Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Neato Botvac D5 Connected Navigating Robot Vacuum,..." and save 29% off the $599.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Neato Botvac D5 Connected Navigating Robot Vacuum, Pet & Allergy, Works with Amazon Alexa
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultimate control from your phone - use the Neato app to start, stop, schedule, and receive notifications on-the-go. Plus find me! for easy robot location.
- Precise laser smart navigation & spin flow power clean technology scans, maps, and methodically cleans your floors. The automatic multi-room cleaning cleans the entire level of the home, goes back to base to recharge as needed, and resumes cleaning until the job is done. Works on all floor types.
- D-Shape design and CornerClever technology cleans where dirt hides - close to walls and deep into corners.
- Ultra performance - the spin flow power clean, combo brush, extra large dirt bin, and ultra performance filter give you clean floors everyday. Ideal for homes with pets and allergies.
- For issues, please refer to the user manual or contact Neato support at 1-877-296-3286.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The High Performance, LaserSmart Precision Navigating Wi-Fi Robot Vacuum
Botvac D5 Connected is a high performance, navigating, connected robot vacuum. LaserSmart technology provides methodical navigation as it cleans room-to-room, recharging automatically to complete the entire floor. Great for homes with pets and allergies. Use the Neato app to start, stop, schedule it to clean 7 days a week, receive notifications, and easily locate the robot, no matter where you are. Works on all floor types.
Also works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant so you can voice control your robot.
In The Box
- High Performance Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum.
- Integrated Charge Base.
- Power Cord.
- Ultra Performance Filter.
- Combo Brush.
- Side Brush.
- Boundary Markers.
- Brush & Filter Cleaning Tool.
All Neato Robot Vacuums Deliver
Precise LaserSmart Navigation
- Cleans room to room in a methodical, efficient path, finishing up to 4x faster than others.
- Detects furniture and objects and navigates around them.
- Returns to base automatically to recharge and resume cleaning until the entire floor is clean.
SpinFlow Power Clean
- Potent suction & precision brushes leave floors immaculately clean.
- Picks up dirt, crumbs and dust bunnies. Easy to empty extra-large dirt bin.
- Best at picking up pet hair.
D-Shape with CornerClever Tech
- D-Shape allows robot to get where dirt hides, deep into corners.
- Main brush spans front of robot to achieve an efficient, wide cleaning path.
|Neato Botvac D3 Connected||Neato Botvac D80||Neato Botvac D5 Connected||Neato Botvac Connected|
|Neato app / Wi-Fi||✓||✓||✓|
|Self-charging and Auto Charge & Resume||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|SpinFlow Power Clean||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Brushes||Combo Brush||Spiral Blade Brush, Combo Brush, Side Brush||Combo Brush, Side Brush||Spiral Blade Brush, Combo Brush, Side Brush|
|SmartLife||Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Facebook Chatbot||Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Facebook Chatbot||Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Facebook Chatbot|
|Filter||Standard||High performance||Ultra Performance||Ultra Performance|
|Battery||Lithium-ion||Nickel Metal Hydride||High Capacity Lithium-ion||High Capacity Lithium-ion|
|Area Cleaned 1 cycle = 3 cleaning runs||Up to 1800 sq. ft. (60 min / 180 min)||Up to 3000 sq. ft. (60 min / 180 min)||Up to 4500 sq. ft. (90 min / 270 min)||Up to 5000 sq. ft. (120 min / 360 min Eco)|
- Empty the dirt bin after every cleaning.
- Tap your filter against a garbage can to remove excess debris.
- Clean the Neato brush after run to keep the brush debris-free and running smoothly. If debris gathers, don't worry. It's easy to pop the brush out, clean and put it back in the robot.
- Remove built-up debris from the side brush.
- Dust off sensor windows.
Always use Neato Genuine Accessories
Protect your Neato investment
- Ensure that your replacement batteries, filters, brushes and other components are Neato Genuine accessories. Accessories made by third parties may damage your robot or cause performance issues, and will also void your product warranty.
- Get the most out of your Neato robot:
- Charge your robot overnight before using it the first time.
- Between cleaning cycles, keep your Neato robot charging on its charge base.
