Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 767 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 833 reviews
on December 20, 2013
If you choose this shake, you should seriously consider removing all sugar from your diet while you are using it. More on that later. I was given this by my sister when she decided she didnt like it (she was getting rid of anything with soy in it... apparently this product contains soy lecithen). I am a healthy weight and very active 39 year old female. I thought this would be a great thing for me to try drinking before my early morning walks with my dog as I always came back from these walks famished and low blood sugar, dizzy, etc. This tasted DELICIOUS (I got vanilla) and after one week my jeans were too loose! I wasnt even trying to lose weight. I felt so good that not only was I walking my dog at dawn, I was dancing half the time (no joke). This shake ended up being my gateway to including meal replacement shakes in my diet on a daily basis for the past 2 years. I did tons of research and bought Ultimate Meal, Raw Meal, Vega One, etc.
Ultimate Meal and Raw Meal are staples in my pantry now. But I am adding Metabolic Reset back in to my rotation because of its superior effects on my metabolism and weight maintenance. My dirty secret is that I had been a closet smoker for 20 years and recently quit. I was dismayed and shocked when none of my jeans fit over my hips two weeks into quitting. I never had weight issues in my life till now! Can barely wait to start back on Metabolic Reset as I am certain it is good arsenal to have in my tool kit to keep my weight down and help me feel energized. This is a fantastic shake, in my opinion, and far better tasting than any other Ive tried. It does exactly what its designed to do.
Note: I see a lot of people complaining about stomach issues with this product. The culprit hands down is Xylitol. Xylitol is excellent health wise, but it ALWAYS takes time for your body to adjust to it if you are not accustomed to it. I wish the people at Natures Way would provide this information on the container. The best way to get used to xylitol is to introduce it in small increments for the first week. Add more each day. Start with a small amount, and day by day increase till you have the full shake serving. If you dont do this you will likely feel really sick from it. It may even feel like food poisoning if you overdo it. The symptoms of too much xylitol are farting, bloating, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. However if you introduce the shake slowly you will likely avoid ALL of those symptoms.
Also... Xylitol will have a sugar cleansing effect on your system. This can manifest as intense sugar cravings for the first week or so into using the shake as directed (along with the gas and bloating). The xylitol in this shake literally kills candida (sugar-eating bacteria in your gut). I would recommend cutting sugar completely out of your diet while using this product. I know thats really hard for some people to achieve, but sugar IS the culprit behind most weight gain issues... As well as what will make your discomfort worse while adjusting to this shake.... That and processed packaged foods. If you cut out sugar, you will absolutely and effortlessly lose weight, and quickly. Sugar is also a drug. So you do go through actual mood swings and withdrawals when you first start cutting sugar out of your diet. But hang in there, it should go away within one week, and you will rebalance. I have studied the effects of sugar on the body and brain for 20 years.
A little bit about xylitol: You can do your own research, but as to the benefits of xylitol, they are... Prevention of tooth decay, tastes exactly like sugar, thickens epidermis leading to looking young longer (sort of like internal retin-a) safe for diabetics, etc. I personally love xylitol... I think its a miracle. I brush my teeth with it, use it as mouthwash, I put it in baked gods, chai tea, etc. As I said... dont be lazy... do your own research and come to your own conclusions.
Lastly, I'd like to add that while this is relatively healthy as far as shakes go, in the rare times I can afford it I also buy Miracle Reds and Miracle Greens (high quality powdered fruits and veggies and supplements) and I add a scoop of each to this shake. Doing this makes this shake my absolute favorite solution and if I could, I would do this all the time and use this shake always. It rounds out the meal and turns this shake from a simple weight loss tool into a very nutrient rich meal. However, this is a really expensive way to go. If you can afford it, I highly recommend doing this.
55 comments| 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2014
I see there is controversy in these reviews about how people are paid to write good reviews. Well, I am a real person trying this product! I just have to let everybody know that this stuff is amazing. It is only my first week of using it but so far so good. I made a protein shake with it this morning with plain, real, yogurt, light vanilla almond milk and a banana and it tastes so good! Without the banana it tastes like a chocolate milkshake! It really curbs my appetite and is a low calorie meal substitute! I really suggest giving this stuff a try :)
on October 6, 2015
There are so many reviews for so many shakes that I decided to order a few different products. I got this, Nature's Bounty, EAS Lean, and Gold Standard whey protein powder. My goal is weight loss, and I figured even if I didn't like them, I'd drink them anyway. None of them taste like a pizza or ice cream - nor did I expect them to. And none of them tasted very good with water. The Gold Standard dissolves the best with a spoon and tastes really good BUT, as I said, my goal is weight loss. This helped with hunger but doesn't really work as a meal replacement on it's own. If your goal is weight loss and you want to drink a couple shakes instead of meals, a protein powder doesn't cut it. With a snack or as a supplement it'd be my first choice. Metabolic Reset filled me up for the longest and tasted the best followed by Nature's Bounty. Both need to mixed with a blender or shaker bottle. The Metabolic Reset foams up and doubles in size and is kind of like a melted Frosty. Nature's Bounty doesn't froth up. That's just a matter of preference. I like both but lean towards the frothy. I mix mine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, I only eat a small and healthy meal once a day (I need to lose 60 lbs) and I've lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks -only gone on 2 walks because of endless rain in my area. I doubt I'll sustain this rate but it's been the jump-start I needed to get motivated!
on March 24, 2015
this product has truly increase my metabolism...I see that others are saying that it controls hunger...but I was taught that when your metabolism is working right...you should be hungry more often...because your metabolism is burning off what you have ate...you should eat about 5 times a day about every 2 to 3 hours....so this is what I have experienced that my metabolism has sped up..that I am eating more but I am eating healthy...so I always make sure that I have some healthy item on me that I can snack on when I do feel hunger coming on....its call reset metabolism...and that what this product has done for me it reset my metabolism that I am eating the right amount of food each day...
on April 19, 2017
I was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, mostly because I have gained too much weight. Since this product has a low glycemic index, it does not raise my blood sugar. And I am not eating as much because this shake makes you feel full. This helps keep me away from sugar and carbs. I have lost 15 pounds in the month I have been using this. My blood sugar is near normal now and I don't take any meds for my diabetes. I drink about 1 1/2 shakes a day. (I drink 4 oz after every small healthy meal and it makes me feel full like I've eaten a big meal) I love that it also has a lot of vitamins and minerals.
on May 27, 2015
I got this for husband and I and consider ourselves both very healthy (eat clean) and exercise 4-6 days a week. We hit this plateau after kiddos and just couldn't shake the last 10lbs of fun weight. This has absolutely helped us kickstart weight loss again and surprisingly very fast.

