Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NATURE'S SUNSHINE Thyroid Activator Capsules, 100 Count
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

on January 7, 2011
I have been having obvious symptoms of having a thyroid condition for at least 8 years now. However, my blood test would show otherwise. This week, I was recommended this product due to (once again) the size of my neck. Doctors would always be concerned with my neck but what can they do if the tests are negative? Therefore, this time I wanted to see for myself instead of just saying..."no, I'm okay, I'm just fat"! I did some research prior to taking the product and was comfortable taking it. I also began feeling on my neck and felt a lump on one side.

Since I began 4 or 5 days ago, it isn't hard to swallow, my throat doesn't feel strange and my neck is going down. I am going slow with the recommended dosage by only using 4 pills each day instead of 6 total. I am not using this as a weight loss supplement but to get my thyroid activated properly for the first time in 8 years. With proper diet and exercise daily, I will lose weight automatically now that my body is getting back on track.

God bless the person who recommended this product to me and the person who gave her testimony about her condition while I was in the health store this week. I am very grateful!

I found this article for anyone interested. Good luck. My neck has gone down a lot!

[...]
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2010
I purchased this product from a natural food & supplement store. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism many years ago and was on a regular dosage of synthroid until lack of funds precluded me from having regular blood work performed, and thus not being able to get my prescription refilled. The usual symptoms followed: dry skin, swelling, lack of energy (NO energy), etc. Within an hour of taking the first 2 capsules, the swelling in my ankles and hands went away. My skin, though still dry, isn't "ashy". I understand it can take 2 - 3 weeks to see complete results, but what I've seen and felt so far has sold me on this product. I'm not endorsing anyone stop taking their prescribed medicines, but if you're experiencing symptoms of low thyroid & been told there's nothing wrong, try this product. It's not a weight-loss product, but any improvement in a sluggish thyroid should help you to shed some pounds.
55 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2016
This review is more about a side effect I experienced while taking this supplement more than the efficacy of the supplement. My friend has been taking this supplement as instructed for a year and has noticeably improved her thyroid symptoms, numbers, and overall thyroid health. I started taking it a couple of weeks ago in an attempt to improve my hypothyroid symptoms (frequent periods, cold hands and feet, fatigue, inability to shed excess weight, family history, etc.) Shortly after taking the supplement, I experienced one of the WORST headaches I've ever had. It wasn't a migraine, but it was as close to one as I have been in years. I figured it was probably a cold, but I had no other cold-like symptoms, and the headache has not fully gone away since then (though now it is just a dull ache). This is the only supplement that I have changed in the previous couple of weeks, so I looked into the ingredients. Come to find out, black walnut hull is very high in tannins, the same things in red wine that occasionally give people headaches when they drink it (such as my mother and I who both have hypo and experience headaches with tannins). I'm not 100% sure that this is the ingredient that is causing my headaches, but I know myself well enough to know that this is the most likely cause of the headaches since they didn't start until about 2 weeks ago and I haven't changed anything else in my diet, supplements, or lifestyle.

If tannins do not cause you a problem, I encourage you to try this supplement if you are experiencing hypothyroidism symptoms, as my friend had great results. If you get headaches when you drink red wine or are reactive to any of the ingredients, try another thyroid supplement.
on September 21, 2014
I was having some issues with low body temperature, cold hands and emotional irregularities. So far so good. It has been three weeks and I feel more emotionally balanced. I sleep better and I don't feel cold like I used to. I am also taking some other vitamins and minerals so they each play a part in how I feel.
on May 12, 2016
It gives me the energy I don't get with my prescription Synthroid. The Thyroid Activator states that it helps my thyroid absorb the medication better and I feel this is why I am having more energy than with out the thyroid activator.
on May 16, 2016
Using this supplement along with some others before a follow up visit with my NP where it will probably be suggested that I use Thyroid supplementation for my goiter. Energy levels have improved, but cannot be sure it is from just this supplement.
on July 31, 2013
bought this to boost my thyroid into burning a little more pounds also to increase my physical energy. Works really well gives me loads of energy for hours. doesnt make me sleepy either.
on April 12, 2013
I had tried some other supplements to support my thyroid over the years. Nothing works as well as this one. I have taken it for about 4 months now and feel as though things have balanced in my body. Very glad I found them.
on August 23, 2016
I highly recommend parents of hyperactive children to give this a try! ADHD is often misdiagnosed hypothyroidism as I read in an article. This stuff has helped our daughter's behavior tremdously! Thank God!
on November 25, 2015
I began to use it to regulate my hormones which are linked to thyroid . After not having a normal fertile cycle for an entire year thank Good that i was finally able to detect my fertile time clearly. Taking this Even got rid of my migraine which I had always had around menstruation.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse