Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 19, 2010
Where to start on this one. These little seeds had been on my wishlist for at least three months before i actually bought them. I am a vegan and take my nutrition very seriously. All the hype about what a 'superfood' chia seeds were i figured this was just the next new thing. I did some research, looked at the nutritional benefits and facts and figured if i hated them it wouldn't be too long until i finished the pouch. I make cream of wheat in the morning with a tablespoon of flaxseeds, one cup of almond milk, one cup water, and 4 tablespoons of a nut mixture i made of raw almonds, cashews, walnuts, dried blueberries, cranberries and golden raisins. I purposely make it loose so i feel fuller longer. The chia seeds let me keep the volume of breakfast without adding too many calories. Now my cream of wheat is not so soup like and it has extra fiber protein and the good fats. I am pleased with this product and am going to contiune to use it.
on November 6, 2013
Love these! There were a few bits of grittiness that were not chia seeds, but it was hardly noticeable and the overall quality of these seeds are great. They are tasteless, but so fun to try out in different recipes. I've started to make a sort of chai-like cinnamon pudding with these and it's delicious! I put some almond milk, some vanilla extract, and some cinnamon in there with the chia seeds and let it sit overnight and it absorbs the flavor and tastes almost like tapioca because of the chia seeds. I've used the seeds other ways, but this tends to be my favorite. I use it as a sort of post-meal dessert and it's very delicious and filling. Highly recommend these if you haven't tried them already! Even my picky husband enjoyed eating my cinnamon tapioca-like concoction. :)
TOP 100 REVIEWERon September 21, 2015
Good quality chia seeds, but now that chia is becoming more available, paying $14+ per pound for chia seeds is a little much, so I get these in store for around $8/lb.

Update: I see they've now updated their prices to be more competitive with the going rate on chia seeds.
on February 12, 2014
UPDATED JAN 2015: I bought another bag of these and it's FULL of all sorts of JUNK! It takes FOREVER to sift the seeds from the twigs, rocks and other garbage. I've uploaded a picture of all the junk you have to remove, and the net result was only 2 tablespoons of viable chia seeds! This is NOT WORTH IT for me anymore! Gonna find a different brand. I originally gave 5 stars but I've downgraded to 2.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

These chia seeds are great! I have had NO problems -- no feces or rocks or twigs or anything. I buy a lot of stuff in bulk (nuts, seeds, legumes, rice etc), and you have to pick through just about everything for debris. But these chia seeds are actually BETTER than the ones I can get at my local store -- fewer things you have to pick out. I'm actually really impressed how "clean" the seeds are and how little I have to pick through them. Needless to say I was *really* worried after reading other reviews describing fecal matter and so on, but I'm happy to report that I have not had that problem. And with the 25% off coupon it's a great price for a whole pound. I'm on my second bag!
on April 12, 2015
I would have given 5 stars until the last few bags of chia seeds. They don't plump AT ALL anymore. They smell very green. Almost like thy are very underripe or something. Maybe the popularity of chia sends has forced them to harvest too soon? I don't know. The last few bags have been super bitter and like I said, the don't plump up at all. I soak them overnight and they stay hard and small. Super disappointed.
on February 21, 2015
I use these in smoothies and in chocolate I make. You could add them to baked and cooked foods, but I want to eat them raw to get the full health benefits. I was a little hesitant to order these based on some of the reviews, but I've been through a few bags so far and have nothing strange to report. Everything I've gotten from Navitas so far has been great.
on March 30, 2013
I add a spoonful to my smoothies and I am full for hours. I usually do a smoothie around 7 am. Without adding these, I get a little hungry around 9 am. When I add a spoonful of these I now stay full until around 10:30 am. This means I don't need to have as many snacks before lunch. With adding these for just a week doing my other normal exercise and regular routines, I lost 2 pounds.
on September 15, 2014
Navitas is my favorite brand. I use many of their products that I can buy from Amazon. The price is the best deal that I can find anywhere. I can trust this company and Amazon to deliver the best quality and the best deal. I can recommend to anyone.
on November 6, 2015
I keep buying it. i mix it ( 2 T) with my cereal or oats etc every morning. It really helps everything in my digestive tract to move along nicely without bloating and pain. It's also good melted with dark chocolate to make crispy treats. I've tried many other brands but this is my favorite.
on May 26, 2014
Thru all my reading and educating myself to discover a healthier manner of eating foods, I learned alot about chia seeds, and then bought this item and than another chia item, both are gone and time to order again. The seeds blend well and have no negative taste at all.