Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 20, 2010
I am a careful and very selective shopper. I went to at least 5 different sport equipment sellers to examine exercise bikes. I deeply searched the Internet and did all the comparisons I could. I settled on the Nautilus R514 as it suited my preferences best. There was an almost identical Schwinn (same manufacturer) that lacked a fan and some of the programing Nautilus provided, so I paid the extra for this model. Very pleased with this product; no regrets. Allow a few hours to assemble unless you have help. Assemble after you move the pieces to the use location.
on May 7, 2015
Shipping box was really beat up, and some parts were bouncing around loose inside, but the unit went together well and worked perfectly - except for the built-in pulse monitor which is a joke. Works great with a Polar transmitter though. Seat adjustment is a bit awkward, but once I figured out you can just pull the knob to move the seat, it made it easier.
on May 21, 2012
Not too difficult to assemble, it just takes some time. Flywheel got jammed in shipment so I called customer service. Technician was out within a few days to repair. This bike is great for a cardo workout. What I like best about it is that it does not stress your knees. My friend also has one and he was able to rehabilitate his knee without having knee replacement surgery. He now runs up stairs two at a time with no pain. 6 months ago the doctors were telling him he needed knee replacement surgery. Do some research online and you will find other similar cases. I shopped around and Amazon's price was the best.
on March 12, 2013
I purchased the Nautilus R514 Recumbent bike based on all the positive reviews. I must say I was not disappointed.
Amazon shipped the bike very fast and had no issues even though the box had lots of damage.
The bike was easy to assemble and the instructions were very easy to follow.
Total assembly time was 45 minutes and I was able to do it by myself.
I am extremely pleased with how quite and smooth the bike rides.
I have owned the bike for 2 months now without any problems.
I would recommend this bike to anyone.
on October 18, 2012
Had initial problems because the fly wheel got shifted during the shipping process. The package boxes was slightly damaged, but the machine was in good shape. Putting it together was a bit tedious, but not a problem. Contacted Nautilus and got very helpful advice and email instructions on how to fix the problem, but had to wait 5 days to get the tool to fix it. After taking it apart which was a pain, the machine works great. I could have had a technician come and fix it, but didn't want to wait 7 to 10 days. I am mechanically adapt and found it a challenge to repair.
on February 16, 2013
I am disabled vet it is the most fun I have had exercising I have hd in years. I can use the VA hospital for therapy but don't drive as much as I used to. This bike is perfect for me I sit turn on the TV an set the computer on the bike an it keeps me going. The fan is also a nice thing to have. The number one thing was the price could not get a nautilus for this price shipping also free. I think amazon has something at great prices,but you should still shop around do not take my word. Think for your self in every thing you do in life.
on January 23, 2012
I am very happy with the Nautilus R514 Exercise Bike. I researched a few of the recumbent bikes on amazon because I wanted free delivery considering the weight and size of the bike. Firstly, I understand now why it is 119 pounds and in one package. The assembly was not a problem, as I did most of it myself. My husband helped me with attaching the seat to the main bar. This is the part where you need someone to hold the seat and connect the heart monitor cables together. Other than that, I did the rest on my own. I don't know how much time it took because I didn't think that it was so important as to just get it right the first time. I lost a screw (still haven't found it), but I found a replacement at a local large orange hardware store. That did concern me quite a bit.
The package came beat up like it had been tossed around by machete-wheeling warriors. I know the UPS driver that happened to deliver the package, so I helped her get it off of her cart and in front of my door. She noted there were holes in the package. One big one was near the console box. Everything is fine, works very well.
I like the bike itself. The seat is firm. I think that if I change my position (I tend to sit not all the way back), it helps relieve some of the stiffness. I'm 35 and of average weight (140's). But I like the shape of the seat, which is something I wanted to see before I bought one. But I get no neck pain, no wrist pain, no back pain as this is the main benefit of a recumbent versus an upright. Looking at the quality of what one gets versus a model about a hundred dollars cheaper, I am happy I went with this one. If you assemble it properly and occasionally tighten the seat (I did a couple of days ago as I think I may not have tightened enough as I found out), it is VERY quiet (which is the biggest thing for me since my husband sleeps much longer in the mornings than I do). However, it does do some loud beeping when you plug it in and push any button. It's annoying to have to set the custom workout. So the main thing is you will be very happy as long as you follow all of the instructions for assembling and setting up your user profile. You won't get as much data if you don't set it up, so it's best to be patient with the whole thing.
on April 1, 2013
I like the 514 have had no trouble with it, assembles easily. There are a couple of things you could change to improve the machine.The release to slide the seat would be more convenient located in front under the seat like some of the more expensive commercial machines. Also the handle bars can be mounted turned up or as the instructions show down however to be able to turn them up as I like them. The heart wire needs to be moved a little to make it more convenient also. It would be very easy to change that so you could mount it either way.
on February 14, 2013
I purchased this Nautilus R514 based on the recommendations of other purchasers in Amazon. This product is well engineered and operates extremely smoothly. Took me, alone, about 5 hours to assemble. Instructions are reasonably clear, logical and easy to follow. Only one set of 4 machine screws was mismarked, but since this was at the end of assembly the situation resolved itself. The electronics works well, especially the resistance feature. I would recommend this machine to anybody.
on October 2, 2013
This is a nice bike and a good value. I'm not crazy about the location of the cord that has to be plugged in but overall a nice product. I just need to use it more!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.