feeder. Using these specialized feeders for the step-by-step method we suggest, you can learn to feed and observe your local hummers literally firsthand. Attractive Carrying Pouch: Everything you will need for your hand-feeding adventures comes ready to use right out of the bag, no assembly required. Simply read the included instruction card, mix up some nectar, fill one or both feeders as indicated by the instructions . . . and go for it. Your feeders and accessories come in a handsomely decorated cotton drawstring bag that includes the standard dye free hummingbird food mix; a handy feeder cleaning brush; and instructions for mixing hummer nectar, training your local hummingbirds to hand feed, and maintaining clean and healthy feeders. An Enchanting Activity for Friends and Family: Garden party guests may want to try their hand at this charming activity, and your friends and neighbors may be astonished to learn that feeding hummers by hand is actually possible. Most importantly, however, you and your kids . . . not to mention grandma and grandpa too . . . will have the right tools for enjoying the peaceful, relaxing, just plain fascinating pastime of hand feeding wild hummingbirds.
Top customer reviews
I purchased this kit and when I got it, it seems to be well thought out. It comes with a small book explaining the species and the different kids of hummingbirds. They also give you two small feeders to "train" the hummingbirds to slowly move toward your hand and a cleaning brush. It all comes in an attractive small pouch.
The idea is you place one of the feeders in the location you plan to sit first. Then when the birds learn there is a feeder there, you replace it with the hand feeder you hold in your hand. Now this would require countless hours of sitting in one location and allowing the birds to "find" you and trust the food source.
I thought I could do it, but I didn't have the patience to wait that long. Also, because I already had hummingbird feeders, they were already aware of another food source and were content. I think this kit would work better for someone who does not already have hummingbird feeders in their yard. Also, to get this to work you must have a lot of patience and free time.
I can't knock the kit - it is sound in logic and seems like it would work if you had the time and correct environment. I didn't, but that's not the fault of whoever put this together. It's a great kit, and if you have the ability to wait it out, I would recommend you try it.