Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nature's Way Metabolic Reset, Vanilla, 1.4 Pound (630g)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

Flavor: Vanilla|Size: 630g|Change

on December 20, 2013
If you choose this shake, you should seriously consider removing all sugar from your diet while you are using it. More on that later. I was given this by my sister when she decided she didnt like it (she was getting rid of anything with soy in it... apparently this product contains soy lecithen). I am a healthy weight and very active 39 year old female. I thought this would be a great thing for me to try drinking before my early morning walks with my dog as I always came back from these walks famished and low blood sugar, dizzy, etc. This tasted DELICIOUS (I got vanilla) and after one week my jeans were too loose! I wasnt even trying to lose weight. I felt so good that not only was I walking my dog at dawn, I was dancing half the time (no joke). This shake ended up being my gateway to including meal replacement shakes in my diet on a daily basis for the past 2 years. I did tons of research and bought Ultimate Meal, Raw Meal, Vega One, etc.
Ultimate Meal and Raw Meal are staples in my pantry now. But I am adding Metabolic Reset back in to my rotation because of its superior effects on my metabolism and weight maintenance. My dirty secret is that I had been a closet smoker for 20 years and recently quit. I was dismayed and shocked when none of my jeans fit over my hips two weeks into quitting. I never had weight issues in my life till now! Can barely wait to start back on Metabolic Reset as I am certain it is good arsenal to have in my tool kit to keep my weight down and help me feel energized. This is a fantastic shake, in my opinion, and far better tasting than any other Ive tried. It does exactly what its designed to do.
Note: I see a lot of people complaining about stomach issues with this product. The culprit hands down is Xylitol. Xylitol is excellent health wise, but it ALWAYS takes time for your body to adjust to it if you are not accustomed to it. I wish the people at Natures Way would provide this information on the container. The best way to get used to xylitol is to introduce it in small increments for the first week. Add more each day. Start with a small amount, and day by day increase till you have the full shake serving. If you dont do this you will likely feel really sick from it. It may even feel like food poisoning if you overdo it. The symptoms of too much xylitol are farting, bloating, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. However if you introduce the shake slowly you will likely avoid ALL of those symptoms.
Also... Xylitol will have a sugar cleansing effect on your system. This can manifest as intense sugar cravings for the first week or so into using the shake as directed (along with the gas and bloating). The xylitol in this shake literally kills candida (sugar-eating bacteria in your gut). I would recommend cutting sugar completely out of your diet while using this product. I know thats really hard for some people to achieve, but sugar IS the culprit behind most weight gain issues... As well as what will make your discomfort worse while adjusting to this shake.... That and processed packaged foods. If you cut out sugar, you will absolutely and effortlessly lose weight, and quickly. Sugar is also a drug. So you do go through actual mood swings and withdrawals when you first start cutting sugar out of your diet. But hang in there, it should go away within one week, and you will rebalance. I have studied the effects of sugar on the body and brain for 20 years.
A little bit about xylitol: You can do your own research, but as to the benefits of xylitol, they are... Prevention of tooth decay, tastes exactly like sugar, thickens epidermis leading to looking young longer (sort of like internal retin-a) safe for diabetics, etc. I personally love xylitol... I think its a miracle. I brush my teeth with it, use it as mouthwash, I put it in baked gods, chai tea, etc. As I said... dont be lazy... do your own research and come to your own conclusions.
Lastly, I'd like to add that while this is relatively healthy as far as shakes go, in the rare times I can afford it I also buy Miracle Reds and Miracle Greens (high quality powdered fruits and veggies and supplements) and I add a scoop of each to this shake. Doing this makes this shake my absolute favorite solution and if I could, I would do this all the time and use this shake always. It rounds out the meal and turns this shake from a simple weight loss tool into a very nutrient rich meal. However, this is a really expensive way to go. If you can afford it, I highly recommend doing this.
55 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I used this for about a month. It tastes okay, but I started to realize that I was sweating out an odd chemical smell. I'm allergic to aspartame and one of the symptoms is a weird smelling perspiration so I'm guessing that, even though it says it doesn't contain aspartame, it has some aspartame-derivative in it.

