Nature's Wisdom Food Grade DE Diatomaceous Earth, 10 lb.
|Price:||$17.99 + $12.94 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Organic Gardening and Supplement
- Not for Sale in California
- 100 Persent Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (Fossil Shell Flour)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Weight||10 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||DE-10|
|Package Height||6.6 x 14.8 x 15 inches|
|Shipping Weight||10.8 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
Bed bugs are very tenacious insects and they show signs of climbing the learning curve. You're going to have to annihilate them or they'll come back. Getting rid of them involves work and commitment. Fortunately, once you finally get rid of them, they're loathe to return. Diatomaceous earth will get the job done but if you want to succeed you have to be smarter and more persistent than the bed bugs.
I first learned we had bed bugs when I saw something like a brown pill bug, but a lot faster, charging at me across the sheets. I squashed it and it exploded in a dime sized blood stain. I realized to my disgust that we had bed bugs - and that was the reason for the small red marks on my wife's and my arms and legs. We had what I'd consider a small to moderate infestation - maybe 200 bed bugs total (for every full grown adult you see there are about ten smaller ones in various stages of development). We learned a few things along the way:
1) Forget about pesticides. PESTICIDES DON'T WORK WITH BED BUGS! Bug spray doesn't work. Bug bombs don't work. Pesticides just drive them into hiding... for a while.
2) Alcohol kills them, but only a few at a time. The survivors scamper off into more remote hiding places. Extreme cold kills them too but has to be applied in such a way that none are missed. Heat kills them VERY well. Bed bugs can't stand temps above 115 F for more than fifteen minutes. Exterminators are now using 200,000 BTU heaters to heat houses, apartments and rooms to 140 F for an hour. Bed bugs can run but they can't hide from heat.Read more ›
- It's GOOD to FOLLOW ADVISE about the D.E. when dealing with parasites; which is as follows - "WORK UP TO a Tablespoon a day & THEN a Tablespoon 2xs per day. You can do 3xs per day or more if you feel a need, but you be the gauge. I didn't listen and took about 1 1/2 Tablespoons the very first go round. I'm extremely lucky I didn't receive damage internally from the burrowing of the parasites. Don't do what I did - No need to shock 'em into chaos. Just quietly kill them before they know what hit 'em. - Again.... Following directions is a Good Thing :).
Here's some of the benefits I've personally received from consuming D.E.:
1) Parasites - It worked incredibly well (no other weird experiences with the D.E. after that first dose by the way - I DON'T WANT TO DETER ANYONE FROM USING IT - It was a key component to my ridding of those lil' buggers and getting well). I also took "ParaPure" herbal tincture and some occasional "Bloodroot" in-between rest times for the "ParaPure". These herbal items were not added until after being on the D.E. for about 2 weeks, so I KNOW the D.E. works well on it's own merit.Read more ›
Please don't take my word for any of the particulars - you can research that yourself as I did. But what I CAN tell you is that this stuff really worked to end my problem. Once I threw away pillows and put everything I owned through a dryer cycle or out in the hot sun, I treated my entire place with D.E. I bought small bottles meant for hair dye at a beauty supply - they have a tapered nozzle. I then squirted the stuff along the entire perimeter of every room. I put it in between the drawers in my furniture,between my mattress and box spring and under my couch cushions.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Use this in and around my chickens, works great for nasty bugs like lice, mites or fleas. I don't have to worry about it making my animals sick or hurting them in any way. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Truckn Nana
Home run with this product. Yes, it's a lot of work to keep applying but it actually works and its worth the time and effort.Published 8 days ago by Lori
I read many articles about using this for a supplement for better hair, deworming pets and ear mites. After one use and two days my kitties ears were ear mites free. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Beth Chevalier
Doesn't work well for mites so don't believe it if they say it willPublished 26 days ago by Tina W.
I bought this in combo with boric acid to help with our flea infestation. The two together seem to do a really great job mixed inside a puffer to apply all around the floor, in... Read morePublished 29 days ago by Mx. Andy P.