BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

Navitas Organics Chia Seeds, 16 oz. Bag
Flavor: Seeds|Size: 16 Ounce|Change
Price:$8.75+ Free shipping (Addon item)

I love chia seeds! Just recently got in on the chia seed fad and let me tell you, It won't be "just a fad" to me. I'm convinced these seeds are giving me the energy to push through my workouts each day. Chia seeds can literally go in anything and they're hardly noticeable! I mostly put them in smoothies, overnight oats, or yogurt, but they blend well with anything

Not only are these little seeds nutritional powerhouses, they can also make really tasty treats! I love to make chia pudding with soy or almond milk to eat in the mornings or adding a TBS to my smoothies for an extra boost of energy and Omega-3 fatty acids. Eating them boosts energy and increases endurance. Such a great food to include with breakfast to keep you going all day.

Here is my favorite bona fide chia-based dessert recipe — and it’s pretty inventive, too. - Cherry Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
For the pudding:

2 tablespoons cold water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon SweetLeaf Stevia

Preparation
1.Blend milk, cherries, cardamom, Stevia and vanilla together in a blender on high until smooth. Pour the cherry mixture over chia seeds and whisk thoroughly. Let rest for 5 minutes then stir again. After 10 minutes, stir again. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
2.Soak the cashews in water and also refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
3.To make the cream, blend the cherries in a blender until you have a smooth puree. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add to the blender along with cold water. Blend until the cashews are liquefied, and have a smooth texture. Add vanilla and Stevia and blend until well combined.
4.Before serving, give the pudding a good stir and divide into 4 cups; top with cream and more cherries.

**I rely heavily on reviews from others when purchasing items online so I try to be as thorough and honest in giving my opinion as possible. I appreciate your feedback, so [...]
on March 23, 2013
I bought this many times and always rated it 5 star, but the last shipment to me was with very low quality, lots of sands, and then I found this from a mice left over, take a look the photo uploaded
review image review image
77 comments| 250 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
MY EXPERIENCE
> I was intrigued by the promise of tapioca-like pudding which didn't have to be cooked. I love tapioca, but it is just too much work. I was somewhat disappointed with the chia pudding. There is a vague similarity between chia pudding and tapioca pudding, but chia pudding simply is not tapioca.
> Chia pudding is more of a bland yogurt-like substance, which goes better with fresh fruit (berries, bananas, peaches, etc.) than alone. Indeed, my impression from the internet is that chia pudding (made with almond milk, soy milk, or water) is most popular among vegans, and is essentially used as "vegan yogurt". But, if you aren't vegan, your chia pudding doesn't have to be vegan. Chia pudding made with milk is tasty and appealing, particularly with fruit.

MY RECIPE
> For a thin yogart-like texture 2 tablespoons chia. For pudding-like texture, 3 tablespoons chia.
1 cup milk. This can be cow milk, probably even half-and-half, but vegans use almond milk, soy milk, or even coconut milk. Other reviewers claim that fruit juices can be used.
> 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
> 1 teaspoon sugar (or agave, honey, etc.) to taste. Stevia works well if you want to minimize the sugar. Kal Pure Stevia Extract Powder -- 3.5 oz
> Mix and chill overnight. The easiest way is to use a container with a tight lid so that you can shake it once an hour for the first several hours, so that the chia seeds fully hydrate.

PS: EASY TAPIOCA PUDDING. My research on the internet revealed that tapioca pearls and pudding are two different things. Pudding (of any kind) is simply starch. For a 2-cup pudding mix, use 1/4 cup of tapioca pearls which have been soaking in dairy, soy or almond milk for at least 3 hours. If you use a vanilla or coconut pudding mix that you cook until it thickens, cook the hydrated tapioca pearls with the mix. Tapioca pearls in a vegan pudding would be vegan. Bob's Red Mill Tapioca, Small Pearl, 24-Ounce Units (Pack of 4) ;Jell-O Cook & Serve Pudding & Pie Filling, Coconut, 3-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 24) ;Bird's Custard Powder 300g. Coconut pudding and Bird's Custard mix contain no eggs, and so would be vegan, if made with soy or almond milk.
on June 15, 2013
I read about the many benefits of consuming Chia seeds and decided to give it another whirl. As a child, my grandmother would make refreshing aguas (fruit beverages) with Chia added, as many Latinos cultures have been using the seeds for centuries. As I had not had Chia since I was a child, it brought back many pleasant memories when I tried the Navitas. I also have Fibromyalgia, and I have noticed a difference after I consume 2 beverages with 2 tsp of Chia a day. My fogginess is less and the stiffness in my joints is better. Is it a cure- no, but a welcomed improvement that doesn't require consuming nasty drugs. I particularly like this brand because it has a nice flavor and has the added benefits of being organic and non-GMO.
on December 6, 2012
I purchased these to help with the fact that I'm infertile. However, they make me less hungry as well. So there are two reasons to like it. I'm still not pregnant but I am eating less. I was overeating anyway. Also, my energy is up all day long after drinking the water & chia seeds.

I put one spoonful in a glass of water and drink it before going to work in the morning. I can hardly eat my lunch so I don't really eat much till dinner. You will notice some weight loss and less bloating or at least I have. I am around 160 lbs. so not obese. One of the side effects is supposedly gas but I haven't had any. Maybe I'm not eating as much as they are.
on November 6, 2013
Love these! There were a few bits of grittiness that were not chia seeds, but it was hardly noticeable and the overall quality of these seeds are great. They are tasteless, but so fun to try out in different recipes. I've started to make a sort of chai-like cinnamon pudding with these and it's delicious! I put some almond milk, some vanilla extract, and some cinnamon in there with the chia seeds and let it sit overnight and it absorbs the flavor and tastes almost like tapioca because of the chia seeds. I've used the seeds other ways, but this tends to be my favorite. I use it as a sort of post-meal dessert and it's very delicious and filling. Highly recommend these if you haven't tried them already! Even my picky husband enjoyed eating my cinnamon tapioca-like concoction. :)
on August 22, 2017
I did some reading on chia seeds and wanted to try adding into our shakes. These are good. I was very happy with purchase.and would buy again. For sure!
on December 20, 2013
I personally take about a tablespoon of seeds and put them in water and let them sit for a while. They will expand and have a jelly-like texture. They are hard to drink at first but once you start doing it on a daily basis it gets easier and they aren't so gross. I also put them in my nutri bullet but I feel like they are more affective in water. Make sure you stir the seeds because they WILL form this giant clump that is hard to break. They will also stick like crazy to the glass if you don't rinse it right after use. I suffer from kidney problems which leads me to be extremely fatigued at times and these help keep up my energy without the harmful side effects of energy drinks. Strongly recommend
on July 5, 2014
I put chia seeds in my water and to make vegan raw desserts. I was so disappointed to find a lot of twigs and hard black droppings in this product. I thought this would be more economical than buying the smaller pack I normally get at Trader Joe's not the case since I'm afraid to consume this product. I will never use this company again. Bag lot # 3101410711
on June 20, 2013
This is my first time trying chia seeds, and incorporating them into my diet regularly and I think these are great! I've been making a chia gel with water and chia seeds, and adding it to my morning smoothie and drinking it in the afternoon with just water. I can't comment on taste, as they don't really taste like much! I did have to get used to the texture, drinking it with just water. I've been reading about the various health benefits of chia seeds, and think they definitely will be a great supplement to my vegetarian diet. I can't tell if they are helping me tremendously, as some other reviewers have suggested, but I do feel somewhat more sustained energy throughout the day. I haven't seen any difference with my hunger levels or anything else, but I am happy with my purchase and will continue to use this product.