Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 203 reviews
on November 26, 2010
I mounted this scope on my Mosin Nagant M91-30 rifle and it greatly improved the performance. I removed the rear sight by knocking out the pins and the set screw and then knocking it off. Mine was actually soldered under the rear sight base, so heating and melting the solder would have been preferable (I had to hit the sight base pretty hard to get it off.) Then I mounted this scope on the base under the rear sight with 1" Ring - 3/8" Dovetail medium scope mounts also available on Amazon.com (NcStar mounts #RB25.) I took it out and sighted it in at 50 and 100 yards. Before I mounted this scope I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with my Mosin. After mounting and sighting it, I could place 5 shots in the circle at 100 yards with a cross wind. If you mount this scope on your Mosin Nagant M91-30 as I did, you do NOT have to replace your bolt with a bent sniper bolt and you can continue to use clips to load your gun from the top. This scope does not interfere with the action and you do not have to remove the front sight either.

I have not tested its long term durability yet, but if you don't want to pay more for a scope than what you paid for the gun, then this is the way to go.

UPDATE 3/1/2014: Unfortunately after some use this scope fell off my rifle with the dovetail ring mounts I mentioned above. I now recommend installing a dovetail to weaver adapter onto the rear sight base first, then mount this NcStar scope onto the weaver rail using the mounts that come with the scope. I picked the "Hammers .22 scope rail adapter 3/8 & 11mm dovetail to weaver" that you can get here on Amazon. It has three screws to hold it on, is reversible to fit the Mosin 11mm rear sight base, and it grips the entire length of the base. It also comes with a stop screw on top to keep it from moving. As others advised, I drilled a little indention into the sight base under the stop screw and then secured the stop screw and hold screws with thread lock. I put 50 rounds through this setup and the scope didn't budge.
1515 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2012
I purchased two of these scopes to mount on a Mosin Nagant and an M95 Steyr Mannlicher. I have only had the opportunity to shoot the M95 to this point, but so far so good. The optics are pretty decent for this price range of long eye relief scope. I have not been impressed with most NC Star scopes, but this one was a pleasant surprise. My only complaint is the fine posts on the crosshairs. I prefer a thicker post since I do more hunting than target shooting, but for the money, and what appear to be fairly clear and bright glass at an entry level price, I really can't complain. If you are looking for an inexpensive long eye relief scope to put on a military rifle to hunt or target practice with, this is a nice option.

