Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on May 17, 2015
I started out as a skeptic (with picture)
If you’ve been coloring your hair for as long as I have, you tend to look at the box-top swatches as—at best—a source of amusement. And, at worst, solid legal grounds for a false advertising claim. Which is to say, the color on the top of the box is never, ever, what you end up with.
I’m surprised to say that the swatch on top of the Hazelnut Blonde by Naturatint nailed the color right on the head (pun intended). I’m attaching an image of my results.
My natural color is dishwater blond which pulls toward red. Like so many blondes, my hair has darkened significantly over the years. Like an addict chasing a high, I’ve been trying to get back to my “natural color.”
Over the years, I’ve had general success with the usual brands like L’Oreal and Revlon Colorsilk. I would use one of those as a base and then add in bleach highlights. Lately though, I’ve been trying to avoid products that contain harsh chemicals and ingredients that I can’t pronounce.
So, I researched Henna, Cassia, and other natural dyes. I tested Cassia and it did nothing. After reading more about Henna, I knew that wouldn’t work because of my tendency to go red. I don’t want red hair.

Given all the rave reviews of Naturatint, I decided to give this one a try. But I was very, very skeptical.

It works. Amazing. It covered the grays, which my old brands couldn’t seem to do very well.

I let it sit for 40 minutes then rinsed it out. Like others have said, there is no unpleasant smell with this product. I have thick hair, so next time, I will have to purchase two boxes. One box was barely enough to cover and not enough to completely saturate each strand. This is about three times more expensive than my old brands, but about 5 times more worth it. I couldn’t wait to purchase it, so I bought it at Sprouts for $16. Next time, I’ll buy it here on Amazon.
I hope they don’t stop making this color!
review image
11 comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 13, 2016
I thought I had already written a review for this product but I can't seem to locate it. I think I originally gave it 2 stars because of the intensity of the color, however, I have since changed my mind...and given it a 1 star fail for me. The color was intense, but...as far as being so natural I received the worst allergic reaction after doing a test in the crook of my arm with no reaction...I went ahead and applied it to my hair...my neck and forehead broke out in a rash and my eyes, nose, ears and lymph nodes were really swollen. At this point I am reaccessing if I'll use hair dyes again.

December 3, 2016 Update :The Swelling has subsided but, I'm still experiencing itching from this product it expanded from my scalp and surrounding area to all over body itching. I checked to see what a medical professional could do...antihistamine etc. Overthecounter things I myself can do. I read some symptoms can last for weeks...the biggest concern is problems breathing (anaphylaxis)...haven't experienced that....I'll give it a little more time and then I'll see my doctor. I give this product 0...It's has what I've discovered is a chemical PPD in it and as far as I'm concerned...Products containing this chemical should be banned...after researching I've found a few people have actually died from hair dye containing this chemical.
review imagereview image
66 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2014
I love this brand - it doesn't dry my hair out like other boxed color tends to. The color is very dark for the first week, but then mellows out and stays in my hair way longer than I would expect. I usually use the light chestnut brown which gives my ashy brown hair a nice auburn look. I tried the light copper chestnut hoping to get just a little more copper tone. It has a little bit of a maroon hue mixed in with the copper - not what I was expecting. It still looks nice though. In my experience, the light copper chestnut has more of a true copper color to it, with more of a natural look (at least on my hair!)
on January 27, 2017
Went on more red and I needed two boxes for my not quite shoulder length hair. There are so many ammonia free products out there now, I will try others before trying this one again. But it goes on easily, little mess, almost no odor, and solid support via the manufacturer website.
on January 10, 2018
I was shocked with delight ... this is so gentle. How can a hair color be so non toxic? It was so much easier to wash off my hair, too. Pure joy. The problem was gray coverage. It lasts half as long for me, maybe not even, compared to Nice N Easy. I am in a major dilemma because I loved everything else about this. I am going to try 5N next and hopefully that will be it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2015
The brand was recommended by a friend who is a hairstylist. My wife is using it for 5 years now and is absolutely happy with the coverage of greys and the way the hair feels afterwards. When changing from a darker hue back to a lighter one, her hairstylist had no problem stripping the color for her. She loves it and in fact recommended it to friends.
on August 28, 2014
Its all I use so its all I know. It matches my natural hair color perfectly so I got lucky. I do leave it on longer than the recommended time to ensure the dye gets into my grey hair otherwise it doesn't fully penetrate. Been using the stuff for at least 3 years successfully. Because I'm a man, I can split the bottles and use it twice for each purchase. Just don't mix the bottles together and save half. They have to remain in separate containers and mixed only just before use.
on March 5, 2016
Ever since becoming Vegan I have been in search of a new Hair Dye. A good vegan hair dye is very difficult to find so when I came across this one on Amazon I was eager to try it. I used the Dark Blonde and the color came out perfectly. I also was amazed at how soft it left my hair when I was done using it. My hair has never felt better. I have already purchased more of these so I have them on hand when I am ready to Dye my hair again. The Conditioner that comes with this is so amazing. I would use it every day. It leaves your hair feeling so soft. It has lasted just as long as a Salon Color for me.If you are looking for a Vegan, Cruelty Free Hair Dye definitely give this Naturtint Permanent Color a try.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 5, 2016
Really disappointed with this stuff. Payed £12 for a 'natural' hair dye which in fact contains 3 of the most toxic chemicals in it (which I'm allergic too), this explains why the ingredients aren't listed on the box. Don't buy if you're trying to find a hair dye completely chemical free! Bad allergic reactions- my skin test after 12 hours
review image
11 comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 14, 2014
I have tried a couple of other "natural" brands, and they were either incredibly messy and inconvenient, or they destroyed my hair. Naturtint, however, has worked perfectly for me. There is almost no odor, the color is very natural looking, it covers the gray, and my hair feels nice and full afterwards. A note before you order: The colors tend to be darker than their names. For example, my hair is light brown, but I use the Dark Blonde shade. (Just use the hair color of the model on the box as a reference and not the name.)