Neato Robotics XV-12 Automatic Vacuum Cleaner
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Automatically vacuums in methodical back and forth patterns
- Laser guided to avoid obstacles and furniture
- Automatically adjusts between carpets and hard floors
- Automatically returns to base to recharge
- Large, bag less dirt bin
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
If my Neato were a maid, I would fire him (I haven't named him but I've decided he's a he, probably because I am being reverse-sexist) due to these CONS:
- He misses spots near corners and along edges (walls or low furniture).
- He can't handle getting everything under the dining room table (has trouble getting around all the chair legs)
- He has trouble transitioning from wood to high pile carpet (extra cushy carpet in our daughter's room). He actually got stuck once and I had to give him a little nudge
- He generally leaves a line of crumbs along the perimeter of our area rug, I guess from the change in elevation.
- The apparent "automatic door detection" seems a bit buggy because he seems to be doing 2-3 rooms at the same time, even though the manual says that he's supposed to finish off one room before moving onto the next. This may be because some of our doorways are on the wide side. I don't know.
However, my Neato is not a maid. My Neato is a slave who works for free. So, given that, he does a pretty okay job, given these PROS:
- Suction seems strong - picked up a lot of loose fibers left behind by my vacuum
- picks up hair off carpet better than my vacuum (we are part Italian and very hairy and we shed a lot so this is very important to us)
- I haven't had him lose himself in the house yet.Read more ›
1. It doesn't beep if it needs help. It just stops. If you're far enough away that you don't hear the motor stop, you won't know that it's stuck or its sensor is dirty until you happen to go check on it. I would appreciate a nice loud beep to get my attention.
2. In my house it doesn't really recognize separate rooms and clean one before moving on, even when it seems like it should be really obvious. At the end of my hall there are two bedrooms, one on each side, with standard doorways. It will go into one, clean a little, then come back out, clean the hall again, go back to the bedroom, clean a little more, go to the other bedroom, clean a little there, and back and forth repeatedly. It does eventually clean both entire rooms (and the hall several times) but it takes a LONG time and a lot of battery power. In the rest of my house, where the floor plan is relatively open, it's even less methodical.
3. The "clean spot" option is erratic. Supposedly it will clean an area of a few feet square, but it moves so randomly about the area that it misses stuff. Rather than run it repeatedly over the same spot, I just break out the ol' dustbuster for much quicker spot cleans.
4. I wish it had a "clean room" option, rather than just "clean spot" and "clean house.Read more ›
When I first got it, I vacuumed my home office - really slowly and carefully - using the central vac. I then took the Neato from it's charger base (stationed in another room), placed it in the office and fired it up. I closed the French Doors to the office so it would stay there (I could have used the magnetic strip to keep it in there but this was merely a test and I could close it off with the doors) . When it stopped (in the exact same stot I started it from), I checked the dirt bin. OMG - it was close to being filled. I was happily shocked. What a great job it did and the carpet looked even fresher than when using the central vac. So, I let it loose in the main house to see how it would work there - after I vacuumed that too.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Even if it was always getting stuck between chair legs and on power cords, etc at least the robot did leave its base and attempt to clean - for about 3 weeks. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Cavendish
Had to return it - didn't run well on our carpet, which is your average normal household carpeting. Kept stalling for some reason.Published 4 months ago by sara f. pete
We bought the XV-11 for ourselves, love it, worked like a champ! bought this model for our parents and it is a piece of junk - so much so that they couldn't use it for their new... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
I bought a XV-12 in late 2013, and have to replace this unit 3 times since... " Brush stuck" cont be repaired wo returning unit.. costs $50 each trip for a return. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Kevin M Harrigan
This is a worthless piece of crap. I live alone and do not have much of a mess. Most of the time, I do not even wear shoes in my house. Read morePublished 8 months ago by stageangel
I bought this Neato about a year ago. It had pretty good reviews compared to some other brands. I only use it about twice a month since I live alone and don't have pets. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer