Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nature's Bounty Super Potency Biotin 5000mcg - 72 softgels (Pack of 2)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Package Quantity: 2|Change

on June 6, 2013
I've used this product as I noticed my hair was thinning and falling out on top. I panicked, couldn't reach my doctor, and tried the pharmacist, who said not to worry and recommend this product. Have used it ever since, and have recommend it highly to many that have found themselves in the same situation.
11 comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2009
I take 1 Biotin 5000mcg pill a day, plus 1 mega-multi vitamin and 1 MSM 1000MG per day. I have been taking the Biotin for 10 weeks now and I have noticed a considerable difference in my new growth. I am an African American woman with 4A/4B hair texture (pretty kinky). I texturize my hair to loosen my curl pattern. I have not noticed any signs of "faster" hair growth (my hair grows about 1/2" month, as long as I take care of my ends) - BUT, I have noticed a difference in the texture and health of my new growth. It's much shinier, stronger, softer and healthier. In fact, I am scheduled for a text. re-touch in about 2 and a half weeks (I texturize my new growth every 8 weeks)and I might just wait longer because my new growth is NOT kinky - it grows out of my scalp with a loosened curl pattern (more wavy) - weird? I know! Another plus is that my nails DO grow faster - I just clipped them to nubs only 2 weeks ago and they are now hanging over my nail bed! My skin is much clearer (glowing if you will). All in all I am very pleased with this product. I have stocked up with 4 bottles, should last me about 8 months. In the beginning I tried taking 2 per day, but my stomach complained. One pill per day of the 5000mcg is plenty and will show you results. I advise to take it for at least 1 month before seeing any results.
33 comments| 220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
I had thin splitting fingernails and wouldn't paint them or wear rings or braclets to avoid calling attention to my hands. A sales lady with beautiful nails I had complamented her on, told me about Biotin. though it didn't happen overnight, I paint my nails and have lots of rings and braclets now !
on March 26, 2013
I really love what is supplement is doing for my hair. I've been using it for about three months now and I can definitely tell the difference in my hair. Aside from my hair actively growing back in the shot where it had fallen out its also thicker and more shiny! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!
on January 4, 2014
This product works like a charm. So far I've been using it for a month and my hair has already grown a significant 2 inches! The capsules are small and easy to swallow as well.
on August 1, 2008
I'm not a huge vitamin/supplement gal, and I've never found any specific correlation between a particular supplement and a desired response, but I'm a convert in this case! Biotin purportedly makes your nails and hair grow faster and better, and boy does it ever! I wanted my nails to be better (stronger and more flexible), and I also wanted help growing out my hair, so I checked it out. And it works ridiculously well!

A word of caution - this stuff works on *all* your hair. My eyebrows need plucking more than ever, my legs need to be deforested (I epilate and occasionally shave) more frequently, etc. So that might be a deterrent for some. That being said, the unexpected and exciting benefit was to my eyelashes! You know how sharks have rows of teeth? This stuff has given me an extra row or two of lashes! Not only that, but although the length is the same (they were always long), they are thicker and fuller.
22 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2014
Within two and a half weeks of taking this product my eyelashes have grown extremely long, longer then they have ever been in my entire life and my nails are growing and are super strong and hard. I haven't seen anything with my hair progress yet but since its only been two weeks I wouldn't be able to see much progress. MAKE SURE to drink water when taking this product, 6-8 glasses a day so that the product can fully work and that you won't get break outs. I've never gotten breakouts in my entire life, but its best to be on the safe side. I can't wait to see the full results within the next several months!
on July 9, 2015
This is a great supplement, easily absorbed & priced competitively. As a nurse, I look for supplements that are appropriate for me to take at a good price. Biotin assists with healthy nails, skin, hair; I notice a big difference when taking this in addition to a healthy diet.
I take two/day with a meal.
Great price, I will continue to reorder.
You could pay more, but why?
on August 24, 2013
I bought this product on my sister's recommendation. She has been using it for over 6 months and has noticed the thickness of her pony tail has gotten bigger. So far, I like it. It has no taste, no after taste, and I usually take it at night before bed time and it doesn't upset my stomach or keep me awake.
on August 14, 2015
Fantastic. Been using Biotin for years and it DOES make my hair grow so much faster. I decided to go Platinum blonde and I actually had to stop taking this product because it made my new growth grow way too fast. Kind of funny actually.