Navigon 2100 max 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Text-to-Speech
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Speaks real street names via text to speech; route planning feature
- DirectHelp Information that Helps You Find Emergency and Roadside Services
- Lane Assistant and Reality View Features that Simplify Your Drive
- Easy Add-on Services--Lifetime Traffic, FreshMaps (3 years of map updates for one low price), and Zagat Ratings for 70 metropolitan areas
- 4.3-Inch Touchscreen in an ultra-slim design
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Ultra-slim and with a stunning 4.3-inch touchscreen display, the NAVIGON 2100 Max earns its name with a long list of advanced features. Exclusive Reality View provides extra 3D guidance when you need it most at complex interchanges, exits and entryways. Spoken driving directions and street names let you keep your eyes on the road. Lane Assistant alerts you to oncoming lane changes. DirectHelp helps you find emergency and roadside services—and helps them find you. Navigon also let's you seamlessly purchase and activate a number of optional services as accessories that can save you time and money. FreshMaps gives you up to 12 regular, trusted map updates for three years. Lifetime Traffic gives you traffic flow and incident information and alternate route suggestion for the life of your unit. ZAGAT Ratings and Reviews Service gives you over 21,000 ZAGAT ratings and reviews covering more than 70 cities in the U.S. and Canada.
Manufacturer's Description--May 3, 2008 Ultra-slim and with a stunning 4.3-inch touchscreen display, theNavigon 2100 Max earns its name with a long list of advanced features. Spoken driving direction in real street names via text-to-speech capability let you keep your eyes on the road. Exclusive Reality View provides extra 3D guidance when you need it most. Lane Assistant alerts you to oncoming lane changes. DirectHelp helps you find emergency and roadside services—and helpsthem find you. Add FreshMaps as an accessory to get up to 12 regular, trusted map updates for three years. Other accessories include Lifetime TrafficSM,2 and ZAGAT® Ratings and Reviews.
Navigon has long been a major provider of navigation software to automotive manufacturers for in-dash gps navigation devices, but only last year did they introduce portable navigation devices under their own name (learn more about Navigon). What they offer up, however, demonstrates immediately that this is a company that knows navigation inside and out. Navigon focuses features that directly empower navigation and on sleek form factors.
- Reality View: 3D images of highway interchanges with actual road sign text so you’ll never miss your exit again. (Learn more)
- Lane Assistant:. Icons alert you to the optimal lane to be in.(Learn more)
- Widescreen: See the big picture with a stunning, easy-to-read, 4.3-inch widescreen format.
- Spoken Directions with Text-to-Speech: keep your eyes on the road with spoken turn-by-turn directions and real street names.
- Points Of Interest: Reach gas stations, hotels, restaurants, transportation hubs, and more with millions of points of interest that will help you find your way.
- Branded icons: places are so easy to find that everywhere will feel like home.
- DirectHelp: At-a-glance information helps you find emergency and roadside services—and helps them find you. Just push a button and get instant directions and phone numbers to the nearest hospitals, police stations, roadside assistance companies and pharmacies.
Easy Add-OnsNavigon offers some unique services that are easy to add to your Navigator with a simple activation code.
- FreshMaps gives you up to 12 regular, trusted map updates for three years.
- Lifetime Traffic gives you traffic flow and incident information and alternate route suggestion for the life of your unit (included free on the 5100 and 7100 models).
- ZAGAT Ratings and Reviews Service gives you over 21,000 ZAGAT ratings and reviews covering more than 70 cities in the U.S. and Canada (included free on the 5100 and 7100 models).
Which Navigon is Right for You?
- Click here to see a chart comparing features on the entire family of Navigon portable GPS navigators
Superior Software and Hardware
|The features and functions of the Navigon's portable GPS navigators are controlled via intuitive, easy-to-use animated menus that use predictive text input to quickly and easily select your city, state and address. |
Maps and menus appear on elegant, high-contrast, full-color touch-screen displays.
Navigon portable GPS navigators run on a powerful Samsung 400 MHz processor, a fully integrated SiRF Star III GPS chip, 64 MBs of both RAM and ROM built in, and a rechargeable 1,200 mAh lithium ion battery that is rated for 4.5 hours of continuous use.
All this is housed in an ultra-thin, sleek housing.
| ||Reality View™ provides 3D images and actual road sign text when approaching complex interchanges — so you’ll never miss your exit again. |
| ||No more wondering what lane you need to be in to stay on course. Your NAVIGON will guide you with simple to follow lane guidance with arrows so you can make your turn and stay on track. |
Zagat Ratings (Requires Purchase of Activation Code)
| || |
Now you can enjoy the world's most comprehensive restaurant and entertainment guide — right on your NAVIGON GPS device. With ZAGAT's trusted Ratings and Reviews, you will know exactly where to stay and play during your travels and, with NAVIGON's guidance you will know exactly how to get there. The guide includes over 21,000 entries covering a variety of categories, including restaurants, hotels, golf courses, nightclubs and attractions in over 70 cities in the U.S. and Canada.
ZAGAT SURVEY Ratings and Reviews is a standard feature on both the 7100 and 5100 models. An additional accessory purchase is required to activate the service on the 2100 model.
