Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 761 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 827 reviews
on December 20, 2013
If you choose this shake, you should seriously consider removing all sugar from your diet while you are using it. More on that later. I was given this by my sister when she decided she didnt like it (she was getting rid of anything with soy in it... apparently this product contains soy lecithen). I am a healthy weight and very active 39 year old female. I thought this would be a great thing for me to try drinking before my early morning walks with my dog as I always came back from these walks famished and low blood sugar, dizzy, etc. This tasted DELICIOUS (I got vanilla) and after one week my jeans were too loose! I wasnt even trying to lose weight. I felt so good that not only was I walking my dog at dawn, I was dancing half the time (no joke). This shake ended up being my gateway to including meal replacement shakes in my diet on a daily basis for the past 2 years. I did tons of research and bought Ultimate Meal, Raw Meal, Vega One, etc.
Ultimate Meal and Raw Meal are staples in my pantry now. But I am adding Metabolic Reset back in to my rotation because of its superior effects on my metabolism and weight maintenance. My dirty secret is that I had been a closet smoker for 20 years and recently quit. I was dismayed and shocked when none of my jeans fit over my hips two weeks into quitting. I never had weight issues in my life till now! Can barely wait to start back on Metabolic Reset as I am certain it is good arsenal to have in my tool kit to keep my weight down and help me feel energized. This is a fantastic shake, in my opinion, and far better tasting than any other Ive tried. It does exactly what its designed to do.
Note: I see a lot of people complaining about stomach issues with this product. The culprit hands down is Xylitol. Xylitol is excellent health wise, but it ALWAYS takes time for your body to adjust to it if you are not accustomed to it. I wish the people at Natures Way would provide this information on the container. The best way to get used to xylitol is to introduce it in small increments for the first week. Add more each day. Start with a small amount, and day by day increase till you have the full shake serving. If you dont do this you will likely feel really sick from it. It may even feel like food poisoning if you overdo it. The symptoms of too much xylitol are farting, bloating, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. However if you introduce the shake slowly you will likely avoid ALL of those symptoms.
Also... Xylitol will have a sugar cleansing effect on your system. This can manifest as intense sugar cravings for the first week or so into using the shake as directed (along with the gas and bloating). The xylitol in this shake literally kills candida (sugar-eating bacteria in your gut). I would recommend cutting sugar completely out of your diet while using this product. I know thats really hard for some people to achieve, but sugar IS the culprit behind most weight gain issues... As well as what will make your discomfort worse while adjusting to this shake.... That and processed packaged foods. If you cut out sugar, you will absolutely and effortlessly lose weight, and quickly. Sugar is also a drug. So you do go through actual mood swings and withdrawals when you first start cutting sugar out of your diet. But hang in there, it should go away within one week, and you will rebalance. I have studied the effects of sugar on the body and brain for 20 years.
A little bit about xylitol: You can do your own research, but as to the benefits of xylitol, they are... Prevention of tooth decay, tastes exactly like sugar, thickens epidermis leading to looking young longer (sort of like internal retin-a) safe for diabetics, etc. I personally love xylitol... I think its a miracle. I brush my teeth with it, use it as mouthwash, I put it in baked gods, chai tea, etc. As I said... dont be lazy... do your own research and come to your own conclusions.
Lastly, I'd like to add that while this is relatively healthy as far as shakes go, in the rare times I can afford it I also buy Miracle Reds and Miracle Greens (high quality powdered fruits and veggies and supplements) and I add a scoop of each to this shake. Doing this makes this shake my absolute favorite solution and if I could, I would do this all the time and use this shake always. It rounds out the meal and turns this shake from a simple weight loss tool into a very nutrient rich meal. However, this is a really expensive way to go. If you can afford it, I highly recommend doing this.
55 comments| 217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2015
There are so many reviews for so many shakes that I decided to order a few different products. I got this, Nature's Bounty, EAS Lean, and Gold Standard whey protein powder. My goal is weight loss, and I figured even if I didn't like them, I'd drink them anyway. None of them taste like a pizza or ice cream - nor did I expect them to. And none of them tasted very good with water. The Gold Standard dissolves the best with a spoon and tastes really good BUT, as I said, my goal is weight loss. This helped with hunger but doesn't really work as a meal replacement on it's own. If your goal is weight loss and you want to drink a couple shakes instead of meals, a protein powder doesn't cut it. With a snack or as a supplement it'd be my first choice. Metabolic Reset filled me up for the longest and tasted the best followed by Nature's Bounty. Both need to mixed with a blender or shaker bottle. The Metabolic Reset foams up and doubles in size and is kind of like a melted Frosty. Nature's Bounty doesn't froth up. That's just a matter of preference. I like both but lean towards the frothy. I mix mine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, I only eat a small and healthy meal once a day (I need to lose 60 lbs) and I've lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks -only gone on 2 walks because of endless rain in my area. I doubt I'll sustain this rate but it's been the jump-start I needed to get motivated!
on January 28, 2014
I see there is controversy in these reviews about how people are paid to write good reviews. Well, I am a real person trying this product! I just have to let everybody know that this stuff is amazing. It is only my first week of using it but so far so good. I made a protein shake with it this morning with plain, real, yogurt, light vanilla almond milk and a banana and it tastes so good! Without the banana it tastes like a chocolate milkshake! It really curbs my appetite and is a low calorie meal substitute! I really suggest giving this stuff a try :)
on May 27, 2015
I got this for husband and I and consider ourselves both very healthy (eat clean) and exercise 4-6 days a week. We hit this plateau after kiddos and just couldn't shake the last 10lbs of fun weight. This has absolutely helped us kickstart weight loss again and surprisingly very fast.