PS - Writing reviews has become an accidental hobby for me, and it always makes my day to know that people find my reviews helpful (and if not, why.) Also, if you have any questions, clarifications, or comments please feel free to leave a comment below. I usually respond pretty quickly and almost always within 24 hours.
66 comments| 253 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2012
I have been using this for about five weeks now and have lost nine pounds. I have it for breakfast and lunch and then have a lite dinner. I'm older and weight loss is very, very difficult for me. So I'm thrilled. I also had some of the gastric problems at first, as others have claimed, but I liked the taste, so I just kept with it. The first week was very hard. It filled me up, but it really does take time to get your food cravings under control The first week is always very hard when changing eating habits.

I mix mine with eight ounces of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and it's soooooo creamy... much creamer than mixing with nonfat milk, and it's only forty calories, instead of the eighty for skim milk! Also, if you are having problems digesting this at first, try mixing it with water, rather than milk, or almond milk until, until you can tolerate it. That worked for me. Good luck!
0Comment| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2012
This product is perfect for suppressing my appetite, and it taste pretty good. I mix with water, not too much, just exactly 8 oz. I drink one for breakfast, eat a light lunch, drink one around 3:00 pm, eat a light dinner. I have lost 5 lbs in one week while taking this.
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2014
I'm sitting here writing this review while I drink one for lunch!

Being extremely overweight for a majority of my life, I knew something needed to change. I did a lot of research on "weight loss shakes" and determined that Metabolic Reset would probably work the best for me. Only 130 calories in 2 scoops, only 1 gram of sugar, and it was the first one where I actually read the word "delicious" in the reviews. In my experience, most protein shakes have a very strong taste that is hard to mask - leading you to adding different things to alter the flavor and greatly increasing the calories, thereby defeating the entire purpose.

I bought all three flavors, and I have to say that Strawberry is my favorite when it's unaltered. With the chocolate and vanilla still tasty without any additions, I do sometimes like to put a tablespoon of PB2 (powdered peanut butter) in it for a little extra protein. Unlike peanut butter, PB2 is very low in fat and calories. In 2 tablespoons (and trust me, 1 is enough per shake) there are only 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat.

I originally started mixing my shakes with whole milk, because I am weird about lower fat milks. While it made them delicious, I knew I couldn't keep mixing them with something that had as many calories as the mix itself. I went to WalMart and found "Almond Breeze" which is an almond milk made by Blue Diamond. The unsweetened vanilla has only 30 calories per 8oz serving (which is exactly what you need for 1 shake) and I literally cannot tell a difference in taste or texture from using whole milk.

