Bubble Witch Saga 3 Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 12, 2015
Cacao is a natural superfood that should be in anyone's healthy diet. However recent lab reports show this specific brand is high in toxic metals such as Cadmium. Kind of defeats eating an Organic superfood that has a toxin!

"According to Consumer Lab, the upper limit for cadmium is 0.3 mcg/gram (0.3 ppm). Navitas Naturals Cacao Powder contains 0.95 mcg/gram (0.95 ppm) which is over 3 times the upper limit. "Cadmium is a probable carcinogen, can be toxic to kidneys, can cause softening of bones, and may affect fetal development" according to CL. The effects are weight dependent so children will be impacted more."

Do your own research on this brand, however Cacao in general is very healthy and easily used for cooking. It should be a go to product.
66 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2017
Did not use this in food. I don't like chocolate. Weird I know. But it is great in bath products. Using it in 3 different things. It is very clean smelling. Not over powering (thankfully) but you will definitely get the smell. It's not grainy in anyway, making it easy to use in bath product. Everyone is really looking forward to Christmas gifts with this ingredient.
on March 22, 2017
was trying to find a coffee alternative in the winter because I don't like the taste unless I add a ton for flavored creamer (loads of calories) 1 cup hot water tablespoon of raw cacao, tablespoon of honey and a dash of coconut milk and I now have a healthier alternative.
When I learned about the healthy antioxidants provided by natural cacao, I began my search for a good source. Navitas Cacao Nibs are natural and organic. I use them in our daily "health" drinks, and I can't say that they have made any specific difference in our health, but I don't think that can be said in the short-term for any supplement. Since raw cacao is rated as one of the "Super Foods", I feel that it will have long term benefits.

Although natural raw cacao is not sweet like chocolate, it adds a nice crunch, like chocolate chips, for homemade ice cream, and is much more healthy. I also use the Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Cacao Powder for some recipes and in our daily drinks.
on January 20, 2016
Great shipping free and fast
I must admit not one of my favorite things to taste
I have tried it on cereal and in smoothies prefer the smoothies
I have more energy and brings a feeling of well being

For those of you unfamiliar about Cacao
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate you can consume, which means it is raw and much less processed than cocoa powder or chocolate bars. Cacao is thought to be the highest source of antioxidants of all foods and the highest source of magnesium of all foods. It has been used throughout many cultures for years for health purposes and even used as a high trade commodity.
Cacao powder contains more fiber and calories than cocoa powder since more of the nutrients from the whole bean are still intact. Cacao is an excellent source of monounsaturated fats, cholesterol-free saturated fats, vitamins, minerals, fiber, natural carbohydrates, and protein that make it an excellent source of nutrients.

See this link for 21 Health Benefits
Conclusion: I highly recommend giving this a try
on April 22, 2013
I love these Cacao Nibs. In the mornings, I get about 10 pieces and eat them. I can feel my mood elevate and it does not fall or crash. The presence of iron, antioxidants, and magnesium are enough reasons for me to buy and eat this superfood. The first few times I tried it, I had to get used to the taste. Some people put it in their coffee too. I tried that but put too much in. I now put a few pieces in my coffee some mornings too. Note" This is the purest form of dark chocolate. There are no butter solids and you can taste this difference. If you enjoy dark chocolate that is not too sweet, then I am sure you will like this too. Many friends at work have begun to enjoy these nibs too.
on October 3, 2016
These are suppose to be really healthy for you so I use them ( not daily though) in either my nonfat greek yogurt or in my daily shakes. By itself, they aren't good but mixed in with something, Yum!
on November 8, 2013
I only use these for smoothies. I am a chocoholic and enjoy all dark chocolates, but these are completely unsweetened and I really wouldn't just eat them right out of the package. However, when you blend these up in a smoothie, any sweet ingredient you use will really bring out the chocolatey flavor of these. I use an Oster blender and typically put almond milk, yogurt, nibs, agave, kale or spinach, banana, and frozen fruit into my smoothies. I use about 1/8 cup of nibs if I am filling up the blender. They get chopped into tiny bits and you do have chewy chocolate bits in your smoothie. I have used many bags of these and very rarely have I come across any shells.
on October 9, 2014
I love adding these crunchy nibs to oatmeal. They are also good in smoothies but only if you have a high speed blender like a Vita Mix to thoroughly blend them into the drink. Note, they don't melt in (for example) in hot coffee.

I am concerned about the cadmium levels in the product and will return to write more on that after some research. My heavy metals lab report showed higher than normal cadmium so my doctor told me one potential source was the dark chocolate I'm fond of eating.
on May 28, 2009
I had been snacking on unsweetened bakers chocolate for years - I melt the squares in an aluminum pan (the kind they call disposable but I reuse them many times) and then tip the pan so the melted chocolate spreads out, then I put it in the 'fridge to harden and because the pan is flexible I can pop it out, then break it up into bite sized shards. Anyway that story about how many roach parts are in cacao when it goes to be processed resurfaced so I thought I'd try these nibs for snacking instead. They're okay but nothing compared to the unsweetened bakers chocolate. Much more mild and they have a sort of rotted taste, not bad but probably from the fermenting process. They aren't hard like roasted coffee beans so if you're worried about breaking a tooth, don't. They have a kind of waxy texture. I like them best mixed with roasted salted peanuts and raisins. Eating them alone is okay too, but not as good as when they are combined with other things. For trail mix they would be excellent.