Highly recommend this product.

PROS:
- Tastes great (I personally like the chocolate better, but this is a great vanilla flavor, not too sweet at all and no protein-ish taste)
- Easy to mix isn't clumpy
- FILLS YOU UP big time and for approx 4-6 hours, for a meal replacement it does it's job and then some
- Fast shipping
- Cheapest price I have found online thus far
- Gives you energy and makes you feel overall just better
- Lose weight quite fast

CONS:
- The only "con" I can say is like most other reviews give it a few weeks for your body to adjust. It can make you gassy and bloated feeling. These symptoms go away - muscle through it...it's worth it. Take gas X or some sort of gas reducing pill and it helps tremendously through the adjustment
phase.

If you are interested in trying something new, meal replacement, and to lose weight...Give this product a try, it's amazing!
on March 24, 2015
this product has truly increase my metabolism...I see that others are saying that it controls hunger...but I was taught that when your metabolism is working right...you should be hungry more often...because your metabolism is burning off what you have ate...you should eat about 5 times a day about every 2 to 3 hours....so this is what I have experienced that my metabolism has sped up..that I am eating more but I am eating healthy...so I always make sure that I have some healthy item on me that I can snack on when I do feel hunger coming on....its call reset metabolism...and that what this product has done for me it reset my metabolism that I am eating the right amount of food each day...
on October 10, 2014
First the stats: Started using RESET 65 days ago, Lost 34 pounds.

How I lost 34 pounds: One shake for breakfast and one shake for lunch and a moderate dinner. I have lost and gained weight over the years and this is by far the easiest diet plan I have done. I absolutely do not exercise and I still manage to lose weight. These shakes really do a good job of curbing my appetite. My morning shake is 1 cup almond milk two scoops of vanilla Reset and a handful of frozen blueberries. For lunch I just use water with my shakes.

As many other reviewers have complained about stomach aches, I too had pains the first week. I almost gave up using this, but I decided to trudge on. After about a week and a half, my body seemed to adjust and my stomach pains went away. But the gas aftereffect has not gone away. For me a small price for an easy way to lose weight.

My goal is to lose 65 pounds, I am past the half way mark. I give two thumbs up for this product.
on April 19, 2017
I was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, mostly because I have gained too much weight. Since this product has a low glycemic index, it does not raise my blood sugar. And I am not eating as much because this shake makes you feel full. This helps keep me away from sugar and carbs. I have lost 15 pounds in the month I have been using this. My blood sugar is near normal now and I don't take any meds for my diabetes. I drink about 1 1/2 shakes a day. (I drink 4 oz after every small healthy meal and it makes me feel full like I've eaten a big meal) I love that it also has a lot of vitamins and minerals.
on March 21, 2016
I love this shake! I've lost so much weight without even trying and it tastes great. I blend it with ice, skim milk, strawberries, banannas, and a little bit of yogurt. Not only does it taste great, it boots your energy through the day and helps you control bad eating habits. Its only downfall is that the jar is only 1/2 full when you get it so it runs out pretty fast and you have to order it like once every week and a half or two weeks. It ships so fast and its inexpensive, I cant complain.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon March 21, 2016
I'm about to get real with y'all. I REALLY wanted to give this more stars because it works quite well at curbing hunger and keeping you full, better than most others I've tried, and the taste is good, especially with skim milk and half a frozen banana mixed in! Unfortunately I had to stop buying it after a few tubs because of THE GAS. At first I thought my system just needed to adjust to it so I gave it a few weeks but it was BAD, so I started taking Beano with the shakes and that helped but it still wasn't enough, so I started taking TWO Beano with each shake and the gas I had because of this stuff was still out of control! I've never been so gassy in my life! I wanted to keep going with this shake because I liked the taste and how well it worked to keep me full but I couldn't live with the bloating and gas anymore!!!! It did the same thing to my husband. He stuck with it longer than I did but eventually had to stop for the same reason. HOLY COW people. Keep looking for another shake mix. Strangers riding the elevator with you will thank you! UPDATE: Just in case you're still looking I thought it might be helpful to note what shake powder I ended up going with. I am now using Lean Shake and am very happy with it. It costs more (I bought it directly from the company), but it works really well, has a great taste and the gas problem is gone.
on March 30, 2016
This stuff tastes terrible... Have to put it with milk to even be able to drink it. It says water but would highly suggest not doing that if you want to be able to drink more than a sip.