I am on day 7 and I am already down 5 pounds! Good luck to you on your journey!
on April 27, 2013
Sadly, I was in a bad relationship for way too long and ended up gaining 100lbs. Over the last couple years I have tried exercise, various diets and nothing worked. I finally found that as a vegetarian I wasn't getting enough protein and it was most likely my fat and carb intake that was preventing me from never feeling satiated and prevented me from losing weight. I've triend a lot of protein drinks, but I always ended up hungry an hour or two later. I tried the metabolic reset and VOILA, I'm no longer hungry. In fact, I now have to force myself to drink more shakes to ensure I get enough calories in a day. Best yet, I've been drinking these shakes 3-4 times a day since 6 weeks ago and I am now down 25lbs. I'm not even exercising. The only issue I've had so far is that it does make you a little gassy. This could probably be curbed with a digestive enzyme. Overall, I couldn't be happier about this product.
on March 21, 2016
I'm about to get real with y'all. I REALLY wanted to give this more stars because it works quite well at curbing hunger and keeping you full, better than most others I've tried, and the taste is good, especially with skim milk and half a frozen banana mixed in! Unfortunately I had to stop buying it after a few tubs because of THE GAS. At first I thought my system just needed to adjust to it so I gave it a few weeks but it was BAD, so I started taking Beano with the shakes and that helped but it still wasn't enough, so I started taking TWO Beano with each shake and the gas I had because of this stuff was still out of control! I've never been so gassy in my life! I wanted to keep going with this shake because I liked the taste and how well it worked to keep me full but I couldn't live with the bloating and gas anymore!!!! It did the same thing to my husband. He stuck with it longer than I did but eventually had to stop for the same reason. HOLY COW people. Keep looking for another shake mix. Strangers riding the elevator with you will thank you! UPDATE: Just in case you're still looking I thought it might be helpful to note what shake powder I ended up going with. I am now using Lean Shake and am very happy with it. It costs more (I bought it directly from the company), but it works really well, has a great taste and the gas problem is gone.
on January 28, 2014
I see there is controversy in these reviews about how people are paid to write good reviews. Well, I am a real person trying this product! I just have to let everybody know that this stuff is amazing. It is only my first week of using it but so far so good. I made a protein shake with it this morning with plain, real, yogurt, light vanilla almond milk and a banana and it tastes so good! Without the banana it tastes like a chocolate milkshake! It really curbs my appetite and is a low calorie meal substitute! I really suggest giving this stuff a try :)
on April 10, 2013
This stuff actually tastes pretty good once you've had it about three times. The first time it kind of has a "synthetic sweetner" taste, but after the third time, you get used to it and it's yummy! I mix 1 scoop of the chocolate with half a banana and a cup of almond milk and it tastes like a milkshake. For only 140 calories/shake, it keeps me full for about three hours. If I used the two scoops like it recommends, it would probably keep me full a lot longer. This product has helped me get my eating under control and keep my calories low for the day. I've been using it to replace breakfast and lunch for about a week and half lost 3 pounds. Thanks Metabolic Reset!
on March 25, 2014
i used to buy it from the health food store, #protip, add in chia twister and wheat grass if you serious about health and weight loss. the vanilla rocks but bypass the choclate cuz in my oppinion the chocolate isn't all that hot. the vanilla rocks and is versitile. you can add either coffee for a late type fitness shake or frozen fruit for more of a smoothie. if i use fruit i use juice/ if i use coffee i add unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk. sweeten with stevia. best shake mix i have used so far. gives you lots of energy, helps keep you full and if you eat health the rest of the day and exercise you loose weight. for those uber serious buy a "fitbit" its a bracelet that hooks into your pc/blue tooth and tracks your steps and sleep. long post but i love to share what works. side note, the chia twister (found in your health food store refridgerator section) is not just good for weight loss, it also cleaned up both my teenagers acne. oh and the wheat grass (i use fresh mostly but powdered when desperate) is good for energy. because when your fat like i am (Sorry im blunt) you feel sluggish, and too much coffee gets dehydrating...so i add wheat grass to the shakes. now i only have the shakes in the am, i typially have a small lunch and then a small dinner, i avoid snacks. my regimine is gym machines (light wieght more reps) and swimming a well as either small walks or stationary bike when its cold. no product including this one brings you miracles. this product merely makes it easy to start your day off with a very healthy breakfast to fuel your engine. its up to you the consumer to make sure your other meals are health and exercise and put in the work. but as far as shakes goes this is the absolooute best i have tried. it works by controlling hunger, giving me energy, providing nutrition and if you buy the vanilla (not the awful chocolate) it tastes good and is very vesitile. it is pricier than say slim fast ..but if you look at the ingredients of slim fast they are awful (no offense). i started buying this on amazon versus the health food store because amazon has it cheaper, and this product is so popular that my health food store would frequently run out. so if you like this stuff its worth your while to buy it here and order it before you run out. oh and one last thing, i take a break from it on sundays because everyone needs a free day. so there you go...enjoy