Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(1 star). See all 245 reviews
on July 18, 2012
Pretty decent little flashlight. The batteries that came with it were dead, and the flashlight turned on then started flickering and dimming really low, so I thought something bad had happened to the driver or something of that sort. I bought some new batteries and installed them and it's been working great ever since. The spot to flood action is nice, and the power is quite amazing. When at full power and focused to spot, you can see it shining on the ground outside with full sun, it's not bright, but you can still tell it's there. The construction is impressive and feels solid, I can definitely see how this could be used as a weapon. It's about the size of a fist pack and has sharp edges where the curves on the head and tail are.

I live in the country and have some wooded areas around my house, and I heard something rustling around outside while my dogs were going crazy one night. I was able to see a big cat that was about 150 feet away, in the woods and it's eyes were glowing right at me, I put it in the strobe mode and the mountain lion took off.

Overall, I would recommend this, and I'm planning on buying some as gifts for this christmas for those guys in the family you can't ever think what to get.

Edit: January 5th, 2013

I wish I could say I still recommend this product. The light output was great but when it came down to needing it, it consistently failed me. After fresh batteries were left in less than a week, they'd be almost dead, and I would have to hit it with my hand to get it to come on some of the time. I also had the internal reflector come loose so now it looks like a googly eye with that moving around all over the place and not focusing the light correctly. I'm disappointed because I really liked this product.
on August 5, 2014
well made but overpriced. Very impractical because it eats batteries like popcorn!
on August 27, 2015
Failure after 6 months of use. if your flashlight stopped working take a look at the battery holder specifically at the coil wires inside...RUSTED out. Poor design
on March 17, 2012
I was very happy with this flashlight for a short while, but just like the other reviewers said the LED light dimmed down permanently so much that any other cheap $5 Flashlight has more light output.
I had to revise my rating which was 5 star but paying $25+ for a piece of crap is very expensive, and this happened to both of my flashlights, since I was fool enough to buy 2 after the first impression.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this piece of Garbage.
on December 10, 2012
Bought/received this flashlight from Amazon this year and used for a few months before I lost this flashlight. My usage was limited to single digit minutes on high power in the hopes that it would help prevent light output failure indicated by many reviews here on Amazon. The light output failures are largely a dramatic reduction of output light.

Experienced a strange condition of extremely low output when set on high output. This extreme low output was so low I was able to see the light emitting diode chip from the front of the light looking into flashlight with the naked eye. I have no explanation for this state other than to say it was funky. No poor electrical contact from the switch to the battery would cause this state IMO. The battery and other contacts were cleaned with solution with every battery change, a total of three changes if I remember correctly. Flicking the tactical power switch a number of times returned it to normal operation and performance.

The belt clip is too flimsy/weak for use on the belt. A more appropriate name for the clip would be a shirt clip.

Low battery indicator, as stated elsewhere here on Amazon, is virtually a useless feature because by the time it lights the maximum light output is dramatically compromised/low.

This flashlight never got warm or remotely warm during my single digit minutes use. Generally used the high output for up to around 9 minutes. This is indicative of an extremely efficient design or very poor heat conduction to the aluminum body.

My experience above along with those of many others in terms of any reasonable life of this product is the reason why I give the product a 1/5 star rating. Not worth owning in my opinion unless it's considered a single use disposable product that is over priced.
on May 26, 2015
Strobe function does not work.
on July 4, 2012
This product was awesome for about 10 days. It was super bright and cast a 150yd beam with ease. Eventually however it's heat sink gave way to a very dramatic dimming LED. Now its lumens have dropped in half. This seems to be very common with this cheap product made in China.
on July 9, 2014
Light went dim after a couple of uses.
on May 16, 2012
1. To my surprise when I make a small spot the center of the spot is yellow. If must be white for sure. I bought 3 flashlights and each one has the same problem.
2. When I make a small spot it's rather square than a circle. The previous 220 lm model is much better with the focusing system.
3. The weak part of these devices is a red plastic part. I didn't break it, but it's definitely a very dangerous part!

Other than that the flashlight is really bright and I like it in general. 2 will go as gifts, but I will keep 1 for myself. :)
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2012
Received my Redline SE 5615 and was very impressed with the brightness and how white the light was. I used it on my job for a total of about 10 hours, two sets of batteries. I've had it less than two weeks and now it's very dim even with new batteries and the light it puts out is no longer white, it's more of a sky blue, very dim. I was hoping the dimming problem had been addressed with the new 5615 model. I loved the light when I received it, the features; batteries size, spot to flood, different power setting, size, magnetic base were all perfect for my needs, too bad it didn't hold up. I'm afraid to try another one. I'm now looking for another brand.
1515 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.