3/21/12. I have now had the chance to shoot both rifles with this scope on two occassions. I am even more impressed than after the first try as this time I was actually at a shooting range with better bench rest conditions than the first time. Both the M95 Styer and the Mosin shoot fairly stout rounds with stiff recoil. I shot a total of about 25 rounds out of each rifle, and the scope worked well, holding its zero nicely, and shooting to the same point of impact at all power settings. The field of view is decent. If you are not used to scout style scope set-ups, it can take some getting used to. Shooting at a variety of targets of differing sizes out to 125 yards, the crosshairs still seem a bit thin to me, but are acceptable. I'm sure there are better, high dollar long eye relief scopes out there, but for the money, this one is a winner.
on March 8, 2016
I've had this scope mounted on my 1942 Tula for about 2 years now. This was my 3rd forward mounted scope that I had tried due to the others either failing or not being the proper eye relief with the scope mount setup. I had also tried different forward scope mount combo, such as the Brasstacker scout mount, which is fine, but kept rattling loose and was too high off the bore axis. I finally settled on this scope with the S&K scope mount and rings, which are solid and mount really low on the rifle. Now, I'm no scope snob, but I would rather buy a decent $250-300 scope and stay away from the Chinese stuff, but this scope has really surprised me. Clear, holds zero, simple, and has taken a moderate beating over several hundred rounds through it. I have this rifle setup with a Timney trigger, Archangel stock, and cut and crowned 22" barrel. I can make slightly over 1 inch groups with Winchester 180 grain soft tip ammo, 2 inch groups with surplus.
review image review image
on September 10, 2014
Ok got scope! I have read every review on this scope, good, bad, junk. Well I set up my mosin on 2- 25 pound bags of Rice (I am a chef) Put two targets on my fence, my yard is precisely 75 feet long, take bolt out, put on target. sighting in scope, move elevation and windage, cannot figure out whats wrong!!!!!!! it wont sight in, read directions again, Tried that still wont sight in> Get gun rest out and to make sure gun is perfectly still, same procedure, still wont sight in!!!!!!!!! then I figured it out..... the windage and elavation move oppisite of the what directions say> turn left crosshair should go left, but it goes right, windage says turn up but crosshairs go down, I have 1 other scope a tasco, turn left crosshairs go left, blah blah. It does have good clarity, and the zoom works good and eye relief is still very good at 7 Magnification, Needless to say I ordered a Simmons Prohunter on THE BAY. Sept 12 2014: did use scope at gun range, tried bore sighting without laser, after 20 shots, I hit the 1 inch circle "bulls EYE" it is a decent scope!
but then trying to remember which way to turn turrets, was trying. It is mounted with Leapers Accumount 1 piece, and jb welded on gun, plus the screws, yeah little overkill. 1 week later Sept 17th, the scope ended up on my SW 15-22, used the cheap rings, works great for 22lr!! Got a Simmons and a Bushnell to use on Mosin, this scope, FOR ME DIDNT WORK ON A MOSIN. iT LOOKS REALLY WILD MOUNTED REALLY FORWARD ON sw 15-22, BUT WHAT A TACK DRIVER, AND NO ZEROING ISSUES
review image
on May 28, 2013
read some other reviews on trying to scope a mosin nagant without having more money it the gun than the gun costs and other reviews said this worked for them. I got the scope and UTG 1 pc. mount ( ordered seperatly ) pretty quick, went to the range and used my surplus military ammo 178 gr. silver bulgarian corrosive ammo to get it close and then sighted it in with the seller & bellot 180 gr. s.p. at 25 yrd. about 3/4 low then went to 100 yds and checked it. It remained zero and shots were 1 moa. Now i have probab;y shot only 30 rounds through it with the scope attached but from my experience if a scope is going to mess up it will happen when your trying to sight it in. the scope is a lot better than i expected and i have learned my lesson about buying cheap scopes in the past but so far i can't find anything wrong with this ncstar. if you want to scope your mosin with the rear sight removed, this combo is what you need and you won't be dissapointed. i think the 2 bad reviews i read apparently got a bad scope from the factory which can happen even on the name brand scopes. The original sights on my mosin were so far off you could never have used it for hunting or even just target practice it was so bad. this setup turns a no hitter into tack driver. I am so suprised about the accuracy it's amazing. i was cutting the same hole at 100 yards even though at 100 yards you don't have the magnification to clearly see the rounds on paper ( unless you use spallter targets ). buy the combo and you'll go happy and suprized from the range.
on January 28, 2017
Mounted this to a Crosman 2240 pellet pistol that had some modification (steel breech, 10.1" re-crowned barrel, LDC, LPA MIM rear sight) and found it to be a nice pistol scope after much researching. Easy to achieve sub 1 (closer to 3/4) inch groups at 10 meters all day from a rest. Have put around 160 rounds through it but since there is no to little recoil on a CO2 pistol I think it'll last a while. mounted on high BSA see-thru rings that allow me to use the MIM rear sight and fiber optic front sight. GREAT scope! (especially for the money)
on May 27, 2014
I installed this on a Mosin Nagant 91/30 and it works extremely well! Once I got it zeroed in, it makes shooting the Mosin 10x more fun then it already is! I can hit targets with ease from 25-100 yards the size of pop cans! I love this scope too because it was not expensive and I did not want to spend a lot of money on a scope for a rifle that I paid $150 for. I'm not the best shot by any means, but I hit everything I aim at with this scope. Great scope for the money!
on April 15, 2014
I bought this for my Mosin-Nagant, where it works very well. To test it, though, I mounted it on my Weatherby Vangard .300 Weatherby Magnum. You can't get much more abusive than that!
After 87 220 grain bullets went downrange, nobody at the range wanted to fire it any more (we prefer our shoulders attached to our bodies, thank you!) the scope was still holding the original zero at 2 and 7 power and was tight with no rattle or other sign of damage.
Now it resides on my Mosin, and is still holding zero after over 500 full-power shots from THAT kicker!
I'll be ordering the illuminated version soon.
Oh, and the included rings are good quality. They were too tall for my taste, so I'm using an identical, but lower pair from what seems to be the same manufacturer.
on April 28, 2013
I bought this scope for my 1944 Enfield No4 Mk1* "Longbranch" in .303 Brit.
The first time I took it to the range to zero, it scared the crap out of me! After the first 3 rounds, the front lense unscrewed itself from the recoil, and fell off the end of the bench, in the dust ahead of the firing line. From that moment on the glass was never 'clear'. It continued to unscrew until I got home and applied permanent (red) lock-tite to the threads.
Click-adjustments were fine, and the scope was not difficult to zero. It held it's zero the entire time. FOV at 7x was quite narrow.
The other night, my rifle was standing on its butt, at the end of my bed. I did something to make it fall down. It wasn't a hard fall. Just from straight up, to laying on it's side. It fell on carpet. NcStar 2-7x32 is now bent crooked. The rear eye-bell is bent downwards. The 'zoom' ring is frozen. It wasted that easily.

[...]
review image review image review image review image
on October 12, 2013
I bought this like many others for my Mosin as a scout optic option. Well, the first one broke while zeroing it in. I took a shot, about my fifth or sixth of the day, and a peice of debris inside the scope completely blocked cross hairs. So I sent it out to NCStar for a replacement and they sent another one to me. Zeroed this one out and got a few good groups out of it, but after a while I was all over the paper. This problem persisted. I Loctited the Brass Stacker Mount, and Locticted the UTG scope rings I bought for mounting and those were all solid, but the scope has never held a true zero. It might be good for pistol applications it's intended for but for my puropses I think a lower end red dot like a bushnell or something might suit me better.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.