Highly recommend this product.

PROS:
- Tastes great (I personally like the chocolate better, but this is a great vanilla flavor, not too sweet at all and no protein-ish taste)
- Easy to mix isn't clumpy
- FILLS YOU UP big time and for approx 4-6 hours, for a meal replacement it does it's job and then some
- Fast shipping
- Cheapest price I have found online thus far
- Gives you energy and makes you feel overall just better
- Lose weight quite fast

CONS:
- The only "con" I can say is like most other reviews give it a few weeks for your body to adjust. It can make you gassy and bloated feeling. These symptoms go away - muscle through it...it's worth it. Take gas X or some sort of gas reducing pill and it helps tremendously through the adjustment
phase.

If you are interested in trying something new, meal replacement, and to lose weight...Give this product a try, it's amazing!
on October 10, 2014
First the stats: Started using RESET 65 days ago, Lost 34 pounds.

How I lost 34 pounds: One shake for breakfast and one shake for lunch and a moderate dinner. I have lost and gained weight over the years and this is by far the easiest diet plan I have done. I absolutely do not exercise and I still manage to lose weight. These shakes really do a good job of curbing my appetite. My morning shake is 1 cup almond milk two scoops of vanilla Reset and a handful of frozen blueberries. For lunch I just use water with my shakes.

As many other reviewers have complained about stomach aches, I too had pains the first week. I almost gave up using this, but I decided to trudge on. After about a week and a half, my body seemed to adjust and my stomach pains went away. But the gas aftereffect has not gone away. For me a small price for an easy way to lose weight.

My goal is to lose 65 pounds, I am past the half way mark. I give two thumbs up for this product.
on June 14, 2017
I have been using this product for a couple of years and for some reason I really don't recall if there was a direct association by me at the time when I had a previous weight loss while using this product. But, I have recently started using it again and the results are so good that one of my doctors has reccomended that I talk with my Endocrinologist about stopping all of the medication that I am using for type 2 diabetes. Totally from 2014 until now June 2017 I have lost 49 pounds. In the beginning I used this product along with exercise to help achive my goal. But this year starting in April, I just used this product with a lot of walking and portion control and I went from 186lbs. to the lowest of 168.4 in just over 4 weeks. I really thing that if I choose to continue this diet using this product, I should incorporate not only walking, but also weight training to build up my muscles and tighten everything up. Some people say that the quick weight loss makes me look sickly, but there are some that say that I look really good and I still say that I really wast to get down to the weight that my BMI say that I should weigh according with my height. I have also decided to only eat when I am hungry. And I refuse to allow myself to be a person to eat when something makes me depressed. That only makes matters worst. I really and truly recommend this product for anyone wanting to not only change the way they look but also to better their health.
on March 21, 2016
I love this shake! I've lost so much weight without even trying and it tastes great. I blend it with ice, skim milk, strawberries, banannas, and a little bit of yogurt. Not only does it taste great, it boots your energy through the day and helps you control bad eating habits. Its only downfall is that the jar is only 1/2 full when you get it so it runs out pretty fast and you have to order it like once every week and a half or two weeks. It ships so fast and its inexpensive, I cant complain.
on March 15, 2015
I love Amazon and order frequently from this site. Most stuff u love some u don't. But this is the first time I've been compelled to write a review. I had high hopes! The shake reviews were all so positive. I've tried many shakes which are mainly from whole foods and the vitamin shoppe. I wanted something with low calories that would keep me full and stabilize my blood sugar. I drank two vanilla shakes one in the am and one in the afternoon both using the recommended serving.
This shake did keep me full actually much better than anything I've ever tried. So I was excited even though the ingredients arnt the best.. (I'd only planned to use it for a month to drop a few lbs). ooooooh boy!
The bad:
1. It's not very palatable ( I can tolerate most things, i drink straight green juice every morning) it's way too thick and frothy! But I was willing to deal with the taste until..
2. Constipation! And when I did go my poop** was as hard as a brick! I've never seen anything like it before!
I usually do great on high fiber foods.. But this was very different
Scared me..
Never again...
Save your money..

Update*** Amazon was very generous and gave me a refund without having to return it! Thanks Amazon!