The high performance, precise laser smart navigating Wi-Fi robot vacuum. Powered by a high Capacity lithium-ion battery, Neato BotVac D5 connected is a high performance, navigating, Wi-Fi connected robot vacuum. Methodically Navigates as it cleans room-to-room, recharging automatically to resume cleaning the entire floor. Great for homes with pets and allergies. Use the neat app to operate your robot anytime, from anywhere. Works on all floor types.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now let's talk about the Neato Botvac D5 Connected. This vacuum does it all! Black patterns in the carpet are no match for the Neato! Our first floor is quite large so more than one run was necessary. But she goes right back to where she left off when the battery is charged up. We love be he way she glides over the carpets in a methodical way (unlike the Roomba) and gets up everything off the floor. We have three Great Danes and there is no trace of them in the house when my Neato Botvac is finished! She runs in the dark with no problem at all! We have a very large open floor plan and I was concerned the Botvac wouldn't get all areas cleaned. But she did! It's also quite amazing for it to know how to lower herself to go under my sofas! She shrinks down if she is too tall! We have a large round table with six chairs. How she managed to maneuver around the pedestal and chairs amazed us! She can even lift herself to get out of a jamb! (Not the Roomba. Even in the basement we have to go hunt and find the Roomba because it always gets lost and stuck.) I also have to mention when she goes back to her base to charge she literally backs her back side in and wiggles until properly connected! Too funny!
We attribute the great cleaning coverage of the Neato D5 to the excellent programming and laser mapping this unit has. Though you can't see the laser, you can see the unit sitting and turning to map out the room and area. Plus, it remembers the areas that it traveled, such that when it comes by them again, it will automatically turn to do an overlap. It maneuvers itself graciously around table legs and chairs. It goes under our dining room set of many chairs and legs and manages to get around all of them, and it knows that they are there. If the laser doesn't pick it up, the very sensitive edges on the unit will very lightly touch the object, then remember it's there, and go around it.
As an example, we forgot about a tall thin ceramic vase we had sitting on the floor. A slight bump would knock it over. We saw the Neato coming toward it, and thought that's it, it's going to fall over. But NO, the Neato slowed down coming up to it, gave it a very gentle touch, and went in a circle around it. We were now very impressed and didn't worry after that. We also have a solid heavy square edged stainless steel table bottom, between 1/2" to 3/4" thick. It stopped when it came to that and couldn't go forward to get over it. Did that stop it? NO! It tried a couple times, realized it couldn't go forward, backed up, turned to an angle, then lifted it's one wheel taller, and went right up on it and continued to clean.
Speaking of wheels, there are two main drive ones on the Neato. On bare floor, the unit sits low to the floor, but when it comes to bumps, rugs, edging, etc, it moves one wheel or the other, or both, to a different height, then keeps on going. We thought for sure the unit was going to get itself stuck a few times from the situations that it got into, but, no again. The unit figures out how to get out of a jam. We watched it get into tight spaces like a maze, and sure enough, it's smart enough to figure how to get itself back out. Though there's a Find Me icon in the App on the smart phone, we haven't had to use it. It just kind of takes care of itself. We don't worry about it.
The App that you can load on your smart phone lets you set schedules, start and stop it, provides you with cleaning statistics, tech data, battery power, etc. We found the unit battery will at least go two hours, and if it hasn't finished cleaning (depending on size of the area), it will shut of it's vacuum, and find it's way back to it's base to charge. Never bumps into anything on the way either, it knows where it needs to go. As mentioned by another reviewer, it will go up to the base going forward, slow down, turn itself around, then slowly wiggle backwards to ensure it makes a good contact. It will then charge, and when done, leave again and go right back to the exact spot it left off to finish cleaning. The App provides status of everything going on if you want to know.
Since we have pets, if the vacuum filled up and needed emptied, that's not a problem either. You can tell it to remind you to clean bin at an interval you choose, or, if you forget, and the unit bin gets too full, or even if the brush gets tangled or needs cleaned, it will stop and signal you, and even send you a message from the App to let you know. If you want to clean just one room, all you do is sit it in the room, press Start, and close the door. When it's done, it returns itself to the exact spot you placed it and shuts itself off. If you have an area with no door, or a section where you don't want it to "cross that line", Neato provides a magnetic strip you can lay across that section, and the unit will not cross it.
Sorry for the ramble, but you can tell we're impressed with the Neato D5, and are very glad we chose this brand over any other manufacturer. We haven't found anyone else that has a unit that can do the same. Instead, they tell us what theirs can't do. So are we pleased, definitely Yes!
I have a 12 sided house with no square rooms, and it is open concept. We have 1 dog (golden retriver) and 1 cat that both shed. There are hardwood, tile and area carpets, 3 of the upper level rooms have wall to wall carpeting. Despite all of this Neato has had no trouble at all cleaning all of the rooms. The botvac has not fallen down any stairs and shifts from floor surface to new surface with no trouble at all. It has become stuck in the odd corner and quickly sends me a message on the phone to rescue it. I am frankly amazed at how well it cleans and how much it is getting each time. I have been letting it go every morning, on auto clean for the main level, and moving it to other levels in the home later in the day. I am already considering getting a second one for our lower level (family room/mud room/guest/bath).
The botvac is very persistent and we have made use of the magnetic marker in order to save the train set from it, along with the dog bowls. I highly recommend having extra marker on hand, as I already have found a need for it.
Overall Amazing Product!