|Item Weight||28 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||22 x 20.5 x 21.7 inches|
|Item model number||NH-SPH|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Power Source||DC. 12 volt adapter available.|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Maximum Weight Capacity||300 Pounds|
4 Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one for portable products only.
- Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Nature's Head Self Contained Composting Toilet with Close Quarters Spider Handle Design
|Price:||($74.05 / kg) + $19.52 shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- No one - and I mean no one - will beat my customer service and individual support
- Easy to install by any reasonably handy person.
- Absolutely No Odor. No Maintenance. 5 Year Warranty.
- Huge Capacity. 2 people using full time will empty every 4-6 weeks. Easy empty in 5 minutes.
- A vast improvement over older composting toilet designs. This one works!
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
SUN-MAR GTG COMPOSTING TOILET || Portable Toilet, Compost Toilet for RV
EAGO TB336 High Efficiency Eco-Friendly Toilet, 1-Piece
Saniflo 023 Sanicompact Self-Contained Toilet
|Sold By||Natures Earthly Way||Sustainable Village||DecorPlanet||✅ HomePlumbing ✅|
|Item Dimensions||22.00 x 20.50 x 21.70 inches||24.00 x 15.75 x 19.80 inches||27.75 x 15.00 x 16.75 inches||18.25 x 14.50 x 15.75 inches|
|Item Weight||28.00 lbs||—||122.00 lbs||62.20 lbs|
The Nature's Head Composting Toilet is the latest design, the best value, and the most reliable choice for portable, self contained, urine separating dry toilets -- on the water, on the land, or on the road." "This toilet or head, (the marine term for toilet) was designed by two long time sailors who sought to create a more user friendly version than anything else on the market. While we designed our product to withstand the harsh marine environment, it can be used anywhere you need a toilet, especially anywhere that plumbing or electricity is difficult or non-existent -- on RVs or campers, in vacation cabins, workshops, barns, yurts, even trucks. Most importantly, this toilet doesn't have the foul odors associated with all other holding tank systems. The low volume air circulation fan built into the head provides the added benefit of recycling the air in your bathroom which helps make your whole environment smell better. Because it was originally designed for marine use, its rugged design and materials (all stainless hardware) it has been proven to be extremely durable no matter what your environment.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I could only recommend this if you are a single male living alone and don't rely on it 100% to allow the composting process to properly work.
1. For two people, the urine jug will require emptying every single day and REEKS during every step of that process.
2. Main compartment will require emptying every 1.5-2 weeks (less if you put toilet paper in) and by then is a sludge of wet smelly poop. There is nothing earthy about the smell or look.
3. When you do attempt to lift this thing to empty it, it is too unwieldy for a single person to do alone. One person must hold bag over opening while other person lifts and tips it. While it is upside down shit will get into the inside of a lip on the top edge. (You need to spray this out with a hose everytime)
4. Mixer does not mix in dirt at the edges and corner of bucket, wasting over 50% of the dirt in there. You will have to manually mix this in at least once during the cycle.
5. Poop door does not completely fold away. About 1/2" of it sticks proud into the opening and poop will get on there and buildup, causing urine hitting the door in the future to not drain away properly (adding to urine in the bucket next time the door is opened) and getting poop into the diverter mechanism which is not accessible for cleaning.
6. Urine diverter is extremely hard to clean scale off, as its inside a sealed compartment with only a few small holes for access.
7. Women will have to pee first before opening door to poop, have fun doing that. When they are done and door is opened a small amount of pee will drip into bucket as girls cant control what direction their urine goes and mess up the whole system. Poop dirt will become too damp.
8. Fan just isnt powerful enough. Poop does does not dry out. It also isn't powerful enough to prevent backflow of air when your main bathroom fan is on during a shower. Anytime you take a shower your bathroom gets filled with humid stinky poop air. Fun.
9. Cost is insane. $1000 for 75¢ of plastic and some off the shelf hardware. I could justify the cost if it worked as advertised (no smell, 3-weeks+ between emptying) but that just isn't the case. I will spend hundred+ a year on the coco coir alone which is over 100x the cost of the water in a normal toilet.
10. I also spend much more on toilet paper as this thing always requires wiping down after every use, even though you cant get to most of the areas that really need the cleaning. You literally have to take this thing apart and have a pressure washer w/ fine tip nozzle to get into the small areas that get caked in awfulness.
11. Bowl is far too small. If you're lucky about 1/4 of the time your turd will go right in the hole (if you perch forward, straighten your back, and have a small member that wont get smashed into the front of the bowl (this feels very unhygienic, just asking for UTIs really.) If you are well endowed or even slightly above average (and are a shower) your willy will not fit into this thing even when sitting all the way to the rear.
12. This is damaging to relationships. I am way to intimate with both my own and my partners waste now. Even after 6 months I am not acustomed to this yet. Maybe if it actually worked. You argue about who will take out the pee, or at the very least it is one more chore that needs to be delegated. You will be resentful for them using it and filling it up. You will be embarrassed about the mess. You will lose attraction to your partner after looking at and smelling their feces every day.
I wish I had bought the C-Head for half the price.
Problems: overflow of urine container, a mess. Time to empty solids, very tricky. User ended up scooping it out with a trowel, another mess. Then our 34 year old son was staying in the house during Christmas. More problems: urine diversion not working properly even though he followed directions. Solids container getting too wet with urine because the design for urine collection not able to handle a strong stream and quantity. Smelly, with so much urine mixed into solids. So he and I took it apart to empty into compost bin. Glad he is a strong guy with tons of muscle! I could never do it on my own, even though I am strong and outdoorsy. That experience clinched it for me, made me realize just how simple my old bucket system is.
The above review was written by my wife who is a very experienced composter. If you have to compost in the toilet, Nature's Head may be your best choice, but there are challenges which were not made clear. First, it may not easy to see how full the urine container is. Second, the instructions to be careful not to allow urine into the main chamber may be impossible for some users with strong flow. Finally, since the entire base is the main chamber, it can be a bear to move.
Top international reviews
Very well made .