Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch with Orange Resin Band
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on August 16, 2010
First off just to clear thing up: the watch that you get is NOT the watch in the amazon photos but is the watch in reviewer Pimentón's photos. Just a head's up. What you get is a big, sharp chronograph with a great, clear face and a thick eye catching band to match. The orange stands out and the face is stunning. I've been getting compliments on this watch from the minute I strapped it on. In the course of the first week owning it it has been in a pool, Lake George, Coney Island and a hot tub. Not a single problem to report. It's a great summer watch. I'm strongly considering getting the blue face/band one for the non-summer months. Yeah, it's that good.

Edit: It seems as though Amazon has corrected their photo issue. Good work guys.
on July 12, 2009
This watch is very good value and many people have asked "how much was that?" When I explained they were amazed and thought it looked very much more expensive!!
One draw back however, the rubber starp is very difficult to keep clean, any dirt that you may collect on the strap from normal daily wearing is almost impossible to clean off!!??? And it shows! ANy ideas on what will shift it??
on April 26, 2011
I am very fussy when it comes to watches.
I really liked the color scheme on the orange chrono and in reality it is just as it looks online.

The watch is lovely and has a good weight but I just don't understand how the strap gets dirty so fast.

This is really irritating and I'd have considered differently about buying it had i known that the strap would start to look
dirty after 20 min wear. (and that's in the office with a suit on, not outdoor work).

if anyone can recommend an effective method of cleaning the strap that would be a good start.

great watch, but the strap is a real downside.
on February 21, 2011
I love this watch but the only draw back is, the orange band gets DIRTY and there is nothing that you can clean it w/!!! Remedy.........get a new band!!! But other than that the watch is great so far!! I still have the orig.band on it. I figure that I will wear it and see what the band looks like later during the summer.The wear and dirt may develop it's own look n style....who knows, but if it gets to nasty I will get a new Band!!!!

L.Thomas
West Chester,Pa.
VINE VOICEon October 12, 2014
The Nautica Men’s Stainless Steel Watch is functional, comfortable to wear, and looks good on the wrist. It is the largest watch I have ever owned 5.3 centimeters in diameter, 14 millimeters thick. It has a bezel that turns counter clockwise with its surface marked in 5 minute segments of 60 total minutes. The first 15 minutes have individual minute marks. I am a runner, and I use the white jewel in the bezel to start “clock time” (gun time) in distance races. The black face of the watch has three orange dials: 24 hour dial, sweeping second hand dial, and minute display chronometer dial. The white time hands are wide and easy to view under lighted conditions. I was very disappointed in the luminescence of the time hands. I simply cannot tell the time in dark conditions. The numeral hash marks on the face are only faintly visible in the dark.

The chronometer is good with a large sweeping red second hand on top of the time hands. The controls on the right side of the watch are very good. The top button activates the chronometer. Pushing it starts the second hand and chronometer minute hand with an audible click and a tactile snap. In a race, I can tell the stop watch has been activated without checking the watch face. This is important for starting “bib time” (racing bibs have individual electronic strips that are monitored by sensors on the race course) at the start of the race when attention has to be paid to the mass of other runners moving over the sensors at the start line. It often takes a minute or two after the gun fires to reach the sensors. A point of criticism is that the minute dial of the chronometer shows only 5 minute increments on its 60 minute dial not individual minutes. You can tell the elapsed time to the minute and second after the race but not accurately while moving. The large setting control in the middle is protected by two extensions from the main watch case. It screws tightly closed to make the watch water resistant up to 100 meters. By unscrewing the round knob, the date can be set by pulling it one click out and of the time can be set by pulling it two clicks out. The bottom button on the side of the watch is red and functions as a Chronometer stop with one press (it does not click) and reset with two presses.

A black inner band just below the bezel is a “Tachymeter.” It uses the chronometer second sweep hand to measure high speeds over a fixed distance, particularly a mile on the highway, race track, or drag strip. With simple calculations by the user, speed over shorter distances can be measured by the tachymeter.

The watch is large but comfortable to wear. It has an orange rubber band that does not irritate my wrist even though I wear the watch day and night except for showering. Because of the two important criticisms from my point of view, I give the watch a 4 star rating.
on December 18, 2010
I like how this watch looks and feels on the hand. However, the wrist band gets dirty during normal daily use and is impossible to clean it up. I tried various soaps, alcohol, and lighter fluid. I tried almost anything that came across my mind, just name it. It was so annoying that I stopped wearing it after 2 weeks. Now I have nice looking watch with horrible wrist band sitting in my drawer. 2 stars for huge disappointment. If you are fussy about your wrist band (as I am), stay away from bright coloured ones.
on June 27, 2010
This Nautica watch is suppossed to resist water exposure but when I was on my pool for about a few hours it creates humidity in the central inside part of it. I dont know if it is a manufacture problem but it happens every time its exposed to water.
on July 3, 2013
I love this watch, what first attracted me was the orange color.
The design its awesome and its an all round watch.
Its great, I love that fact that I go to the beach and I don't have to take it off, everyone at work loves the watch and it has all the neat stuff that comes with a Chronograph watch.
on October 17, 2011
If you like a sporty watch that looks sharp, feels great, and performs well in water, then look no further. The price of this watch has varied as much as $35 or $40 in either direction of the current listing price.

The watch wears well and turns some heads because of its sharp design and striking color. Comfortable to wear, the important parts of the face will glow in the dark. All in all, a winner for the price!
on December 11, 2015
Good looking watch. Arrived with dead battery therefore can't rate entirely on watch function itself. Sent for replacement. Replacement was rolling around in large amazin box with no watch box papers or padding plus battery was dead again. Returned item