Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 11, 2011
I like having 'healthy' snacks in my desk at work and recently discovered Goldenberries. Dried fruit often has sugar or sulfites adde but these are labeled as vine-ripened and the only ingredient is goldenberries (also known as gooseberries). I love the tart taste. If you like Sour Patch Kids, this snack will be right up your alley, and healthy! I hate raisins, they are too sweet. So, if you like sour and tangy snacks, try these. Also a great value in the 16 oz size resealable bag. Have been buying smaller bags at Whole Foods and Rainbow Grocery and this is considerably cheaper, especially if you opt for the auto delivery. I was afraid to order online in case they were not soft (because of how long they may be in the warehouse) but these are even fresher than the ones I bought at the local store. I have noticed that these berries do have a very long shelf life in any case.
on October 21, 2011
The first one I tried I wasn't sure what to think of it. I got a lot of different flavors and textures all at once. I first thought it was soft and chewy, then tasted sweet, then sour, leaving you then with a little bit of a crunch due to there being small seeds inside the goldenberry. the seeds are easy to chew so those aren't a problem. the combination of flavors and textures makes this berry addicting! Goldenberries are about the size of a large raisin. Because of the seeds I don't think small kids would like this, the sour taste with the texture of being left with the seeds would be too weird for the little ones. but great for adults or any health minded individual, this is a good alternative to candy. I've eaten some everyday since I got them in the mail!
on November 23, 2010
I didn't know what to expect when I first ordered this fruit--I have not had it before.
Well, I was so pleasantly surprised that I upped the frequency of delivery on this product!
It is tart just like I like it, sweet but not too sweet, has the right amount of 'chew' in it to make it satisfying, and has a flavor that is hard to describe but to me is pleasant and fruity. The small fruit (varies from a raisin size to a small prune size) has just enough moist in it to be chewy without being too soft or too dry.
It did take me a few bites to get used to the slightly different flavor, but it was mostly just different, not bad. Actually, I've come to love this dried fruit. I prefer tart to sweet, and this is perfect.
The quality is consistent and the packet is a nice size. A handful of these always makes me happy!
on February 10, 2012
I LOVE sour foods so I love these berries!
If you have major sugar cravings like I do then try this:
in a double boiler melt down 2 dark chocolate bars (I use 85% or 92%, LOVE Scharfenberger brand which you can buy at a nice price through Amazon), once it is all melted down add the zest of one orange then dump in 16 oz of Incan Goldenberries, (sometimes I add chopped pecans), spoon out onto a cookie sheet with wax paper, put in fridge til hardened then put in an air tight container and store in fridge.
Just one of these little nuggets of joy :-) is all it takes to totally satisfy my sugar craving each day.
Very excited to find these on Amazon at such a great price compared to the natural food store where I have been buying them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 18, 2008
I had been eating Goji berries for some time when I decided to try a few other super-fruits. after reading about the anti-viral and anti-inflamatory properties of Golden berries (or the Cape Gooseberry) I decided to order some from amazon. I figured they would be a nice compliment to the nutritional aspects of the goji berry.

Well, after having been eating 1-2 bag a month for a year I can say this is one of the most flavorful fruits I have ever had. I find them to have a great texture and they are very sweet and surprisingly sour. I like to think of them as "Nature's sweet tarts".You really just can't find a better tasting dried fruit if you like sour candies!

They seem to have helped with migraines and headaches in that they occur dramaticaqlly less. I also have not had many colds, with only 2 for the past year. When I think of eating them I get that sour-sense feeling behind jaw and below the ears.

Now, I do alot more to ensure great health than eat just these berries, as I do not inted to give the idea these are alone will ease your ailments. These are just so delicious though, you will really like the thought they are good for you too! They do offer nice health benefits and are quite satisfying to my hunger. Don't hesitate to get a bag!
on March 20, 2011
Golden berries are a surprising treat. They taste similar to sour gummy candy and my friends & family were fascinated by the taste. They combine nicely with mulberries or goji berries as well as pecans and pistachio nuts. My husband (a sour gummy candy fanatic) is hooked, and that's one less processed food purchase! PS this is a better price that I've found in health food stores and the quantity is perfect for snacking.
on November 2, 2008
these are awesome! i feel a burst of sunshine and energy when i eat a handful of these. so tart and yummy. and full of antioxidants. great in salads, smoothies (soaked, because they are have little tough parts on the top i guess where they were picked), pudding and really good in a snack bag with a few squares of super dark chocolate and dried cherries (a little treat i keep in the car). and one bag lasts a long time!
on January 20, 2008
These really are not just perfect berries, but perfect food. They taste good , but don't leave me wanting more, and I feel awesome afterwards. Good aftertaste too. They are quite tart, so if you are used to a super sweet SAD diet, this might not be your thing.
These really are a satisfying food, I feel like I'm getting something that I'm missing, I only wish they were cheaper.
on March 9, 2012
I am a big fan of Navitas Naturals and purchase a lot of their products. However, I don't really care for these goldenberries. Maybe it's the tangy flavor... Maybe it's the unusual texture... I don't know. I'm glad I gave them a try, but I'll definitely be sticking to goji berries.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 17, 2011
I like gooseberries but was curious how that would translate to a dried product. Guess what? Dried gooseberries taste like regular gooseberries. It's mostly just a texture difference, but these dried Navitas "Goldenberries" are nice and moist and otherwise exactly like the fresh version. If you've never had gooseberries, they're a bit sour with a hint of sweet and have tiny seeds inside that are fun to chew on if you're at all interested in that sort of thing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.