What's in the Box
- NAVIGON 2100 max GPS Navigator
- SD card preloaded with software and maps of the continental US
- Rechargeable 1150 mAH lithium ion battery (rated for up to 4.5 hours)
- Car Charger
- Car Mount
- Quickstart Guide
- Limited Warranty
Note: All Navigon GPS Navigators run on the Microsoft Windows CD Net 5.0 operating system. A PC is required to use additional map data, and in such cases users require Windows 2000, ME, XP or higher, as well as a CD ROM drive and a USB port. An SD/MMC card reader is recommended as the 7100 not only uses SD cards, but also comes with a 2 GB SD card in the package.
|Screen Size (diagonally) ||Maps ||Reality View||Real Street Names ||Lane Assistant||Bluetooth||POIs||Lifetime Traffic |
|Zagat Ratings ||FreshMaps 3-Year |
Map Update Service
|2100 ||3.5 inches ||continental U.S. ||1.3 million ||Requires Activation||Requires Activation||Requires Activation|
|2120 ||3.5 inches||U.S and Canada ||1.3 million||Requires Activation||Requires Activation||Requires Activation|
|2100 Max ||4.3 inches ||continental U.S.||1.3 million||Requires Activation||Requires Activation||Requires Activation|
|5100 ||3.5 inches ||U.S and Canada||millions ||Included||Included ||Requires Activation|
|7100||4.3 inches ||U.S and Canada||millions ||Included||Included ||Requires Activation|
NAVIGON has been a leader of GPS navigation since 1991, and has a long history of industry innovations. NAVIGON created the world's first dynamic personal GPS product in 1996, launched the industry's first navigation software for the Pocket PC in 2000, and unveiled the first Traffic Message Channel-based (TMC) avoidance feature on mobile navigation product in 2002.
NAVIGON has helped revolutionize how consumers get from place to place with software products for practically any navigation-ready hardware. Personal navigation devices (PND), smartphones, and in-dash navigation systems directed by NAVIGON's award-winning MobileNavigator (MN) software delivers reliable information on millions of destinations in an intuitive, easy to use format. NAVIGON is a valued partner to the automotive industry, and in 2006 strengthened its category competency by acquiring NAVTEQ's navigation software business.
NAVIGON is a privately-held software company based in Hamburg, Germany, with NAVIGON USA headquarters in Chicago, IL.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm terrible with directions so I bought this hoping it would help me and it did. It found the satellites immediately and kept me moving along quickly. It updates quickly and even if you choose a different route it recalculates a new route and maps it out instantly. The touch screen is responsive and easy to use. It's well made and doesn't feel cheap. The windshield mount works easily and holds the unit in place.
When you register the unit at the Navigon website, you'll find out that a software update is not necessary as of today. FreshMaps is supposed to be available this month (July) and you can sign up for E-mail notification as to when they'll be ready for download. The unit comes with a 2 gig memory card and you can install a larger one when it's needed. The operating system for the mapping program is Windows CE. No problems with it yet.
So far, I'm happy with this unit. It does what I need without a load of unnecessary bells and whistles.
August 3, 2008: As of today, FreshMaps update is now available for this unit. Just go to the Navigon website, log into your account and download the Navigon downloader program. Install the program on your computer and you're ready to go. You can even backup your old maps with this downloader program which is recommended before you download the new maps and install them.
October 1, 2008: Navigon now gives you FREE lifetime traffic information. You just can't go wrong. I've been very happy with this unit.
After extensive research, I decided to go with the 2100 Max. The Nuvi's seem to be the most popular, but I really didn't need all the features (mp3, jpgs, etc) as I figued I wouldn't always have the Nav on while driving. I passed on bluetooth also and bought a seperate bluetooth speakephone for the same reason.
The 2100 Max reminded me most of the Nav system of my older vehicle, and it had features I thought I'd like. Reality view is amazing - as the ubiquitous green freeway signs usually show on screen exactly as they appear on the roads. Lane Assist is pretty accurate also, showing all the major lanes at interchanges (I was counting the first time I used the device!). Voice is loud and relatively clear, though it does sound as if the speaker is of lesser quality than it should be (I don't use the FM function since I want to listen to the radio at the same time). I had no problem listening to directions with the radio on, even after lowering the volume a few notches. Pronunciation is pretty good also - especially with some of the street names here in San Diego.
I cannot say enough about the 2100 Max. Unless you plan to always have the nav system on while driving (where you'd probably want one with integrated bluetooth), I couldn't recommend any other device than this one. My recommendation, pass on the silly features and get this nav system that's packed with an array of great travel features at an incredible price.
- Display/route stays active even with loss of satellites
- Loud and clear directions, with our without FM broacast
- accurate routing and vehicle location/speed
- Ease of travel with lane assist and reality view
- Great variety of customizable options
- Bright screen
- some option selection "buttons" are pretty small for big fingers
- built in speaker gets distorted at higher volumes
1. The unit is sluggish. The screen lags behind the movements of the car badly when making a turn. The 2000S keeps up with the movements.
2. In the description of the 2100 Max, it claims to have a version of "lane assist" as arrows behind the moving arrow showing the lane(s) to be in for an upcoming turn on the freeway. I never saw that feature work when testing it on a complicated freeway exchange. I only got "Reality View" (Highway signs) that appear 2/10th of a mile before a turnoff. This is not enough time to get into a proper lane at times. Lane assist is the main reason for this unit and its missing on the 2100 Max.
3. Unlike the 2000S the speed limit sign only comes on during freeway travel, not when on surface streets.
4. The routing engine is not as good as the 2000S. The 2100 Max routed the long way versus the 2000S after setting the units up exactly the same. I think the 2000S has a better routing engine.
5. Even with a 4.3" screen, the information on the screen was no easier to read (maybe even harder) than the 2000S.
6. The unit has to be set to day or night screen manually, the 2000S can be automatic.
7. In simulation mode, the 2100 Max stays at only 22 MPH while the 2000S varies speeds up to 80 MPH.
All in all I was disappointed with the 2100 Max. It appears to me that Navigon wanted to put out a cheap 4.3" unit on the market and they skimped on the quality that the 2000S has. Why put out a unit without "lane assist" as that feature is fabulous? To me that is the main reason to buy a Navigon. Try the 2000S, I love mine.